Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Weight Loss Questions.
Posted by: earthiemama ()
Date: July 12, 2007 02:35PM

Well I've been rawish for about a week now, and I've lost like 10 pounds!! I know at first weight loss will be quick, but I'm curious what others experiences have been as far as:

How much did you lose at first, then what happened and wehn did it st.art to slow down, and when did you hit your firsdt plateau?

thanx!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Weight Loss Questions.
Posted by: islandgirl ()
Date: July 12, 2007 03:22PM

Before going raw, I was on Weight Watchers and had lost 40lbs. in 6 months. My first month going raw I actually gained 4 lbs in 2 weeks and then maintained that weight. But after one week of cutting back on grains, nuts, and fats, and staying about 80% carb / 10% fat / 10% protein, I've lost 6 lbs. After I lose all my extra weight (I've still got another 45 lbs to go), I know I can easily maintain it with a more varied raw diet...cause I do love those nuts & avocadoes! So this experience taught me that no matter how healthy you are eating, you still have to look at the calories and amount of fat (even healthy fat) you are taking in versus how much you are burning. I will continue to monitor my nutritional intake based on my needs and amount of exercise.

Posted by: earthiemama ()
Date: July 12, 2007 03:50PM

Thanx Islandgirl! Do you use fitday at all? I'm finding it very helpful for myself. I have a crazy weight history. I used to weigh 120 ish then I got into a car accident and shattered my pelvis and went up to 175 in 5 mos! I got back down to about 140 then I went on birth control and ate terribly and went up to 180 then I was homeless and went down to 160 in 3 mos from walking everywhere. Then I got pregnat and went uop to 236!!! After I delivered I weighed 206. I lost 10 pounds in the dfirst 6 weeks then stayed at 196 until I got pregnant with my second son. I hwas 221 when I delivered DS2 and 194 3 days after wards! After 6 mos Iwas down 10 pounds, then this past week 10 more. I am now 174.6 smiling smiley My lowest weight in almost 3 years.

Posted by: islandgirl ()
Date: July 13, 2007 02:28AM

Yes, I use fitday and log in everything I eat as well as my exercise. I also find it very helpful. My weight history is a bit like yours. I was an overweight child and then starved myself in high school to get down to 110 lbs(I'm 5'2"winking smiley. In my 20s, I fluctuated from 120-150, but after pregnancy, never got any lower than 145. My 30s were 150-170, my 40s 165-213 was my highest weight. I lost 17 lbs. before WW and then lost 40 lbs in 6 months.

I'm 47 years old now and weighed 154 this morning which I haven't weighed in YEARS!!I have always been an emotional eater, but with WW, I felt like it was a program I could stick with...I felt in control, making good choices, and much healthier ones. But after a physical, my doctor discovered some lumps in my breast that really scared me. A girlfriend told me about the Master Cleanse and as I researched about it, I stumbled onto the info on raw foods. Prior, I didn't even know there was such a thing. So my inital move to raw foods was for health purposes. I started raw June 1...my 47th birthday was the 16th, so it was my birthday gift to myself. But the first month I gained 4 lbs and felt out of control again which scared me because I didn't want to undo all of my hard work....but- I didn't want to give up raw because I really believed I was doing the best thing for my body. So finding 80-10-10 was a blessing for me and I started that July 5th. I can make decisions about what to eat and feel in control. I find that eating all of the fruit is very satisfying and filling, especially since I've always had a bit of a sweet tooth.

Congratulations on your 10 lb loss. That is RAWSOME!!! This is one time it is good to be called a "loser" ! LOL!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables