Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

tips on work and raw
Posted by: dewey ()
Date: August 02, 2007 05:29PM

i have to go back to work in about 3 weeks sad smiley this will be a challenge as far as raw goes...what have y`all worked out to make it easy and convenient? what types of food do you take? i a;ways pack my lunch because it`s cheaper that way and i do have a trader joes health food market down the road from work but my lunch break is only 30 minutes so by the time i drive there and back it`s over.
thanks
patty

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: tips on work and raw
Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: August 02, 2007 05:41PM

make smoothies or juices , put them in sealable mason jars or sealable cups
take whole fruits and veggies ...and a knife
precut fruit and veggies and keep in tupperware
premake salad mix , keep in tupperware , take dressing if you use it
baggies of nuts

really its no different then packing any other lunch is it? smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: frances ()
Date: August 02, 2007 06:36PM

I keep a non-refrigerated salad dressing in a drawer at work (apple cider vinegar, olive oil, spices). I bring salads, fresh fruit, and leftovers from dishes I've made for dinner.

One of my favorite simple workday salads is one I got from "Raw Food Gourmet" by Gabrielle Chavez. 4 cups grated carrot, 1 cup dried cranberries, 1 cup lemon juice, 1 cup orange juice. It's surprisingly flavorful. I make matchsticks of the carrots in my mandolin and bring a serving as a snack.

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: August 02, 2007 08:19PM

My experience:

-Eating raw made it easy for me to get healthy AND work my butt off at work! ha! ha! I would eat an all-raw breakfast (usually canteloupe and organge juice).....and then grab a pre-made spinach/veggie salad at my grocery store....along with an assortment of fresh fruit the night before. Then I would throw the bunch in a bag...along with some flavored seltzer water and some balsamic vinegar......and some raw nuts to top my salad with......MAN did I have some awesome lunches and snacks! ha! ha! Of course....these days I don't eat a lot of that stuff.....but it definitely made for a great transition for me! LOL. I could eat all day from the sack in my bottom drawer! Guilt free!

-David Z. Mason
www.rawfoodfarm.com

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: khale ()
Date: August 02, 2007 10:59PM

I bring chunks of melon
whole small fruits (apples, oranges, cucumbers)
nuts
water

and usually leave the house with a smoothie in progress

I usually finish the workday by 3:00 P.M. so, I come home for "lunch" or grab a salad out somewhere.

As Jody pointed out, its really not that different from packing lunch before raw. You'll see.

khale

Posted by: perbetty ()
Date: August 02, 2007 11:51PM

When I was transitioning, I would take a big tupperware of whole and cut up vegetables--whatever was in season. This was great when I just needed to munch on something that wasn't as sweet or as sticky as fruit. (Being a teacher, I needed clean, simple things to snack on so I could be done quickly.) Slices of jicima, sweet peas, carrots, celery, stuff like that. I was surprised at how I didn't need to be impressed with the food when I was busy at work--just as long as I could chew on something. And I was surprised at how good they tasted plain when I wasn't at home, too.

In adition to the veggie tub, I brought a smoothie every day (if I hadn't had time to drink one before leaving the house), a few pieces of fruit and a lunch.

A favorite lunch item was wraps. At the time, I used cabbage, but Ani of Ani's Raw Kitchen has a You Tube video on making dolmas with collard greens. They look great. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWvu0rKyWY4) While I haven't tried them, everything else I've tried of hers has been fabulous.

Three weeks away, huh? Gee, I wonder what you do! ;-)

Betty

"Don't believe everything you think."

--Bumper Sticker

Posted by: Pistachio ()
Date: August 03, 2007 12:30AM

For beverages, when I don't have time or am not up to making smoothies, I put some frozen strawberries in a glass jar, add water and a sweetener such as agave or honey (optional flavoring such as clove or cinnamon, etc).

Throughout the day as the frozen berries melt, it gives the water a nice, light refreshing flavor (kind of a kool-aid look) and when you're done drinking it, you still have the berries to munch on. I've tried it with fresh strawberries and for some reason it didn't quite have the same effect.

Wishing you vibrant health

Posted by: dewey ()
Date: August 03, 2007 03:53AM

you guys rock!! thanks for all the awesome tips smiling smiley
patty

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables