Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

toxicity
Posted by: dewey ()
Date: July 31, 2007 06:45PM

hi group smiling smiley i`ve been outta touch for a few days. took my kids up to a friends cabin in utah to download from the city a bit. i have a question about toxic bodies. how do i find out how toxic i am or how long my body will take to detox? let me give you an idea of who i am/was. i was raised on a farm in wisconsin. we grew our own fruits and vegees and i ate a typical diet of cooked vegees and meat and chicken. i am not and have never been sick often with the exception of a cold or 2 during the year and i don`t take medications except a bone builder because i have osteopenia. i was an avid drug user as a teen (pot, acid, some cocaine here and there, pills when they were available....anything to party) and i smoked cigarettes from age 15 to 40. i`ve never done tons of fast food but i ate out alot. a long long long time ago i was married to an abusive alcoholic and was under quite alot of mental stress. that has been gone a long time and i think i`ve healed emotionally. i am very intuitive and rely alot on vibes and i consider myself a spiritual personsmiling smiley always trying to live by christs standards smiling smiley so...is there a way to tell how toxic i am and how long detox will be and if there will be any detox? i slipped in utah and ate cooked food every night but besides that i`ve been raw for a month or so and experiencing no painsmiling smiley
patty

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: toxicity
Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: July 31, 2007 08:59PM

Opinion:

-Just my own experiences....but for those who transition to 100% fresh, raw plant food....and a simpler (non-mixed) diet......and avoid all processed items and medications......and engage in light fasting.......then they can expect to eliminate the majority of internal deposits within 6 months. This CAN take longer (like in my case...where I ate like crap for the first 25 years of my life!). Ha! ha!

-Just my experiences.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: pampam ()
Date: July 31, 2007 09:15PM

Why do you concern yourself with toxicity? Go with the flow and flow with the go.

Date: July 31, 2007 09:23PM

pampam Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Why do you concern yourself with toxicity? Go
> with the flow and flow with the go.

pretty much just out of curiosity smiling smiley
patty

Date: July 31, 2007 09:25PM

thanks david smiling smiley you are such an inspiration and i was hoping you`d reply smiling smiley how long did it take you?
patty

Posted by: Prism ()
Date: July 31, 2007 10:38PM

Wow..only around 6 months..that would be worth it right there.

Love,
Prism

Posted by: aquadecoco ()
Date: August 01, 2007 12:39AM

Yeah, Dewey I wonder about that stuff too. It would be great (or terrifying!) to be able to see our organs - mine would be crying for mercy.
From what I've read about the oldtimers - like Paul Bragg and Shelton et al, you can detox most of the junk in the first few months, but your body will continue to heal and detox for as long as you assist it. I think it was Bragg who had been raw for many years, then when he was out canoeing and camping on his own, he eliminated a huge amount of mercury from his bowels - he thinks it was from all the mercury-based medecine he was given as a child.
I know many of use have damaged organs and it probably takes quite a while to heal those. I believe Bryan and others who say fasting and sleeping are the best ways to heal.

Date: August 01, 2007 01:05AM

wow, mercury? and after that many years? it`s amazing how long those toxins can stay in our bodies.
patty

Posted by: aquadecoco ()
Date: August 01, 2007 01:10AM

It was as if his body accumulated it all, then dumped it all at once, about 50 years after ingesting it.

They say there's no way to eliminate asbestos from our bodies, but I wonder if that's true. I can imagine the possibility of the fibres working their way out or being absorbed and eliminated, but it would be hard to get evidence for this. (I have asbestos in my body, so am particularly interested in this idea.)

Date: August 01, 2007 01:13AM

why do you have asbestos in your body?
patty

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: August 01, 2007 12:21PM

My experience/opinion:

-The body CAN eliminate or repair just about anything. But key to this is not TAKING IN more toxins. That would cease the state of detoxing....which must continue...in non-acute form....and be accellerated in peace and control. Thus dextox (the internal breaking up of deosits...and subsequent elimination) can only progress if no cooked foods, medications, complex food combinations, or chemicals are being ingested or placed on your body. This causes the body to divert blood and healing to the elimination of the constant new threats/toxins.

-Distilled/suncharged water.........light/strained juice fasting........joyful living of your dreams........light water fasting of 2-3 days at a stretch........enemas.....colon cleansing......light exercise.....sunbaths.......light abdominal massage.........these are the items that can speed up detox........and facilitate the breakup of internal deposits.

-For my part, I would say I got rid of 80% of my internal stuff in the first 6-12 months. Each year after that....I lost another 5-10%. It took me about 2 years to clean out just about everything. smiling smiley It's all good. With a lifetime of work/play ahead....what's the hurry? I can pace myself! Ha! ha!

-I hope my experiences are a little helpful.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables