Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Very New
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: June 06, 2007 12:48AM

Hello all

I have been considering doing this for a couple years now and I am finally mentally ready. I have had some digestive problems for over 10 years now, and until now I have just been suffering. I am finally ready to take the step to rid myself of these issues. I have a few questions for any one who can help.

First, I want to do a fast/detox before I actually start any suggestions?

Second, where do I start? Do you recommend a gradually progression, or all at once? Can anyone recommend a good book that helped them?

Third, do any of you have suggestions in dealing with family that doesn't want any part of it?

I am a little overwhelmed looking at everything and I just need a basic starting plan to give myself some motivation.

Thanks for your help/opinions

smiling smileyPatty

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Very New
Posted by: Howlingmoon ()
Date: June 06, 2007 01:06AM

I've been reading a book call The Raw Food Detox Diet by Natalia Rose. Tis been a big help to me with getting to know the benefits of eating raw/living foods, recipes, and just where to get started in general.

When I started eating raw food (five and half weeks ago), I just started buying and adding fresh fruits and veggies to what I ate every day and went from there. Eat what you know you'll like.

My Husband hasn't been very supportive, or wanted to get involved in my new way of eating, so I have a bit of experience dealing with family that don' want any part of it. I just do what I need to for me, and he goes on with doing what he needs to. I've been told that I need to worry about myself first and foremost to get my body healthy.

Howlingmoon "Moonie" Wolvespirit

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: June 06, 2007 02:08AM

Good questions:

-If you like...you can engage in a light juice fast for 1-3 days. Of course, it's my opinion that simply eating at YOUR raw food goal...and transitioning to that......for a lifetime....will get you plenty clean....within a reasonable time.

-I recommend a gradual progression....which you can speed up...if it's still very easy after 30 days.

-I found Conscious Eating by Cousens to be a very good book.

-Why deal with family at all? If you are young and HAVE to put up with stuff, then just say, "I'm eating more fresh fruits & vegetables." You don't even HAVE to mention 'raw' or make an issue of it. YOUR diet is really no one else's business - not even your closest loved ones. If YOU are happy - they should be happy for you. Don't you think?

-As for motivation? Ask yourself what you really want. If health and longevity are part of those goals....then the path of eating well should be quite clear. One hopes that a person does not have to become ill before choosing to be well.

-Blessings and strength to you.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: Miss Joan ()
Date: June 06, 2007 02:31PM

A good FAQ list is on the web site www.rawfoodfarm.com Howlingmoon and David Mason had good suggestions to help you get started. You will get a lot of help and support from these boards. Good luck!

Joan

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: June 06, 2007 08:19PM

Thank you all for your help and words of encouragement. I am so excited that I was able to find this forum. winking smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables