Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

watermelon seeds
Posted by: morrisson66 ()
Date: June 27, 2007 11:01PM

OK... so I feel like I should know this but... well I've always just spit out my watermelon seeds or removed them for watermelon smoothies. Is it ok to eat the seeds? I'd rather just throw them in the smoothie than spend 5-10 minutes removing them. I get some in there anyway.

Plus I've just started crunching away after I read David Wolfe's Sunfood book.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: watermelon seeds
Posted by: dream earth ()
Date: June 27, 2007 11:18PM

It is very ok to eat the seeds; throw the rind into your smoothie as well for the most nutrition.

Posted by: Melanie ()
Date: June 28, 2007 02:37AM

Watermelon seeds are high in protein. You can eat them. As for the rind, you can juice it if it's difficult for you to eat.

Posted by: morrisson66 ()
Date: June 28, 2007 04:05AM

thanks y'all

Posted by: Frannie ()
Date: June 28, 2007 10:41PM

They're not only good for you, it makes your watermelon smoothie more creamy if you blend in the seeds as well.

Francis

Posted by: khale ()
Date: June 29, 2007 01:27AM

hey kewl!

I learn something new every day from you guys.

The next time I make a watermelon smoothie (which will actually be my first time), I'll be sure to add the seeds.

I always chomped on them as a kid and then began spitting them out as an adult (about the same time that I quit swallowing my gum). It kinda sucks being an adult sometimes doesn't it?

khale

Posted by: TroySantos ()
Date: July 01, 2007 01:04AM

I thought the suggestion was to juice the watermelon rind. You mean, to eat the thing, all of it, not just the juice of it, in a smoothie?! And I have read where people say to make sure it's an organic watermelon if you're going to have the rind. I don't much like the seeds but have been eating some of them. I'm also happy to spit them out on the ground where I eat it. I eat outside a lot. And now there are all these watermelon seeds sprouting all around the place I usually sit and eat. A while back, a lady who lives here came by with her little weeding tool and took them all out. But I didn't wait long before I started spitting more out. And now I've got another melon sprout coming up. I'm looking forward to having it grow. I hope to have some melons growing around here.

I ate some of the watermelon seeds a while back and it was the first time I'd ever noticed them to have a fatty / nutty taste. It was nice. They don't often taste so nutty / fatty.

This way is not compatible with Zen practice. This way IS Zen practice. - Dr. Doug Graham

Nothing whatsoever should be attached to. - Buddha

Posted by: fuzzysox ()
Date: July 03, 2007 12:58AM

watermelon seeds taste so good!! im munching on them right now :] theyre almost better than pumpkin!.. wat does david wolfe say about them?

Posted by: khale ()
Date: July 03, 2007 01:20AM

He considers them to be an aphrodisiac.

Are you feeling horny yet?

khale

Posted by: fuzzysox ()
Date: July 03, 2007 02:14AM

lmao!! no just hyper from the sugar :p

Posted by: rawfrancois ()
Date: July 03, 2007 04:02AM

What is the difference between black and white seeds? I'm assuming that the white seeds (when I see them, they're usually smaller than the black ones) are less nutritious and more hybrid. I usually eat the seeds without thinking.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/03/2007 04:03AM by rawfrancois.

Posted by: TroySantos ()
Date: July 03, 2007 05:49AM

I'm sure the black seeds are viable and the white ones are not. I don't know the word for a seed that hasn't fully matured and maybe never would have even if the fruit had not been picked until later. Immature seed? That doesn't feel right.

This way is not compatible with Zen practice. This way IS Zen practice. - Dr. Doug Graham

Nothing whatsoever should be attached to. - Buddha

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables