Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: fast challenge
Posted by: anaken ()
Date: June 13, 2007 01:17AM

I looked through a bit of the freedomyou site:

some highlighted pointers:

"Water fasting becomes a hellish experience where more time is spent gagging on toxins than enjoying deepened fellowship with God. The juice of fruits and vegetables are filled with healing and cleansing properties that allow the body to gently and safely detoxify.

If you are clear that God has called you to a water fast then He will give you the strength to get through. But I also believe in a God of wisdom. After one has cleansed years of toxins through juice fasting the wonder of water fasting will then be within reach."

Its hard to tell if he means years as a years of backlog or years of eating a healthy raw diet with intermitant juice feasts.

the only thing I can say is that if you are doing a water fast..and not eliminating huge ammounts of wastes and deposits..you can be doing yourself a great dis-service and at the very least some kind of self-punishment, not the kind of gift it should be.

the best book on fasting is Ehret's..has not been improved upon in logic..although theres certainly new tools avalaible now to augment on his wisdom

IMO fasting is a great practice to augment an existing and regular cleansing lifetsyle..not as a jump into one.

just some thoughts.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/13/2007 01:18AM by anaken.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: pihourova ()
Date: June 13, 2007 11:10AM

great points anaken! i did not realize how little i knew about all this till i actually got started. so glad i have all of you guys.

""People are resources, not obstacles.""

this is my 3rd day on just juice. feel really faint if i stand up too fast. no detox symptoms really. i suppose i will have to make it longer to acheive that. but if i make it through the next 24 hours i will have acheived my goal and something that i never thought i could do before. i have been really giddy the whole day so far. like giggling at everything.

hope i can make it longer, but if not i am ok with that too. i will just think of this as my "practice fast" since its my first one.

Date: June 13, 2007 11:23AM

Congratulations Sharrhan!

Jessica, great job as well. you are stronger than me. if i was working there is no way i would be able to do this even for half a day. good luck on your future fast.

Miss Joan
" I think I will do the wheatgrass 3 day fast and implant that I've been reading about. "

--can you tell us more about this? what sort of implant?

Patty i am glad you found us. the more the merrier for the "fabulous fasting club"!!!

Posted by: kwan ()
Date: June 13, 2007 03:32PM

Miss Joan--
Ha! That made me smile. I'm sure this is the first time anyone's been envious of me when I was throwing up and totally out of it. ;-p

It's interesting: the fasting experts write (somewhere, I don't have a reference handy) that the more you detoxify and eat the right food, the more likely your fasts will reach deeper levels of toxins and you may feel sicker when you fast than when you were just beginning.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: June 13, 2007 07:19PM

Hello all,

Here I am on day 4, I woke up this morning feeling very weak and it took me a long time to actually make it out of bed. I finally made it work a couple hours late, but I am here. I did yoga last night, which I do regularly, it was absolutely amazing.

Thanks pihourova for the webiste you recommended, It was great reading.

Posted by: kwan ()
Date: June 13, 2007 08:52PM

Miss Joan,
You made my day! I'm on another fasting forum where there are a couple people who fast on water for like 20 days, feeling great and running around doing stuff for the whole duration, which makes me feel like a real wimp. Thanks for framing it in a more flattering light for me. ;-)

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Date: June 14, 2007 10:08AM

beginning day 4. lots of angry emotions going on last night and this morning. could i be detoxing my mind or is this just a side effect? discovering i may not know how to be truely happy. or perhaps that i will not let myself be happy. this is one of the things i was searching for by doing this fast. some insight into why i can not let anything go. why do i let things torture me so? especially things that are so stupid! its like i need to create drama and saddness for myself. why? hopefully i can stop this. does anyone have any reading for this? preferably reading that does not focus on a specific religion.

Posted by: Prism ()
Date: June 14, 2007 03:50PM

I read a book called "What Happy People Know" from my library, and it was sooo good I went out and bought it.

Love,
Prism

Date: June 15, 2007 08:12AM

ok, i am breaking my fast this morning. thanks for all the support. i am going to continue the acv and see where that takes me. if anyone is still fasting and needs support i will continue giving it. however it seems as though i was definitely the neediest of the club! lol! good luck guys.

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables