Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

other raw forums eg:rawfoodtalk
Posted by: arora ()
Date: July 27, 2007 01:31AM

I was just wondering what other people experiences are on other raw forums esp allisa cohens forum. Im personally sick of the way she polices her forum and I have had numerous interesting threads deleted for no apparent reason. I dont like the way grown adults are told of like children for having a certain opinion that she doesnt agree with. I thought that was what forums were for???

It seems much more chilled in here. wondered if anybody else had felt this

A

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: other raw forums eg:rawfoodtalk
Date: July 27, 2007 01:35AM

ps: I can understand the regulation to a point, but then it just gets stupid!!

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: July 27, 2007 02:50AM

i got kicked off there in 2001 for saying oprah was a fur wearing hipocrate winking smiley

ive found over the years the information here to be to the point without any punches pulled no fuss no muss no frills

Alisas sight is too fluffy for me .. i do post there now once in awhile but my homes here

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/27/2007 02:51AM by Jgunn.

Date: July 27, 2007 03:21AM

hey Jgunn!! Glad to hear Im not the only one! smiling smiley Omg, she kicked you off 4 that?? See thats what I mean - grrr! lol

And I agree about the fluffiness of it all (barf!) Also its very clichey esp I dont like the way they all suck up to alissa and her police patrol.

This site is way cooler and it just seems more real!!

Arora

Posted by: jadedshade ()
Date: July 27, 2007 05:21AM

The problem wth that site is that it is extremely strict on what you can talk about.

Phil.

--------------------------------------------------

"Those who say it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it" (Chinese Proverb)

Posted by: pampam ()
Date: July 27, 2007 06:16AM

I have looked at that web place and I was not all that impressed. I got some bad vibs and I could not place just what my problem was. There seems to be a great deal of focus on money. For example, the cost of one of her certificate classes, It was a thousand for a three day class. I thought that a bit exessive. There are some nice people on there and lots of great recepies.

Date: July 27, 2007 01:04PM

I got banned for answering questions on Fruitarianism....the way they banned me sucked because they had to make up a lie to do it, I would get my posts deleted almost instantly, they also said that me posting my pics was advertising yet everyone else can post there before and after pics at will!!!

It seems that they don't like anything that will stop them making money.....just my opinion.....

F1

Date: July 27, 2007 01:47PM

hey fruitarian one! I absoloutely agree about the money thing. THey are constantly 'telling people off' (thats how I see it) for anything they interpret as 'self promotion'.

It was getting to the stage in there where I was afraid to post because Id go back a few days/weeks later and it had been deleted. And i thought 'whats the point? Its like they say 'You can have an opinion but only if I agree with it'.

What I found really embaressing was, someone ran a thread on Paris Hilton (which I never got involved in) but alissa deleted it and started a new thread 'chastising' the people who wrote stuff about paris, saying stuff like 'how dare you write you dont like paris - you dont know her personally do you?' And it made me mad becasue its like 'they are adults - this is a forum!!!!!'

She also states things like 'give me a couple hundred bucks a month if you want to advertise here.'

Oh yeah, Peace and love and all that alissa -NOT! Also the mods in there have been really agressive towards people who are ust a little outspoken. It feels like bullying to me.......

RawFoodTalk
Posted by: rawnoggin ()
Date: July 27, 2007 02:39PM

I fell out with a moderator on there who had major double standards- basically, the long time users on there could say whatever they wanted, but soon as I said something she didn't like, she became spiteful in her posts. She deleted MY posts, and left hers in, and the way she worded her posts, it made it appear like I was being chastised for saying something outrageously disrespectful about her, which wasn't true.

I actually felt really upset by it and it completely put me off the forum.

When I reported it to alissa, I got a 'ah well, nevermind' reply. They didn't boot me, but it really left a bad taste in my mouth so I didn't go back there. I wouldn't be surprised if they get a lot of 'newbie' raw folk who turn up and leave within a few months because of the clique-y activity that goes on in there.

This place seems a lot more down to earth smiling smiley

Posted by: rawnoggin ()
Date: July 27, 2007 02:57PM

FruitarianOne-

I think that's pretty mean of them doing that to you. So what even if you were advertising? Isn't part of what makes the raw food movement so great is how everyone supports eachother? I like to see small/independant businesses help eachother out.

Jeeeez! Next they'll stop people sharing raw food stockist info, and start selling Alissa Cohen branded carrots and bananas on the site ;-)

Re: RawFoodTalk
Date: July 27, 2007 03:18PM

hey rawnoggin! Im sorry that happened to you, but thats exactly the sort of behaviour I witnessed and I can understand why it upset you. I also agree about the raw thing being about supporting each other))))))))hugs everyone((((((((((

Arora

Date: July 27, 2007 03:33PM

well for some people ...the concept of protecting their interests by alienating others seems to be the right thing to do ... whatever .. its HER site she can do whatever she wishes with it

F1 maybe her husband felt threatened by you tongue sticking out smiley i mean youre making ALL that money giving FREE fitness advice afterall LOL !!! i hear hes a real mean peice of work lol if you followed any of the alissa is a thief threads that popped up all over the place last year in so many raw food boards LOL tongue sticking out smiley

Date: July 27, 2007 03:37PM

Nah it wasn't mean, it was business savvy at work.....let's get real here, I'm proving that you don't need tools, dehydraters, recipe books, etc to be successful on the raw lifestyle and I have nothing to sell....I was just doing my thing of sharing my progress, answering questions, the whole advertising thing was just an excuse/lie to get me off the boards because people were showing interest!

You got to understand that due to the nature of addiction/emotion attachment to food the raw community is small and very fickle, most people aren't raw for very long, so these guru's have to make their money out of you while they can, it's a pretty competitive environment!

The thing is how can we be supportive without sharing info/pics?

I run my own forum and I'm pretty strict too, I know how hard it can be to keep people focused on a particular direction but you still have to give people some kind of freedom and space to express themselves and support each other!

I don't believe in having followers, I'd rather you empower yourself, otherwise your only going to learn about the person your following and nothing about yourself!

Anyway, it's there loss, you guys are great..... this place has been around for years and has stood the test of time, long may it continue.

F1

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 07/27/2007 03:45PM by The Fruitarian One.

Posted by: jadedshade ()
Date: July 27, 2007 03:55PM

Yeah, I remember going on there once and some poor guy got ripped a new one by "Peppermint Patty" for asking a general question about Fruitarianism. Since that I haven't been on, the way they treat other people is nothing less than shamefull.

F1 i think you saw that too and offered the poor guy some encouragment as did I.

It helps some people and thats great, but it aint for me, I prefer to think for myself rather than let others try to do it for me.

What are the moderators and Cohen afraid off hhmm?

Phil.

--------------------------------------------------

"Those who say it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it" (Chinese Proverb)

Posted by: morrisson66 ()
Date: July 27, 2007 03:58PM

FO...

why do you always say what I think man?

Date: July 27, 2007 04:23PM

morrisson66 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> FO...
>
> why do you always say what I think man?

Coz great minds think a like!!!!

Ha,ha

F1

Date: July 27, 2007 04:24PM

jadedshade Wrote:
> Yeah, I remember going on there once and some poor
> guy got ripped a new one by "Peppermint Patty" for
> asking a general question about Fruitarianism.
> Since that I haven't been on, the way they treat
> other people is nothing less than shamefull.
>
> F1 i think you saw that too and offered the poor
> guy some encouragment as did I.
>
> It helps some people and thats great, but it aint
> for me, I prefer to think for myself rather than
> let others try to do it for me.
>
> What are the moderators and Cohen afraid off hhmm?

Yeah.... I think I remember that....

That was NOT nice the way they treated that guy!

F1

Date: July 27, 2007 04:28PM

We are all supposed to be in this thing together and at least we have this place,some of us maybe at different stages but here we have something for everyone and I think that's where the focus should be, we don't need to give "YOU KNOW WHO" any more attention....

F1

Date: July 27, 2007 04:34PM

Jgunn Wrote:
> well for some people ...the concept of protecting
> their interests by alienating others seems to be
> the right thing to do ... whatever .. its HER site
> she can do whatever she wishes with it
>
> F1 maybe her husband felt threatened by you tongue sticking out smiley i
> mean youre making ALL that money giving FREE
> fitness advice afterall LOL !!! i hear hes a
> real mean peice of work lol if you followed any of
> the alissa is a thief threads that popped up all
> over the place last year in so many raw food
> boards LOL tongue sticking out smiley
Yeah, yeah I'm just rolling in the dough...ha,ha, all these FREE!!! Bootcamps I'm holding too are just cash cows man!!!!

Seriously though, I'm strict about certain things on my forum and as Jgunn said, it's her place and she can do what she wants!!!

We all have a choice to make and we can all vote withour feet and move on....this place is consistantly one of the best/few raw food forums that you can rely on for decent support!!!

F1

Date: July 27, 2007 04:35PM

I still think thats pretty mean whatever the reasons. BUt what grates on me is the deletion of threads that people are clearly involved in and interested in - for no apparent reason. ????

Date: July 27, 2007 04:45PM

thats one of the reasons i like this forum as well ...

Bryan or John will either lock the topic , or move the topic , usually WITH an explanation as to why its innapropriate according to the rules of this board

to me thats fair

if ive said something wrong id like to know about it ..just not have it up an dissapear lol tongue sticking out smiley

yea F1 maybe with all that money yer rolling around in ya can afford some fitness equipment and toss away the tires winking smiley

NOT !!!!!

hahahaha!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/27/2007 04:49PM by Jgunn.

Date: July 27, 2007 04:52PM

Jgunn Wrote:
> thats one of the reasons i like this forum as
> well ...
>
> Bryan or John will either lock the topic , or
> move the topic , usually WITH an explanation as to
> why its innapropriate according to the rules of
> this board
>
> to me thats fair
>
> if ive said something wrong id like to know about
> it ..just not have it up an dissapear lol tongue sticking out smiley
>
> yea F1 maybe with all that money yer rolling
> around in ya can afford some fitness equipment and
> toss away the tires winking smiley
>
> NOT !!!!!
>
> hahahaha!!!

RECYCLING BABY...RECYCLING!!!

ha,ha...

F1

Posted by: pampam ()
Date: July 27, 2007 05:19PM

How unfortunate of a story..... I was not impressed in the training offer she had. What does allisa khoen do besides write books? Does she have schooling as a natural path? If I were to pay a thousand dollers for three days training I would prefer to get it from gabrial cousens who has three doctorates and a lot more learning under his belt. He does not even charge such exorborant prices.

Date: July 27, 2007 06:06PM

And then from what I hear, you got to give her a cut of the money you make as one of her certified raw teachers!

Now that's business...

F1

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/27/2007 06:08PM by The Fruitarian One.

Date: July 27, 2007 06:17PM

totally applaud what you wrote pampam - wise words! smiling smiley Gabriel is way cooler too smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/27/2007 06:21PM by arora.

Date: July 27, 2007 06:19PM

why did they do that jadeshade? because he was a fruitarian soley?? the plot thickens...

They remind me of the bullies I went to school with!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/27/2007 06:25PM by arora.

Date: July 27, 2007 06:30PM

Jgunn Wrote:
> well for some people ...the concept of protecting
> their interests by alienating others seems to be
> the right thing to do ... whatever .. its HER site
> she can do whatever she wishes with it
>
> F1 maybe her husband felt threatened by you tongue sticking out smiley i
> mean youre making ALL that money giving FREE
> fitness advice afterall LOL !!! i hear hes a
> real mean peice of work lol if you followed any of
> the alissa is a thief threads that popped up all
> over the place last year in so many raw food
> boards LOL tongue sticking out smiley

Alissa is a theif?? tell me more.... smiling smiley

Date: July 27, 2007 06:37PM

it was some stupid thing that went on last year about someone not getting their books and cd's or something .. apparently it got spun right out of control .. i have no idea if it was ever resolved smiling smiley

Posted by: LikeItOrNot ()
Date: July 27, 2007 06:44PM

I lasted like a day on that forum. I made one thread and one post in it and didn't like it. Asked a simple question about weight loss and raw and got a bunch of replies "encouraging" me to buy her books. etc.

I've gotten decent replies on the Sunfood.com forum, I just hate it because it's so unorganized. . "Raw Food General Discussion" should be about general raw food..but no it's raw food threads in between way off topic posts such as political issues. I want to read and talk about raw, if I wanted politics.. I should have the choice to go to a separate section.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/27/2007 06:48PM by LikeItOrNot.

Date: July 27, 2007 07:32PM

arora i sent you a Private Message smiling smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables