Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Low blood sugar or something else?
Posted by: Berlinpathos ()
Date: June 05, 2007 08:34PM

I've been getting those dizzy spells where I lose my vision for a couple seconds which most people experience due to low blood sugar, but I've been getting them very frequently (yesterday about seven times!) and even right after I've eaten.
I eat a lot of fruit, mostly apples, oranges, squash, tomatoes, and watermelon. I pay close attention to food combining. I eat a salad or two a day, with lots of different kinds of greens. I drink kombucha every day, and eat spirulina every day. I hardly eat any nuts (less than once a week), but I eat an avocado every other day.
I've been a raw foodist for about four months.
Also, I've been feeling fine other than the dizzy spells.
Does anyone know any other cause or have a suggestion?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Low blood sugar or something else?
Posted by: life101 ()
Date: June 05, 2007 11:18PM

BP, your dizzy spells may be due to lack of nutrients. Try fitday.com Plug in your intake and supplement where you are lacking.

When I was water fasting, I got dizzy and fainted. That was b/c I was lying down and got up suddenly and my body wasn't ready for it. It probably didn't help that I was menstruating very heavily at the time, either. For me, the milk from 2 Young Coconuts did the trick after I finished my fast.

Sounds like you're doing 80/10/10. You might want to add back in some fat until your body gets cleaner since this may also be a severe detox symptom. When I went from SAD to 100% raw vegan, one of my detox symptoms was major hair fall-out/breakage and nail breakage. I knew I was missing something so I did fitday.com, supplemented, and added some cooked back in. The hair and nails became immediately healthier. Now, since my body is cleaner after 2.5 years, I am able to leave the cooked and most of the supplements alone.

The other alternative is to go to the doctor to get examined or a blood test. They can tell you if your balance is off via your blood or if it is something else.

Good luck.
Therese

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables