Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Bee colony collapse disorder
Posted by: rosemary ()
Date: August 06, 2007 03:32PM

This is worrying. Could seriously impact on our produce as well as the poor bees!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Bee colony collapse disorder
Posted by: Meleakua ()
Date: August 06, 2007 03:57PM

Do you have a link to a page with more info?

Posted by: pampam ()
Date: August 06, 2007 09:29PM

It is a very serious thing happening with the bee's The scientists don't know why the bee's are dieing so quickly. One hour you have bee's the next they are gone. Of all things happening with our environment this, to me is most frightening.

Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: August 06, 2007 11:57PM

Sounds frightening!! Where is it happening? I am going to search.

Date: August 06, 2007 11:59PM

Posted by: Oceanna ()
Date: August 07, 2007 12:13AM

I've been watching this for a while, as there have been several news stories. So sad and scary.

To learn more, just google "bees" and click on "news."

Posted by: life101 ()
Date: August 07, 2007 03:15AM

I heard that the Chemtrails are killing off the bees. This is likely to enforce the Population Control Act to kill off the food supply which in turn kills off the people. So diabolical.

Posted by: imfree ()
Date: August 07, 2007 04:40AM

Um, I think I know where the bees are.

They seem to be in my yard.

I had tons of them this year. Perhaps if we all got busy planting things they will come back. They especially seem to like lavendar, honeysuckle, and daisies.

Of course, these were mostly bumblebees, and I commune with them. Really I do (my son thinks I'm nuts when I talk about this). When I am out and pruning and watering, they will turn and look at me, size me up a bit, then go back to their work without attacking me. I get such a kick out of them. They have never stung me and I have hundreds of them all season. I swear I think they know that I'm helping them by tending the garden.

Okay, maybe my son is right.

But, if we lose the bees, we are indeed in trouble.

Posted by: suncloud ()
Date: August 07, 2007 05:39AM

Maybe imfree is right.

Maybe if the bees have lots of stuff to gather pollen from besides those huge orchards of pesticide laden fruit trees, their populations could recover.

I heard on the news that even conservative estimates say we could all only survive a few years on the planet without bees.

Maybe we could start an organic honeysuckle movement! Seriously! Or whatever else the bees happen to really like.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/07/2007 05:41AM by suncloud.

Date: August 07, 2007 02:51PM

Bees have done the same thing to me. One time we went to this state park on the beach. My daughter took me up to the top level of a multi level deck. There were dozens of bees. They surrounded us and we couldn't move. I swear some were looking me in the eye. They were hovering a foot from my face. It was wierd. They finally let us go without one sting. It was a wild experience.

Posted by: dewey ()
Date: August 07, 2007 03:00PM

maybe it`s because they can smell fear and you don`t fear so they don`t worry smiling smiley
patty

Posted by: brome ()
Date: August 07, 2007 03:26PM

MADRID - A parasite common in Asian bees has spread to Europe and the Americas and is behind the mass disappearance of honeybees in many countries, says a Spanish scientist who has been studying the phenomenon for years.

The culprit is a microscopic parasite called nosema ceranae said Mariano Higes, who leads a team of researchers at a government-funded apiculture centre in Guadalajara, the province east of Madrid that is the heartland of Spain's honey industry.

[www.planetark.com]

Date: August 07, 2007 09:28PM

<<<maybe it`s because they can smell fear and you don`t fear so they don`t worry smiling smiley
patty<<<<

In my case I was pretty scared, LOL. I wondered if it was aggression that didn't sense from us. We didn't "freak" or swat or anything.

Posted by: dewey ()
Date: August 07, 2007 10:34PM

pakd4fun Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> <<<maybe it`s because they can smell fear and you
> don`t fear so they don`t worry smiling smiley
> patty<<<<
>
> In my case I was pretty scared, LOL. I wondered
> if it was aggression that didn't sense from us.
> We didn't "freak" or swat or anything.

well that just shot my theory! LOL just kidding...the aggression thing is probably why
patty

Posted by: Lightform ()
Date: August 07, 2007 11:54PM

In my experience bees are not aggressive at all ! The fact that they are equiped with a stings does not make them hostile.
If they feel directly threatened such as knocking their home around then they will act in defence, but other than that you have to nearly kill them to make them sting.
I used to catch bees in my hands as a kid and the only time I would get stung was when I accidentaly squeezed them between my hands insted of cupping them inside.

Posted by: aquadecoco ()
Date: August 08, 2007 12:47AM

Lightform that's cool.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables