Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Ezekiel Bread
Posted by: plastic ()
Date: July 12, 2007 06:11PM

At what temperatures is Ezekiel bread baked, and is it considered raw?
On their package it says: " ...And even better still, our exclusive backing process preserves these valuable nutrients and retains the important natural fiber and bran."

If it isn't, does anyone know of a raw bread that you can get in a Whole Foods store?

Re: Ezekiel Bread
Posted by: anaken ()
Date: July 13, 2007 12:25AM

I think mana bread is considered 'raw'. it might be at hole foods in the freezer,

again, see my other post on cereals.

A good way to eat mana bread is as a main course after a salad, maybe just dipped in a bit oil or something.

Posted by: plastic ()
Date: July 13, 2007 12:37AM

Thanks anaken!
So mana bread is considered raw? Anywhere I can confirm that?

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: July 13, 2007 01:42AM

Manna bread is not raw, its just baked at a "low" temperature. If you want a raw essene or ezekial bread, you need to make it yourself (at least as far as I know).

Good luck in your search.

Posted by: RawSun ()
Date: July 13, 2007 11:56PM

I'm pretty sure Bryan is correct.

I believe manna bread is closer to being raw than ezekial, but still is heated beyond a raw temperature.

If you want raw bread you have to make your own, or try making raw crackers.

Also you can use all sorts of fresh veggies for wraps rather than bread... Cabbage, Kale, Vine leaves, Romaine.

Sunflower
Raw Food Chef and Writer
Comfortably Raw
[www.comfortablyraw.com]

Posted by: life101 ()
Date: July 14, 2007 05:17AM

Ezekiel bread is cooked. I have eaten it before. It is sprouted bread but has yeast, etc. I had to stop eating Ezekiel bread when I became more raw since it was no longer muscle-testing strong. Commercially produced Essene bread is usually cooked at a higher temperature than raw allows. If Manna bread is in the freezer, it is no longer raw if it was raw at one point or not.

I agree that it is best to make one's own bread or crackers.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables