Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

raw food on the run
Posted by: seastars ()
Date: June 11, 2007 01:26PM

What do you eat when your on the go? That's are biggest downfall. If we are at garage sales or just simply running errands. We will be going to Fl. next year aside from fruit being the simplist to pack how do you get your lunch and dinner time veggies in . Anyone have some simple and tasty veggie take alongs? Karen

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: raw food on the run
Posted by: fuzzysox ()
Date: June 11, 2007 03:34PM

well you could always stop at a grocery store along the way down and just buy some of their already prepared salads, and buy an avocado and there u hav it, actually when i was driving up 2 ohio from florida i took kombucha its a fermented raw drink, they have one with spirulina and greens in it, ne ways i love that stuff it gave me super high energy

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: June 11, 2007 04:14PM

I just did a Faire all weekend and I did it all raw. I have a medium sized soft sided cooler and two large, flexible ice packs. We also had a large rolling cooler with ice and drinks for myself (water, herbal sun tea, kombucha, etc) and the food and drinks for my husband. I used the rolling cooler to keep one of the ice packs in so I could switch them out on Sunday. I brought:

Cut up melon (in tupperware)
A mango, an apple, an orange
Two bananas
Baby carrots
Zucchini
Cucumber
Raw hummus
Raw green crackers
Raw "power" bars (store bought)
Raw "curry" sticks wrapped in nori (store bought)
Raw almonds

Breakfast was tea, a banana, and a raw "power" bar. Lunch was zucchini, carrots, cucumber and green crackers all dipped in the hummus. Dinner was fruit. Water, tea, and kombucha I drank all day, the almonds I munched on all day. I was never hungry, and my food was always cold.

If you were only going somewhere for a day, you could do it all in one backpack style cooler, since you wouldn't have to change out the ice packs. Depending on how much you drink it may get heavy. You can usually buy water anywhere though smiling smiley

Have fun!

rp

Posted by: seastars ()
Date: June 11, 2007 06:51PM

kombucha is a tea right ? how do you make that?

Posted by: inspirit ()
Date: June 11, 2007 07:23PM

I've got my first batch brewing right now. It's pretty easy, just requires a little patience...

[www.kombuchatea.co.uk]

inspirit - aka coolkarma

Posted by: fuzzysox ()
Date: June 11, 2007 07:25PM

itss kindof like ginger ale, you can find it at health food stores, they sell it like anyther cold beverage

Date: June 11, 2007 09:33PM

This book I'm reading has a chapter called "Traveling in the Raw" here's their list of what to bring along.

Almonds, macadamia nuts, sunflower, sesame and pumpkin seeds,olives (Vegetables & Fuites that travel well): Cabbage, Carrots, bell pepper, avocado, apples, grapefuit and raisins.

or if you have time it is useful to stock up on some dehydrated goodies. Like Seasoned nuts, trail mixes, crackers, veggie chips, & granolas.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables