Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

to gain or not to gain
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: August 01, 2007 12:57PM

Hi everyone

I am a dancer, and before becoming interested in the raw food lifestyle I was underweight. I sort of delved into the vegan raw food diet consuming mostly fruit and veggies because I did and still do not have all the tools and or knowledge. But I am just in love with the raw vegan food lifestyle. I did not eat much fat, but I think I still had good energy.

I am 17, 5'4 and weigh 94 pounds. My nutritionist told me, I need 3000 calories a day. I was consuming only 1000 calories a day on some nuts, fruits, and veggies (she calculated, after reading what I had consumed for 3 days). She has limited knowledge of the raw food lifestyle, which is bad for me. However, she has allowed me to eat the way I want with her portion sizes for most of the day, but she asked me if I was willing to eat mom's pasta for dinner. I don't want to make my mom upset, but I really do not want to eat pasta (SAD)sad smiley. My mom will freak if I do not eat her pasta, she is so worried about me. For lunch, 4 pieces of bread, so I bought some bread at the local health food store that is made together at low temperatures (Earth Seed with carrots and raisins), it is very good, but it is not sliced and the loaf is small. Is there any raw vegan food other than pasta that I can eat? Any others "breads" on the market? I wish I had my own dehydrator. I could make my own bread. My mom just won't let me get one now. My mom is really hesitant in allowing me to see someone else for a seocnd opinion about how I will get my weight safely back to normal, by staying in the raw. We met a lady, who said she was willing to help. But every time I mention going to see her, my mom gets upset. I am not a rebel, I won't go behind my mom's back, but I know for sure that I can gain the weight back eating 100% raw, I just was not eating enough before. But my mother does not see it, she wants me to follow the diet the nutritionist gave me. She thinks that this raw thing is a crazy obession. I am a little sad, does anyone have any suggestions?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: to gain or not to gain
Posted by: the enchantress ()
Date: August 01, 2007 02:52PM

I recommend visiting tonyakay.com. This woman is a raw vegan POWERHOUSE - she's a dancer and has been eating raw for I think 5 years now. She addresses the weight issue in her forums, and also provides articles, interviews, and links on raw food athletes. You can even get in touch with her personally - she's very helpful and informative. Anyway, check it out.

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables