Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Craving Cooked foods- how to stop?
Posted by: rainbowgrl ()
Date: June 12, 2007 08:54PM

Over the past three days I have craved cooked foods- candy and meat actually.

I have been thinking drinking green juice will help although perhaps this is setting off a detox......I don't know...just want to feel normal again.

Any advice?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Craving Cooked foods- how to stop?
Posted by: life101 ()
Date: June 13, 2007 12:18AM

Candy: eat raw tahini with raw sweetner like agave. I used to use raw honey. This tastes so much like candy but is not too bad except the fat. Raw dates are nice, too.

Meat: eat avocado, nuts, seeds, etc. Spice up the items with cumin, etc. to make it "meat like".

Your sense of normal will be different with raw. This is similar to the sense of "full". It also changes with raw.

For me, I had to fully understand the negative ramifications of cooked meat, candy to let them go. When I saw the harm and bad side effects from eating those things, I stopped. Maybe, you're not yet convinced?

Good luck.
Therese

Posted by: earthangel ()
Date: June 13, 2007 05:39AM

YOu will crave things you have eaten in the past with the detox and raw foods...but if you can hang in there for a few weeks you will be okay..they will come and go but shouldn't be existant after 2 months of 100% raw....so good luck you can do it!! and juice is a big detoxer smiling smiley it helps your body with detox..but to slow down the detox process add in more fats and nuts and blended gourmet raw foods smiling smiley
good luck hun
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Posted by: meinleben ()
Date: June 13, 2007 02:24PM

sweet fruits such as bananas, dates, mangos....are the only things that helped curve my cravings....

fats made me feel horrible....and mixing sweet fruit with fats really is not optimal for digestion....proper food combining is so important....

Posted by: aquadecoco ()
Date: June 14, 2007 05:12AM

rainbowgirl - do you have low iron or some other health problems like adrenal fatigue, cuz I have and had the same cravings as you, (well, for red meat).

I think I craved the candy cuz I was always tired and the meat cuz I had low iron and to 'cancel' out the sweetness of the candy.

Touch wood - I have not had any meat cravings for weeks and am not craving sugar as much as before, though I do have sweet green chai daily. (then if I have anything else that's sweet, like dates, it's too much sugar for me)

Are those foods you've always craved cuz I think this shows an imbalance in the body or malfunctioning of the organs.

For me, lots of greens and nuts, plus eating enough sweet fruits to satisfy me, has helped me get through the past few months. The greens are excellent for making good blood, so if you're iron defecient it should help a lot. Now I don't want as many nuts and have cut down by two-thirds or more.

Btw, I just gave in sometimes to my cravings and gradually they diminished. When I did give in, I was always glad to go back to raw vegan, after one or two or even more days off.

Re: Craving Cooked foods- how to stop?/life101
Posted by: dewey ()
Date: June 14, 2007 06:14PM

you said you had to learn about all the bad stuff about meat and the like. would you share your links with me so i can do some research please? thanks
patty

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: June 14, 2007 10:02PM

i found it wasnt so much the meat i was craving but the herbs and spices and savory tastes and smells of the cooked meat ..

for the longest time i used the same herbs an spices on my raw veggies and htat seemed to kill the meat cravings

now i barely use a bit of garlic powder once in awhile if that smiling smiley

ive never had a sweet tooth so not sure what to do about that except eat sweet fruit would make sense smiling smiley

salt is my addiction not sweet hehe

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: sunshine79 ()
Date: June 16, 2007 03:31PM

For me the dark green leafy things as well as microalgaes such as E3Live have always instantly eradicated my meat cravings. I used to have a tremendously meat-heavy diet yet I found raw to be incredibly easy right from the start, and I think it may be because I was eating so many dark greens.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables