Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Afternoon temptations
Posted by: islandgirl ()
Date: June 29, 2007 02:00AM

I am new to raw...about 2-3 weeks. I do really well from breakfast through lunch with fruits. About the middle of the afternoon and on into the evening I am ready to eat the paint off the walls. Any suggestions for making the afternoons and evenings more barable? Part of my problem is that I don't really like a lot of foods and I'm having to change my eating habits. I tolerate salads and don't really like veggies, so fruit works better for me. But I'm getting really hungry the later it goes into the day.

I would appreciate any suggestions. Thanks.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Afternoon temptations
Posted by: aquadecoco ()
Date: June 29, 2007 02:32AM

Try planning and making an afternoon treat for yourself. Look through the recipes - there are lots.

I usually like plain simple food, so can't give you specific suggestions.

Posted by: anaken ()
Date: June 29, 2007 03:56AM

theres a raw version of 'paint off the walls'

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/29/2007 04:00AM by anaken.

Posted by: anaken ()
Date: June 29, 2007 03:59AM

seriously tho, the best approach is not leave your comfort zone too far, likely it won't benefit your health in any way if you do this, whther you are 'staying raw' or not.

no harm in eating a healthy versions of what you were previously eating along with your newly added raw items...just make sure they are properly combined..keep the fruit to breakfast and/or before lunch. then eat a salad with veggies + whatever. keep it real.

Posted by: the enchantress ()
Date: June 29, 2007 05:13AM

Protein!!! From my experience, I would suggest starting the day with a hemp protein smoothie...they really get me off to a good start and help carry me through the day. You hardly notice the hemp (though I like the taste). I experimented for a few days eating just fruit and veggies, little to no added protein (seeds, etc.) because that's all I felt like eating, and by the end of my work day I was totally wiped out, irritable, spacey, dizzy, and starving - ready to not only eat the paint off the walls but punch the wall too! As soon as I got some hemp in me though, I felt like a totally different person! So many raw fooders thrive on just fruit and veggies, but I am just someone who needs more protein than that. Perhaps you're the same way? Also, if you aren't already, try eating some fats, like avocadoes. They're satisfying, not only for the moment but for a longer period of time, so you might not feel so hungry. Also, by doing the protein-rich breakfast, you get a good solid start rather than potentially letting your hunger build throughout the day and feeling like you're starving later on.

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: June 29, 2007 11:17AM

I agree with Anaken and the above posts 100%. There's no magic bullet here! You've got a lifetime to commit to! Ha! ha! Just start with where YOU are VERY comfortable right NOW....then stretch from there by setting VERY small goals with timeframes. You'll get where you want to go.

-Try to stay full on fresh raw foods....and start brainstorming for good solid dinner meals that CAN satisfy YOU.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: islandgirl ()
Date: June 29, 2007 02:04PM

Thanks for the input!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables