Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Shazzie? What Do You Think Of You?
Posted by: arilraw ()
Date: August 01, 2007 08:47PM

Hello, all,

I read the post about what others thought of Shazzie; the question that I came away with was what do you think of yourself?

I'd really like to read that.

Thanks,

arilraw -oh, what do I think of myself? Patient, business minded (money does come in handy), seeker, trustworthy, friend, great father, meditative, aware, consistent, funny, adaptive, believer, protector and accepting.

Now I wasn't born like what I'd written in the abover paragraph. I've been fortunate to have spent the last 22 years work towards such a character -yes, I'm a character, too.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Shazzie? What Do You Think Of You?
Posted by: khale ()
Date: August 01, 2007 09:13PM

Brilliant arilraw!

What do I think of Khale: smart, thoughtful, observant, adaptable, youthful, hopeful, organized, bossy, teachy-preachy, tenacious, determined, strong AND...

still very much a work in progress.

khale

Posted by: smilebig ()
Date: August 01, 2007 11:56PM

Something I read once that was really convicting for me is this:

"If we're busy judging someone, we're most likely not loving and praying for them."

This has revolutionized my thoughts toward people.

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: August 02, 2007 03:45AM

i don't know what to think of myself
i'm malleable

Posted by: dewey ()
Date: August 02, 2007 03:52AM

smilebig Wrote:

> "If we're busy judging someone, we're most likely
> not loving and praying for them."

awesome...thanks for sharing!!
patty

Date: August 02, 2007 03:59AM

what do i think of patty? intuitive, smiling, honest, real, sometimes blunt, smart a#@, analyzer, a work in progress smiling smiley

Posted by: rawnoggin ()
Date: August 02, 2007 09:25AM

LOL! A raw ego thread! Yay! smiling smiley

When I was in superb physical shape about 4/5 years ago (the outside only, though!), it was also when I went through the most horrible, jealous phase of my life.

I'd be putting down people who felt like a threat to me (physically with women, mentally with men), because I thought if I bought attention to their flaws, other people would see that and would think I was better somehow.

If a woman had a better body than me, but wasn't as pretty, I would think/refer to her as ugly.
If she was overall more pretty than me, I would think/refer to her as a 'slut' or a airhead.
If a guy was smarter than me, I would think/refer to him as ugly, or ridicule his clothes, or find some other trait to pick at.

All along it was me I was being horrible about sad smiley I wasn't happy with who I was and what kind of person I was. I was jealous because I found nothing to love in myself, so tried to seek approval by being mean.

I'm really ashamed of that time. When I look back at pictures, I see a pretty, slim girl who should have been busy living life, instead of becoming self-obsessed and hateful.

Posted by: arilraw ()
Date: August 02, 2007 11:50AM

Dear Rawnoggin,

In the imortal words of Jeff (surf's-up) Spicoli, "awesome... Totaly awesome!"

What you've written was on the level of a prayer.

I invite all others to share as well.

Thanks,

arilraw

Posted by: islandgirl ()
Date: August 02, 2007 01:20PM

What I think of me? Loving and caring...learning to get rid of fear and find faith...patient, faithful, trustworthy and persevering...

Date: August 02, 2007 01:59PM

arilraw Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Dear Rawnoggin,
>
> In the imortal words of Jeff (surf's-up) Spicoli,
> "awesome... Totaly awesome!"
>

i love that movie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
patty

Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: August 03, 2007 02:11AM

patient, nurturing, tender hearted, friendly and fun

Posted by: sunshine79 ()
Date: August 03, 2007 03:50AM

I've worked really hard to become the person that I want to be. On raw, I feel like being conscientious of others' feelings and being true to myself is just effortless. I feel connected, whereas before I often felt like an outsider.

Date: August 03, 2007 03:52AM

funny, i feel connected more so also. what`s up with dat?
patty

Posted by: perbetty ()
Date: August 03, 2007 05:35AM

Huh...me too.

Betty

Posted by: rawnoggin ()
Date: August 03, 2007 09:38AM

dewey Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> arilraw Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Dear Rawnoggin,
> >
> > In the imortal words of Jeff (surf's-up)
> Spicoli,
> > "awesome... Totaly awesome!"
> >
>
> i love that movie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
> patty

I had to wikipedia 'Jeff Spicoli'. A 1982 film as well! I was born in the 80s, but had never heard of it.

< out of touch a bit, I think smiling smiley

Thanks for the comment, arilraw! Feels good to get some of the old stuff off my shoulders smiling smiley

Posted by: Starglider ()
Date: August 03, 2007 01:39PM

What a cool post - I was just writing on another post about feeling more connected to other people now that I'm raw.

Rawnoggin, I could really relate to your post. I used to have the type of defenses you describe. Being raw, I feel like my heart is opening and I am more in the moment and appreciative of everyone and everything.

Today I am hardworking, persistent, hopeful, reflective, intuitive, playful, affectionate, child-like, silly, resourceful, reliable, conscientious, and good at synthesizing ideas.

I love being RAW!

Posted by: islandgirl ()
Date: August 03, 2007 04:05PM

Just a thought...I read that when you are eating whole foods, your body knows exactly what it is, recognizes it, and easily digests it. But when you eat cooked / processed foods, it doesn't recognize it and literally attacks it as though it were a virus or some foreign object. This sends all your bodily functions into attack mode and eventual overload. Maybe that is why we feel at peace with more energy eating raw. Our systems are just easily going with the flow and that obviously would naturally create a more peaceful state of being. It really does make sense.

Posted by: brokenbrooke ()
Date: August 03, 2007 05:48PM

i am a lover, student of life, environmentalist, adventurer, animal lover, daughter, ex-waitress, college graduate, wanderer,unemployedsmiling smiley(: question asker, and many other things but i am a human on this planet who is like no other!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: coconutcream ()
Date: August 04, 2007 03:52PM

I love myself

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables