Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

i just want to say
Posted by: dewey ()
Date: June 17, 2007 04:49PM

thank you. thank you all for any and all input you have given thusfar and in the future...cuz you will give lots to me!! LOL. i also want to say that you are all a bunch of really warm, caring, friendly people who are trying to live your lives to the fullest regarding health and spirituality. kudos to you, it is refreshing to "see" in this scary, selfish, crime riddden world which i see daily. i live in vegas where there are lots who only care about money and outward appearances and materialism. i just wanted to say thanks for being here

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: i just want to say
Posted by: Prism ()
Date: June 17, 2007 06:40PM

Hi back to you! Sometimes the world in which we live seems doomed, but then there are those times when I see humans as brilliant and resiliant creatures. I have hope. Even if we die out from some world calamity or by our own ignorance, I'm here today and I think of how do I want to live my life. Have some improvement on my life and others, day by day. They do add up!

Love,
Prism

Posted by: Elakti ()
Date: June 17, 2007 06:59PM

Same here, Dewey. (I like your name.)

Support and care is very important when going raw, regardless of where we live (but, wow, Raw in Vegas! That's a new show, eh?!). I think of these forums has a little town where I can go and be able to talk about my process of becoming a rawfood eater and striving for more healthy changes in my life. I can talk freely here about detoxification and such, without the usual reactions, oppositions, etc. It is nice to have a little comraderie while on this journey!
Glad you're here!

Elakti

Posted by: life101 ()
Date: June 17, 2007 07:24PM

Dewey, I'm glad you're here, too.

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: June 18, 2007 03:54AM

hey dewey

were you the one that went ALL OUT to get the decimal thing jussssst RIGHT so that we could find our books in the library?

heee heee

u live in las vegas?
wowwwwww....

that ALONE is a trip and a half
can't imagine what that would be like to live amidst burning lights and
twirling roaring glittering some thing or other

take care

this forum is like las vegas

its open 24 hours a day

and people are always gambling their health , making risky decisions like

1) should i eat an apple or a tomato? cha chINNGGGGG!!!

2) should i have parsley or kale?

its a scary world out there but SOMEBUDDIES have to navigate it tongue sticking out smiley

keep cool dewey ( cute name .. ha ha)

Date: June 18, 2007 04:35AM

la_veronique Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> u live in las vegas?
> wowwwwww....
no wows about it here...just another city with lotsa pollution,crime, glam,drug addicts,alcoholics,strippers, gamblers that will lose an entire paycheck and then some in 3 hours, 110-120 degree summers and the list goes on. it is a nice place to visit...beautiful at night, the strip is fantastic at night, great concerts and what not.

>
> keep cool dewey ( cute name .. ha ha)
you 2 smiling smiley

Date: June 18, 2007 04:37AM

Prism Wrote:
> I have hope. Even if we die out from
> some world calamity or by our own ignorance, I'm
> here today and I think of how do I want to live my
> life. Have some improvement on my life and others,
> day by day. They do add up!
>
> Love,
> Prism

you're so right

Date: June 18, 2007 04:42AM

Elakti Wrote:
> Same here, Dewey. (I like your name.)
thanks smiling smiley
>
(but, wow, Raw in
> Vegas! That's a new show, eh?!).
i`m thinking there must be many more in a city as populated as this one. there's a natural raw cafe about 20 minutes away from me so if that's thriving it must be well populated smiling smiley seek and ye shall find right? the problem with me is between 2 kids and a husband i don't have much seeking time! LOL

It is nice to have a
> little comraderie while on this journey!
> Glad you're here!

me too, and thanks

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: June 18, 2007 04:57AM

Dewey, I feel the same way about the words written in here.

And I too live in Las Vegas. I am beginning this journey and really enjoying the newsgroup. Good to know I have neighbors who are doing this too. I have a sprouter on order and I am looking for a dehydrator. I want to make some of the stuff they have at Go Raw, especially that sprouted buckwheat bread.

Best to you my friend. Viva the Sunflower market!

Date: June 18, 2007 05:35AM

Evolsdog Wrote:
>
> And I too live in Las Vegas. I am beginning this
> journey and really enjoying the newsgroup. Good
> to know I have neighbors who are doing this too!>
> Best to you my friend. Viva the Sunflower market!
COOL!! what part do you live in? i'm in the southeast kinda by southern highlands. i`ve only been to the sunflower market once...good place?

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: June 18, 2007 08:08AM

maaaaAAAnnnNNN!

looks like all the rawies went to las vegas to hang out

huh smiling smiley

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: June 19, 2007 01:54PM

>COOL!! what part do you live in? i'm in the southeast kinda by southern >highlands. i`ve only been to the sunflower market once...good place?

I am actually very near you. Our neighborhood is right next to Bermuda and Warm Springs across from that elementary school (where my wife teaches). I am really close to the Go Raw restaurant. I think we are pretty fortunate to be in Vegas as this is a very demanding city and you can get what you want here, including all kinds of raw food. I am looking forward to learning more and making some of the stuff I see at the retaurant.

I am 100% raw but I eat handfulls of nuts all day and I think I should cut back. I had a pretty tough detox from coffee and processed foods. Yesterday I got back in the gym after 6 months so I should be feeling better soon.
Have a great day!

Date: June 19, 2007 04:49PM

Evolsdog Wrote:
> I am actually very near you. Our neighborhood is
> right next to Bermuda and Warm Springs across from
> that elementary school (where my wife teaches). I
> am really close to the Go Raw restaurant. I think
> we are pretty fortunate to be in Vegas as this is
> a very demanding city and you can get what you
> want here, including all kinds of raw food.
i know exactly where you are! small world smiling smiley you're right on the fortunate and getting what we want part of vegas. i need to keep reminding myself of that because i'm not much of a city girl and i prefer rural settings. sometimes my mind gets caught up in the bad stuff and i need to stay positive smiling smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables