Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: How does one even begin to ask?...
Posted by: khale ()
Date: July 11, 2007 02:34PM

siracusa wrote:

And yes, I also agree with the nuts as a better replacement for starchy carb crave and for feeling fuller. This morning I had cantaloupe. If I had not added some nuts with it, I would have been waiting around to faint by now.

How much cantaloupe? If I have cantaloupe I have the whole cantaloupe. I eat the whole thing. Not at one sitting, but throughout the morning (eating bites throughout the morning/early afternoon is a good way to lose weight too). Or if I don't feel like that much of one thing I'll switch over to another type of fruit about one half to one hour later. It's okay, and even advisable, to eat a lot of raw fruits and vegetables. I know that I was shocked initially by how much raw foodies eat, but not any more. You can eat a LOT of food, but only as much as you want. It's not unusual for me to blend three bananas and something else, such as two big handfuls of raw spinach, for breakfast in the morning.

Your carb cravings could actually amount to nothing more than not eating enough to feel satisfied.

khale

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: pampam ()
Date: July 11, 2007 03:37PM

Reading this has been helpful for me, I have been raw for about 20 days now. I just dove into it after wishing to and reading mostly ann wigmore books for years. I finally just did it and I love the results. My thinking is more clear my skin feels soft My knees are starting to not creak so much and I am loseing weight. One think I think is important is to learn to grow your own sprouts. In my opinion I think the more live foods such as sprouts and wheat grass juice and have the most benefits for our bodys. I Have read and re read some of ann's books and am hoping to get "consious food" By someone named cousions. I feel that I need to understand more and more in this wonderfull eating process. Just yesterday my family had pizza, which is a food I do love and it smelled wonderful, I did not eat this though because I really desire optimal health. I have more energy than when I was 20. I love it. eating raw. About fish, I really don't think I would want to eat a fish raw. I don't need to because I feel fine eating raw fresh and sprouted foods.

Posted by: siracusa ()
Date: July 11, 2007 04:34PM

pampam Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
I don't need to because I
> feel fine eating raw fresh and sprouted foods.

This may sound odd, but can someone explain the meaning of "sprouted"?
Is it something that I can only do myself?

Date: July 11, 2007 04:38PM

On a Rheumatoid Arthritis forum I asked people whether anyone there had considered switching to an overall healthy lifestyle, including raw foods, etc to get rid of the disease as opposed to just accepting the conventional, medical approach "there's nu cure, take medication".

Answers received, cut and pasted:

<<Rheumatoid Arthritis has been around since the beginning of time, before the "processing" of foods>>.

<<I think in a few cases RA is exacerbated by food allerigies or other external
factors, but it could be a thousand different things and while you're trying to
figure it out the disease is wreaking havoc and becoming more entrenched.
Please seek medical therapy.>>

What would be a rawfoodist's answer to this?

Posted by: fresh ()
Date: July 11, 2007 06:54PM

some people like their diseases.
it gives them an identity.
a victim complex.
something to talk about.

i think paul nison said something like this when i saw him

plus the fact that they simply can't conceive of what health is - that being our natural state, instead of something that is hard to come by and unnatural and requires medical treatment. such is the blindness of cultural habits. such is the blindness caused by rampant widespread deterioration of human race.

of course it's curable by diet and other factors in many cases.
there are many raw foodists who have written about this.

don't waste your time worrying about what the sheeple think. no offense to sheep intended.

Posted by: pampam ()
Date: July 11, 2007 08:32PM

Well to explain what a sprouted seed is ...... I just take a wheat seed, for example and soak it in a jar and than after 12 hours of soaking I drain the water and it will eventually sprout a root. When the seed is soaked and sprouted I can eat it and easily digest it. The seed becomes full of more nutrients than when it was just a seed. Check out some sprouting books, most of them will tell you the nutient content of a sprouted seed.
I am a firm believer our bodys have a wonderful ability to heal itself. If geven the right conditions. Not just eating raw foods, but eating foods high in live enzymes. You will find sprouts are high in enzymes.

Posted by: Pistachio ()
Date: July 11, 2007 08:59PM

siracusa wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I asked people whether anyone there had considered switching to
> an overall healthy lifestyle, including raw foods,
> etc to get rid of the disease as opposed to just
> accepting the conventional, medical approach
> "there's nu cure, take medication".
>
> What would be a rawfoodist's answer to this?

I'm sure that you've heard of the terms: prefix, suffix and root associated with words. Guess what, that will come in handy in helping you find an answer to this question for yourself (actually even the folks who gave you the replies in the above quote, but as Fresh said and I could'nt have worded it better "some people like their diseases. it gives them an identity. a victim complex."winking smiley.

Back to you, let's look at the suffix, in this instance, -itis . You've hear it used before with terms such as arthritis, bursitis, cholecystitis, diverticulitis and even zonulitis... You're seeing the point. It's so popular that you could possibly go from A-Z and find a root beginning with each letter of the alphabet.

In a nutshell, -itis refers to inflammation. You seem to be in a researching mode as you're learning about raw foods so I'd encourage you to use a few spare moments to look up how inflammation is played out in the body.

There's also another term called "cause and effect". Basically it means one activity having a direct relation to a specific action which bring about specific results.

Going back to RA and its other '-itis' comrades and keeping in mind the principle of cause and effect, if the factor(s) that caused and/or contributed to the outcome aka effect are either completely eliminated or even at a minimum, decreased, then then the end result will likely be modified. Will it all happen overnight? Not likely, since it did not come on overnight. Could other factors play a role in limiting complete recovery? Yes, but it beyond the scope of your original question and in fact with the overall spirit and mission of this forum. The good news is that the personal experiences of others can provide more than ample information in this regard.

Wishing you vibrant health

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/11/2007 09:04PM by Pistachio.

Posted by: fresh ()
Date: July 11, 2007 10:58PM

Pistachio Wrote:
-
>
> I'm sure that you've heard of the terms: prefix,
> suffix and root associated with words. Guess
> what, that will come in handy in helping you find
> an answer to this question for yourself (actually
> even the folks who gave you the replies in the
> above quote, but as Fresh said and I could'nt have
> worded it better "some people like their diseases.
> it gives them an identity. a victim complex."winking smiley.
>
> Back to you, let's look at the suffix, in this
> instance, -itis . You've hear it used before with
> terms such as arthritis, bursitis, cholecystitis,
> diverticulitis and even zonulitis... You're
> seeing the point. It's so popular that you could
> possibly go from A-Z and find a root beginning
> with each letter of the alphabet.
>
> In a nutshell, -itis refers to inflammation. You
> seem to be in a researching mode as you're
> learning about raw foods so I'd encourage you to
> use a few spare moments to look up how
> inflammation is played out in the body.
>
> There's also another term called "cause and
> effect". Basically it means one activity having
> a direct relation to a specific action which bring
> about specific results.
>
> Going back to RA and its other '-itis' comrades
> and keeping in mind the principle of cause and
> effect, if the factor(s) that caused and/or
> contributed to the outcome aka effect are either
> completely eliminated or even at a minimum,
> decreased, then then the end result will likely be
> modified. Will it all happen overnight? Not
> likely, since it did not come on overnight. Could
> other factors play a role in limiting complete
> recovery? Yes, but it beyond the scope of your
> original question and in fact with the overall
> spirit and mission of this forum. The good news
> is that the personal experiences of others can
> provide more than ample information in this
> regard.

excellent post.

Date: July 12, 2007 01:38PM

Thank you again, everyone. I will check out some books on sprouting.

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables