Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Just Starting
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: June 03, 2007 04:10AM

Hello,
I am just starting on the journey of raw foodism. I am 39 years old, but heard about it for the first time in March of this year! For one week I ate mostly raw food and felt amazing! I dropped 5 pounds within that week and my body started taking a different shape.

I am only about 10 pounds over weight, but it is in all the wrong places!

Anyway, I do Bikram yoga 3 - 5 times a week and try to eat healthy. Currently I eat about 50% raw food and juice peridically. I am ready to jump into it even further and I am starting NOW!

Any advice or encouragement you could share would be much appreciated!
Ava

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Just Starting
Posted by: khale ()
Date: June 04, 2007 09:25PM

Ava, if you'd like, you may join us on the Seven Weeks All Raw thread. We'd be happy to have you with us.

This is the first day of our fourth week, but no matter, people are jumping aboard as it feels right to them.

congratulations on a good start!

hope to see you,

khale

Posted by: Miss Joan ()
Date: June 05, 2007 01:36AM

Come join us on the 7 Week All Raw thread. It's never too late. We're all at different levels. The wonderful plus is the support you get. Welcomesmiling smiley

Joan

Posted by: life101 ()
Date: June 05, 2007 11:07PM

Ana,

Welcome. I suggest to get in tune with your body and as you make changes towards 100% raw vegan, look at how your body responds. If the change is easy, keep going. If it's not investigate why. Raw veganism is a journey and not an end destination.

You will experience detox symptoms along the way. The symptoms are physical, mental, and spiritual.

The ideal way of eating is mono-eating, one fruit at one meal twice a day. This is not necessarily easy to do so stick with your body's response. You might want more variety in the beginning and as you body gets cleaner, you might want simpler food like just raw fruit.

Good luck.
Therese

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables