Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Starting on Raw....again
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: August 05, 2007 01:09AM

Hello out there,

I was hoping someone could give me some tips, pointers, encouragement, etc... on going raw...again. I've tried 2 times already; the longest was for 3 months and once again crashed and began craving cooked food. Any suggestions on being able to maintain this lifestyle and the best way to get started would be great.

Thanks
Tonya

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Starting on Raw....again
Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: August 05, 2007 03:20AM

Sure Tonya. You can try finding what works for YOU. Try setting some smaller goals (with timetables). If you can't meet those goals.....set smaller ones. Keep doing this until you have psychic traction....and your desires are matching up with actions which you are DOING and motivated to do on a daily basis. Just some suggestions that have worked for me.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: esisser ()
Date: August 05, 2007 03:48AM

3 months? Thats AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats :-) Now u know that 3 months IS possible. And if 3 months is possible, then why not more?

I guess this is for YOU to examine. Why do we eat eat certain foods after all? Is it just biological needs? Of course not. I've found what helped me was understanding what emotions, thoughts, habits, stressors, were related to my food choices. You will hear many people on this forum say that we can eat raw for a long time, but until we work through the underlying issues, we will have a tendency to fall back on our crutches...

So maybe working on all fronts is "best." Meaning, we can work through all of our spiritual, physical, emotional, mental blockages together and in turn one will help the other... as opposed to "just" changing our diet...

You have only caught a taste (pun intended) of the vast beauty that is you in the times you have gone raw. Taste some more!

"Real religion is the discovery of your authentic nature... it is your own discovery... only when you will be your own discovery will you be able to consider yourself a religious being... a religious soul..."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/05/2007 03:48AM by esisser.

Posted by: dewey ()
Date: August 05, 2007 04:16AM

esisser Wrote:

> So maybe working on all fronts is "best." Meaning,
> we can work through all of our spiritual,
> physical, emotional, mental blockages together and
> in turn one will help the other... as opposed to
> "just" changing our diet...

i don`t see how one can embrace this way of life and not examine spiritual selves and dig deeper within your psyche. it just seems to flow together.
patty

Posted by: smilebig ()
Date: August 05, 2007 04:39AM

Though these ideas may not be very popular, it's what works for me:

1) If you are wanting to embrace a raw and living foods lifestyle for life, commit to it 100% and don't look back. I've found that when I waffle in whether I want to be raw or not, this leaves open a door to eat cooked, and I usually take it.

When my commitment is 100% and I know that this is what I want for the entirety of my life, cooked food cease to be an option.

2) If a raw and living foods lifestly is really what you want, avoid situations where you know you'll end up eating cooked. Do this until you and your body are firmly grounded in and committed to eating raw. Where I'm currently at in my raw foods journey, I've found that social gatherings where cooked food will be playing a big role are too tempting for me to resist the cooked. For the time being I have to avoid these types of social situations.

3) If you don't have a support system, stay actively connected to this forum.

- smile

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables