Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

recipe book suggestion.
Posted by: logan ()
Date: July 15, 2007 01:57AM

I am confused about food combining.and transition foods.I have been 80% for roughly 7 wks.Also where do grains quinoa,brown rice fall into the equation. This maybe a stretch but,If I were to get one raw recipe book what would it be ?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: recipe book suggestion.
Posted by: life101 ()
Date: July 15, 2007 03:41AM

Hi logan, Basically, you want to eat melons by themselves, raw sweet fruits by themselves. These require different digestive enzymes. You may mix and match veggies with sub-acidic and acidic fruit. Dried fruit can go with dried fruit. Grains are just that. They can be mixed with the veggies, sub-acidic & acidic fruit. Some mix nuts/seeds with the veggies, etc. For oils, the best are raw organic coconut oil or cold-pressed organic olive oil. You can go to fitday.com, sign up for a free account, and enter your food intake to see your nutritient intake. Initially, you may want to supplement. Later on, many don't.

Unfortunately, I don't own a great raw recipe book. (Although, I spent alot on these books, none of the ones I purchased are that great to recommend.) I've had to search the internet for recipes, ask others, or make my own. There are some great free recipes on this site and in the Recipe Thread. If you don't have some of the raw food prep tools, you might want some of those, too. They are nice conveniences to have however, the simplest is the mono-meal of one type of fruit which doesn't require special tools unless you want it shaped in a fancy way. Some of the tools are hi-speed blender, juicer, food processor, dehydrator, water purifier, fancy cutting tools (like a Potato Threader, Saladacco, Mandoline, etc.), etc.

Also, many cleanses, parasite killing methods, detoxing methods/tools, health-promoting measures are used in addition to the raw diet. It may seem overwhelming in the beginning but eventually, you get the idea through research and listening to your body.

Good luck and welcome!

Posted by: dewey ()
Date: July 15, 2007 04:14AM

what about the raw uncookbook? i don`t own it though so i have no idea what it`s like. maybe check it out online or see if a library has it before spending money. there are alot of recipes on goneraw.com. have fun and enjoysmiling smiley
patty

Posted by: Mona ()
Date: July 16, 2007 12:31PM

I use the Complete Book of Raw Food. It has lots of excellent recipes by different chefs. I've been using it for some of the recipes I teach in a raw food preparation class I'm teaching right now. The students I have love it. I also got a lot of recipes on line that I use for the class from the links below.

www.aniphyo.com
feralfoods.org/video.html
[rawfoodsnewsmagazine.com]

Enjoy!
Mona

Courage is the ability to change the familiar.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables