Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Asthma and allergies cured/ got better?
Posted by: anuiyer7 ()
Date: May 30, 2007 03:28PM

Dear all, I had another question I am posting on behalf of my husband.

He has asthma and allergies and recently (3 or 4 days ago) went raw with me. I read that asthma is curable on a raw diet and allergies will also be gone.

Has any one had any of these cured/ got under cobntrol with occasional use of inhalers?

Could you please let me know?

(I promised him that he will feel much better with the raw diet, thats the only way I could get him to eat 100% raw. He said he will do it for 30 days and see if he improves. LOL!)

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Asthma and allergies cured/ got better?
Posted by: sndnance ()
Date: May 30, 2007 06:10PM

I have seasonal allergies and eating raw seems to help a whole lot. Not sure about the asthma but have heard the same thing as well.

Posted by: Frannie ()
Date: May 30, 2007 10:17PM

Hi anuiyer7,

My youngest son had asthma before we started eating raw. Not very severe but he did have to use a inhaler on and off. Within a couple of weeks of eating 100% raw his asthma disappeared.

A friend of mine has a daughter who has very severe asthma. She wakes up several times a night, not being able to breathe and has to use her inhaler. My friend put her on raw diet and also within weeks the girl slept through the night without having any attacks. Unfortunately the girl doesn't like eating raw and craves cooked foods which her mother gives to her when the girl insists. Every time she eats cooked she starts having asthma attacks again and every time she goes back to eating raw the attacks stop.

Hope this helps, wishing you and your husband a good raw journey.

francis

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: May 30, 2007 10:22PM

same here seasonal allergies dont seem to be much trouble to me anymore ..unless i walk into someones really dirty house
or
start rolling around in a grassy field of clover smiling smiley (i dont do this very often .. I DONT!.. quit looking at me that way !!!)

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: ThomasLantern ()
Date: June 01, 2007 07:45PM

It seems like cutting dairy out of my diet basically eliminated my allergies to pollen/dust/animals, which were pretty strong allergies... (my nose would constantly run at my cottage!)

Posted by: suncloud ()
Date: June 01, 2007 08:31PM

My son had asthma when he was growing up. Every time he ate meat or dairy, he would get bronchitis and asthma attacks. Every time he stopped eating meat and dairy, he'd quickly get healthy again.

Posted by: Elakti ()
Date: June 01, 2007 08:57PM

That's really great your husband agreed to try raw for 30 days...best wishes to you both.

I've heard so many accounts of asthma and allergies being resolved on a raw food diet. One of Boutenko's children, the girl I believe, had bad asthma and soon after turning raw started sleeping through the night, and soon didn't even need the inhaler anymore.

Very good! I hope he sticks with it for 30 days and I certainly hope it is enough time to see positive changes. I think it will!

Let us know!

Elakti

Posted by: Mama Cass ()
Date: June 02, 2007 11:44PM

my husband and i were both on allergy medications for years.
i took zyrtec for two years, daily, otherwise i was miserable. he took allegra seasonally.

since learning/fasting/cleansing/going raw (more for me than for him), i have noticed a HUGE change, since i haven't taken allergy meds for over two years now. my husband and son notice when their allergies act up, but it's so mild that medication is not even thought of.

as for asthma, i don't know.

peace-

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables