Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Spreading the word
Posted by: imfree ()
Date: August 08, 2007 04:03AM

When I went raw about 4 weeks ago, my son was more of less neutral about the idea.

He is a manager of about 30 personal trainers at a large gym in a major city. He trains the trainers and considers himself pretty knowledgeable in nutrition (that would be SAD nutrition though), and does nutrition training as well. He also has his own clientele at the gym. He used to do this in the military for his team.

Well, he is pretty impressed with me at this point. The weight loss, the energy, the going away of little medical problems, and also that I had to go off my blood pressure medication. (I was 240/120 when I went on these about 5 years ago, but I had to go off them because my blood pressure went WAY down - don't worry, I am monitoring myself carefully, one of the hats I wear is an RN so I'm not going to be stupid about this)

So, guess what? He told me that his clients and those clients of his 30+ personal trainers are not having much luck with weight loss. He asked me to send him a sample of my diet so he can share it with these people!!!!

I see this as an opportunity to spread the word. I can simply just send him my diet, which I'm a total newbie with, or I can send him that plus some really good information that is online, with links, so that he can get a good education on this. And, he's the type that will research things like this.

So, I'm asking if any of you that are so inclined have particular sites that you think he would benefit from taking a look at, by all means send them to me and I shall pass them along to him. Or any other information you think pertinent.

Is this cool or what?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Spreading the word
Posted by: Lightform ()
Date: August 08, 2007 04:36AM

Very cool grinning smiley

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: August 08, 2007 04:49AM

well this one for sure .. right here ! smiling smiley

and ..
[www.living-foods.com] (tons of info)
and...
[www.foodnsport.com] (food an sport !)
and...
[www.rawfoodexplained.com] (raw food explained this is alot of reading but wowza !)
and...
[www.rawfoodfarm.com] (contains probably the most complete list of raw foods ive ever seen in my life)
and...
[www.goneraw.com] (TONS of recepies)
and...
[www.fruitarianfitness.com] (one of the fittest fruitarians i know!)
and...

well hrmmm i have literrally hundreds of others but my bookmarks are a mess lol but those are some good 6 to start with ! smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/08/2007 04:56AM by Jgunn.

Posted by: imfree ()
Date: August 13, 2007 05:18AM

Thanks Jgunn, what a wealth of information, I shall use it.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables