Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

help needed for transitionning
Posted by: cynthia ()
Date: June 11, 2007 02:33AM

hi!
lately I have been 2-3 days raw then ate some cooked food, etc, etc...It seems difficult for me not to crave pasta and bread. Just wondering if some here might have that same problem and what to do to overcome it.Although I love fruits and veggies, at some point, I'm always craving savory dishes, the kind of taste fruits can't satisfy. Any advices?
Also, another point : weight Any exemples here of people who GAIN weight with the raw diet? and how long did it take?
Thank you so much

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: help needed for transitionning
Posted by: aquadecoco ()
Date: June 11, 2007 05:46AM

I crave savoury things too and have started using bits of onion and garlic in my tomato salads. If I don't, I wind up eating cooked! and feeling rotten and guilty cuz I don't actually want the cooked, just want the craving to go away.
I have to keep lots of easy to eat things handy (carrot, celery, broccoli, apples, bananas, dates, kale, parsley, etc )and just keep stuffing them in my mouth and chewing so I don't think as much about eating something else. The past two weeks have been hard, lots of stress in my life and it won't be gone for a while and that could be why I haven't been sleeping much and have been craving so much savoury.
The cravings do wane with time, but mine got stirred up by the stress and lack of sleep - my appetite gets huge when I'm very, very tired.
I am looking forward to a time a few months from now when this phase will have passed and am planning a long fast or series of fasts to heal my health problems.
I've been making one or two greek salads (tomato, peppers, cukes, avocado)a day and even add olive oil if I'm craving something "extra".

Lots of ppl gain weight at first on raw - the ones who tend to carry more weight than they'd like - and the ones who lose on raw are the ones who are already thin.

That's what it seems like from reading ppl's posts.

Life is perverse.

Posted by: Funky Rob ()
Date: June 11, 2007 09:29AM

My advice would be to transition slowly. Don't worry if you eat some cooked food to start with. It took me about 6 months to transition to a high raw diet (90-100%) and about 4 years to get to a point where I was completly comfortable eating 99.9% raw with no cravings!

Rob

--
Rob Hull - Funky Raw
My blog: [www.rawrob.com]

Posted by: cynthia ()
Date: June 11, 2007 05:33PM

thanks for sharing
aquadecoco : Yes life is perverse. I thought everyone would lose weight, too bad thin person had to get so skinny!!! It's tough to suffer those savory cravings. My biggest fear though is to look skinny sick, all bones and nothing else on the frame!!

Funky Rob, your advice are very welcome - thank you. I will go slowly with the transition. It's a good idea. However, I noted that whenever I eat a cooked meal, I seem to get very uncomfortable after, that's the main reason I try to speed up the transitionning process a little bit.

Just seems that when we start on this raw journey, we're not able to really do a come back to our old ways without our body doing some protests.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables