Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Shower and Digestion
Posted by: frutarian_nav ()
Date: May 30, 2007 06:39PM

Hi,
Some people say it is not healthy to take a shower after a meal or before a meal. They say it slows digestion or has ill effects on our digestion. Does anyone know anything about that? Is the whole shower thing a myth?

Regards,

Navid

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/30/2007 06:40PM by frutarian_nav.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Shower and Digestion
Posted by: khale ()
Date: May 30, 2007 07:42PM

I've heard this too and I think this is taught in the context of Yogic or Aryurvedic health practices primarily, and in Naturopathy in general.

There is no doubt that baths and showers DO affect digestion as I've experienced this myself and I personally try to wait at least an hour or two AFTER EATING to shower or bathe, or to do either before eating. It seems to me that warm or hot baths slow digestion but speed elimination and that cold works in the opposite way, but that is just my own theory, or is it vice versa? I know that I have been helped in digestive disturbances, primarily constipation, by the alternating hot/cold showers which essentially expand and contract the blood vessels and stimulate circulation throughout the body.

hmmm...well, I've looked in the one small drugstore copy of "The Natural Remedy Bible" that I have on hand, and the advice to refrain from a bath or shower until two hours before or after eating is repeated, but with no explanation as to why. Hot and cold baths are administered to increase circulation and to stimulate metabolic processes, so the affect on digestion of baths and showers is apparently no myth.

that's all I've got,

khale

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables