Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Do You Use Raw Mesquite Powder..?
Posted by: Bikini ()
Date: July 04, 2007 04:51PM

...Other than dumping in various smoothies, how are you using Mesquite Powder in your raw kitchen..?

I'm very intrigued with the idea of starting to use Mesquite as an ingredient and would love to hear how you are using it, and what flavor it adds or brings out in your raw food.

Thanks!

peace
love
joy
i breathe in
i breathe out
Bikini

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Do You Use Raw Mesquite Powder..?
Posted by: Funky Rob ()
Date: July 05, 2007 05:55PM

I love mesquite! I use it in all sorts of things - chocolate, cakes, smoothies, etc. Sometimes I just eat it by the spoonful. I like to mash up a banana with some ground sesame seeds and add a little mesquite...

Rob

--
Rob Hull - Funky Raw
My blog: [www.rawrob.com]

Posted by: Peisinoe ()
Date: July 05, 2007 05:55PM

What does it taste like?

Posted by: Funky Rob ()
Date: July 05, 2007 06:25PM

It's hard to describe, reasonably sweet, with lots of flavours coming through. Peisinoe, I'll send you a sample next time you order from Funky Raw if you remind me.

Rob

--
Rob Hull - Funky Raw
My blog: [www.rawrob.com]

Date: July 05, 2007 07:00PM

Ooo really? Thanks!!
I was thinking of ordering some raw vanoffe today, but I leave next friday for Canada. THink it would get to me by then, or should I wait until I get back?

Posted by: morrisson66 ()
Date: July 05, 2007 11:08PM

for some reason it always makes me think of BBQ... maybe it's because of the name but it's good

Date: July 10, 2007 10:44AM

The mesquite meal arrived today!! Rob you are such a doll winking smiley

First I tried a spoonful and I immediately recognized the taste from some of shazzies bars. This is the stuff that leaves the aftertaste in my mouth. While I like the taste that comes out in the food, I need to brush my teeth after eating this because I can't stand the aftertaste. sad smiley

However!! I made a frozen banana-spinach-cacao-mesquite smoothie and it was divine!! I got the best organic bananas I have ever tasted, and the additional sweetness of the mesquite took it over the top! Man I get in such a good mood when I have a yummy breakfast.

I would definately consider buying this powder. I am going to try the rest of the samples in other things to see its sweetening qualities.

You are right though, the taste is hard to explain. It is sort of earthy though, isn't it?

xxpeisi

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables