Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: What do people think of Shazzie?
Posted by: arora ()
Date: July 31, 2007 01:01PM

ps: Im not interested in debating about gillian mckieth any further - yawn!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 31, 2007 01:12PM

yeah - I dont think she's worth debating about!!! Lets change direction.... smiling smiley

Posted by: khale ()
Date: July 31, 2007 02:35PM

I often recommend Gillian McKeiths book, "You Are What You Eat" to ignorant (and by ignorant I mean not in the know concerning food and health), SAD eaters who inquire. Her book is an excellent introduction to the relationship between food and health for newbs.

I think sometimes that many of us forget that not all people are foodies or health "nuts" like most of us are. The average person needs educators, gurus, and spokespeople too. I don't recommend raw to everyone I meet. Some people are just not ready on any level whatsoever and it is counterproductive, in my opinion, to even go there. These people still deserve the best information THAT THEY ARE READY TO ACT ON that they can obtain. And, I've seen with my own eyes impressive transformations based on information that to some of us may seem passe'. Every body has to start somewhere.

khale

Posted by: learningtofly ()
Date: July 31, 2007 02:41PM

arora Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> please...raw will NEVER be mainsteam

How do you know that?

Posted by: jadedshade ()
Date: July 31, 2007 03:09PM

lady_muck Wrote:
> yeah - I dont think she's worth debating about!!!
> Lets change direction.... smiling smiley

Ok thats fair, I didn't feel it was really a debate though, I felt it was more friendly than that smiling smiley

Phil.

--------------------------------------------------

"Those who say it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it" (Chinese Proverb)

Posted by: Frannie ()
Date: July 31, 2007 05:15PM

arora Wrote:
> please...raw will NEVER be mainsteam

Maybe not in your reality but in mine our entire planet goes raw smiling smiley

Francis

Posted by: brome ()
Date: July 31, 2007 07:04PM

I googled Maca (Lepidium meyenii or peruvianum) and found out some interesting info. It's one of the many Peppergrasses (Lepidium spp) of the Mustard, Radish, Kale and Cabbage plant family and is very closely related to Poorman's Peppergrass (Lepidium campestre), a common weed. All Peppergrasses have good edible leaves but only Maca has the enlarged root. Maca grows high in the Andes (up to 14,000') and was developed by the Incas thousands of years ago. Western peoples have been ripping off Maca and other ancient Incan crops and putting patents on their supposed "novel" developments. These patents prevent the actual descendants of the Inca that developed the crops to market them!

[www.mindfully.org]

I don't know if Shazzie is guilty of this though. If someone has some Maca from her, read the label closely and let us know if it claims a patent. Thanks.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 07/31/2007 07:17PM by brome.

Posted by: brome ()
Date: July 31, 2007 07:34PM

Here's an excerpt from the above link:

"Maca may be a forgotten crop in the minds of foreign agronomists, but it has never been lost to indigenous peoples of the Andes," said Alejandro Argumedo of the Quechua-Ayamara Association for Sustainable Livelihoods (ANDES) based in Cuzco, Peru. "Andean indigenous communities have been using maca for food and medicinal purposes since before the Conquest," explains Argumedo. "Ironically, now we are in danger of losing maca – not to extinction – but to predatory US patents. When it comes to maca, it’s obvious that indigenous farmers are the true innovators, not chemists in New Jersey," explains Argumedo.

Posted by: aquadecoco ()
Date: July 31, 2007 08:23PM

The corporate world won't be happy till all living creatures are completely alienated from every aspect of natural life - then we have to BUT it all back again.

Someone from the Fraser Institute says that every single thing known to our world should be privately owned, including the atmosphere, all water sources, etc.

That's the sickest thing I have ever heard anyone utter, sicker than any hatred. It shows an unbelievable lack of respect for ALL nature (humans are part of nature) and God, whatever that means to the individual.

That's why I feel so disheartened about the human race. We're probably not any stupider as a race, but now ignorance can be readily disseminated via media. The stock market fuels greed in a way that makes me ashamed of people. Argghhh.

Posted by: morrisson66 ()
Date: July 31, 2007 08:34PM

I know the Fraser Institute in Canada rules! I always loved those dudes conservatism...

*sigh*

Posted by: aquadecoco ()
Date: July 31, 2007 08:41PM

I tried to edit my typo which says BUT instead of BUYYYYYY.

It acted like it worked but the change didn't take place. Sorry, my typing has always been a nightmare.

Posted by: coconutcream ()
Date: August 04, 2007 03:53PM

Successful people are my heroines. Shazzie has done a great job, I love her

Pages: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables