Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Current Page: 8 of 13
Re: Another 7 Weeks Raw
Posted by: suncloud ()
Date: August 22, 2007 10:22PM

Khale, how is your back doing today? Any better? Hope so.

Hi rawdancer,

Hope you wake up feeling refreshed and wonderful, and a little bit stronger.

Please try not to let all this get you down. You've been making progress! Maybe today was just a very low point, and there's nowhere to go from here but UP!

What was in that raw cake anyway? Sounds pretty good! Sounds like your coworker cares about you a lot. That's nice.

I like Ashcat's idea of trying a little bit of one of the nut butters to see how that goes. Almond butter and raw tahini are the ones I like the best. They're both so good with bananas or celery. Or lots of other fruits and veggies too. Maybe just a dab of it at first.

Or more of the humous that you had before. Did that make you feel OK?

Hi birch, I soak my sesame seeds overnight. Any longer and they don't taste very good. I always get the organic unhulled (brown) sesame seeds.

Pakdforfun, I just eat the hibiscus by itself. I have big pink ones with lots of petals, like a petticoat. I eat a few petals at time, and then I eat the middle part, which is sweet. The petals have a wonderful soft texture.

Hope everybody has a nice day!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: caseyberaw ()
Date: August 23, 2007 03:49AM

Hello all!

Birch-Actually, I soaked my oat groats for about 10 hours and then only ate about half so I left the remainder in a tiny bit of water for 2 more days and still found them to be a nice consistency-not too soft and not too crunchy!

Rawdancer- I am so sorry to hear you are feeling down. I too have battled in the past with serious depression. Keep in mind all of the support that you have here and how many of us are cheering you on. You are not alone no matter how much it may feel like it and the progress you are making astonishes me everyday. You are an inspiration and should feel PRIDE!

Yesterday's menusad smileyget ready everyone-I went out again!)
As I said before i don't really have set meals so I'll list all the "snacking" I did throughout the day.

AM: few sips of fresh OJ and about a 1/4 c. cashews with raisins
1 nectarine (so delicious)
1 peach
Chocolate craving kicked in from starting my period!!! 1 c. organic (but NOT
RAW!)hot chocolate-I must admit it was reeeaaaallly satisfying
PM: finally made raw spaghetti! I've been wanting to try this for years. It was
amazing
Raw LIfe Bar
Went with friends to a record release party and had 3 beers! Oh no!
LATE NIGHT SNACK: oat groats with pineapple, coconut oil, raisins

Today-Wednesday August 22

AM: Cashews and raisins
1 peach
1/2 c. almond milk (not raw-store bought at trader Joe's!)
PM: Salad of romaine, bell peppers, olives, tomato, cucumber, oil and vinegar
1 carrot
1 small apple
(dinner) The best salad ever! arugula, basil, sugar plum tomatoes, purple onion, zucchini, cucumber and sunflower seeds dressed in lemon juice, 1 tbsp. flax oil and balsalmic vinegar

And I still have a sweet tooth! Another day of lots of eating...but tomorrow I'm going to get to the gym!

Posted by: applebaby ()
Date: August 23, 2007 05:35AM

this morning i had the best pineapple smoothie ever! juice of 3 big juicy oranges, 1/3 pineapple, 2 bananas, hemp seeds, maca, spirulina. so good!

for lunch i had a vegetable soup again. (1 cuke, 1 carrot, 1/2 onion, 1/4 red pepper, 2 stalks celery, fresh herbs, garlic, lemon juice, water, salt.)

dinner was weird because i didn't even get that hungry! which i am very happy about. anyways, i had a peach, some coconut peices, a banana, a kiwi.

i felt and looked really great today.
cheers!

Date: August 23, 2007 07:18AM

Well, today I had

AM: bananas, oranges, 2 cucumbers, dried mango slices, 1/3 cup soaked jungle peanuts (measured unsoaked)

PM: bananas, oranges, lychees, another cucumber, 5 brazil nuts, 1/4 cup soaked sesame seeds (measured unsoaked), more mango slices

Exercise: 1 hour yoga, ran 4 miles, walked 1 mile, 50 minutes weights/aerobics

Be seeing everyone tomorrow!

Posted by: Ashcat ()
Date: August 23, 2007 09:44AM

Hey everyone-

Today I had...

AM: Smoothie: banana, mango, raspberry, spinach, coco oil, vitagreen, honey

LUNCH: 1/2 avocado mixed with leftover raw corn salad

DINNER: 1 sprouted rice dolma, watermelon

SNACK: glass mixed veggie juice

See ya tomorrow!

Posted by: islandgirl ()
Date: August 23, 2007 01:06PM

Great day yesterday...stayed 100% raw, although I was tempted a few times. The flax seed crackers and onion bread I made came out really good. The bread makes a great "sandwhich".

Here's what I ate:

Breakfast: Green smoothie (1 c kale, 1 c spinach, 2 bananas, 1 TB energy greens)
Snack: raw bar
Lunch: 3 nectarines, 1 brazil nut, 2 flax seed crackers, 1/2 avocado
snack: 1 fugi apple
Dinner: 1 banana, 1/2 pineapple smoothie

Didn't walk...had to take a test early in the am.
Weight down .4 oz ( I am still up 2.4 from my cooked binge last week)

Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: August 23, 2007 02:39PM

Hey everybody!

I experienced a couple things yesterday after eating cooked the day before. I used to experience them everyday and had almost forgotten about them. I kept gagging in the morning. I experienced this for years prior to raw. I almost always gagged on my toothbrush. I hadn't felt like this since I could remember. Also as I was standing in the kitchen I got an ache in my legs that moved up yo my lower back. It's funny because I experienced this everyday for years. It was a huge irritation to me and I had forgotten all about it. If I took a guess I would say the tofu caused the gagging and the crackers caused the leg problem. My daughter said it was all that flour mixing with water and turning into glue in my body. Hey, she could be right.

yesterday I ate:

-tea*
-acv, water and honey drink
-very ripe mango (on sale 4 for a $1)
-trail mix (homemade, lots of nuts, seeds and raisins)
-several handfuls of cashews throughout the day
-vegetable soup (tomatoes [fresh and sundried] carrots, zucchini, purple onion and italian seasoning)
-raw tabouli ( my daughter was craving this and I just had to have some. Thanks for the great recipe khale)

I had a huge appetite which is usually the case after eating cooked.

Be raw. Be strong.

Posted by: Lorretta ()
Date: August 23, 2007 02:54PM

Hi All

Have been sick / detoxing or whatever since Saturday
No energy, headaches, nausea etc.
just had to go to bed and rest.
Eaten very little, drank lots of water.
had a quick look at the posts. keep up the good work!
very positive thread.
back to bed now.
Hugs to you all x

Posted by: rawdanceruk ()
Date: August 23, 2007 10:05PM

Hi all,

Just checking in.

Not eaten anything much today, had a small salad with raw olives.

And a lot of wine. Only thing to numb me down, know thats not a healthy attitude, but its the only time in 4 days I havent had the dark suicidal thoughts. Hopefully wake up tommorow feeling a bit better, anything will be better than this.

Thank you for all the kind words and support

Posted by: pattycake ()
Date: August 24, 2007 12:49AM

I ate oj and a peach for breakfast,
raisin bran muffin for lunch,
tomato, green pepper, onion, green beans and veggie burger for dinner,
apple and tea later.
I usually walk a mile, but I worked two jobs and shopped for groceries.

Date: August 24, 2007 08:29AM

Hi all,

Nice to see everyone's hangin in there so well!

Khale, hope everything's OK with you.

Rawdancer, careful with that wine. On page 7 Khale mentioned something about how drinking can cause the body to draw on mineral stores to keep the body alkaline.

In your case, I don't think you have a whole lot extra to spare.

There's troubles enough in life - everybody's life. Drinking (or drugs) just makes life a whole lot harder. Sometimes, when you're sad, you just have to tough it out!

Anyways, hope you feel much better tomorrow. Be an arrow, and aim for the sun!

Today I had the usual, and I sure wish it included an avocado. I have 10 avocados as hard as rocks for several days now. Yesterday I put them in a paper bag with a ripe banana. Hope that helps.

AM: bananas, oranges, 1/3 cup soaked jungle peanuts (measured unsoaked), a few slices dried mango.

PM: grapes, bananas, 2 brazil nuts, a cucumber with lemon juice, 1/2 cup soaked sesame seeds, more slices dried mango

Exercise: 1 hour yoga, 50 minutes weights/aerobics

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/24/2007 08:31AM by suncloud.

Posted by: khale ()
Date: August 24, 2007 01:45PM

good morning everyone

sorry that I did not make it to the puter yesterday.

It's been a challenging week. I've been back at my normal activities but with a steady drone of discomfort accompanying me the whole way. I am more and more sure that my discomfort is not of the back but merely coming through it and I am likely going to have to do some more investigating by way of tests, which I'll admit to dreading. I bought loads of juicing vegetables and fruits yesterday and have what I need to begin castor oil packs over the weekend, and so if by Monday I do not see significant improvement I will need to take another route. I've been experiencing gas and bloating, which is not usual for me and so I believe is symptomatic. I may be having some gall bladder issues as the locus of discomfort and the bloating etc. often accompanies gallstones and etc. But I'm just guessing at this point.

rawdanceruk: alcohol is a depressant and so is counterintuitive in the management of depression. it will only make it worse. trust me, I know firsthand. I've been feeling a mite down in the dumps myself. Sometimes energy turns inward and we don't have a lot available for our normal cheerful selves. We often call this depression, but what it really is is a type of rest. Our energies are garnered for the healing of deep wounds; even those of the soul, and if we can accept that we are not as productive outwardly as we or the world may like for awhile, we can better cooperate with the body in its efforts to be very productive inwardly.

Alcohol, in and of itself, will not cause leaching of minerals from the body. What causes leaching of minerals is an over-acid system, and alcohol and cooked food and other factors can make the body over-acid. Because overacidity of the body is life-threatening, the body will leach alkaline minerals from the bones and teeth (primarily calcium and magnesium) in order to preserve a life-sustaining pH. Alcohol is highly acidic and drunk to excess, especially in the absence of sufficient food, is terrible for the alimentary canal, liver, and pancreas. I'd avoid it (and actually do avoid it). I've never seen the stuff do anyone any good.

I don't even remember what I ate yesterday. hmmm. a peach and a plum in the morning...then later two bananas. for lunch i had the salad bar at Jasons' Deli (actually had this around 4:00 in the afternoon). Last night I did not get hungry until late (I endeavor not to eat past 7:00 p.m.) and so at 8:30 I had half of an avocado with diced tomatos and zucchini "chips".

I plan to juice fast the weekend.

Loretta: keep taking good care of yourself. it appears that your energies are being drawn in deep too. not to worry. this is a good thing.

pakd4fun: you seem to be learning a lot these days. one can't get this kind of knowledge from books. thanks for sharing it with us.

suncloud: thanks for being the stablilizing force that you are. i appreciate you very much.

islandgirl: you are really doing great. this is the key: don't give up. So long as you keep pushing forward you are already a success.

happy friday! talk soon,

khale

Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: August 24, 2007 05:01PM

Good day all!!!

Hope you feel better lorretta and I hope you discover what can help you too Khale.

Rawdancer, I hope you decide to face your demons so you can put them behind you. Sabotage is a hard habit to break. Don't be afraid to let your light shine.

Khale and Suncloud -I embrace the loving mentoring you two give. Thanks.

Great job Island girl and Pattycake!

Yesterday I ate:

-tea*
-Acv, honey and water drink
-bananas, almond butter and honey
-peach
-trail mix
-raisin cinnamon ezekial bread* with almond butter and honey
-organic black bean bisque*

Woke up with a lot of mucus and had a frustrating dream >:0.

Posted by: caseyberaw ()
Date: August 24, 2007 05:13PM

Hey everyone!

Yesterday I ate:
AM: tea, small apple, a few cashews mixed with raisins
Lunch out with the boss at a Thai Fusion place: steamed tofu salad with fresh spinach and almonds-rice vinegar dressing

snack:frozen banana (about half of 1) with carob chips (damn period gives me such a sweet tooth!), a few more cashews

PM: I finally made Ani Phyo's Mediterranean Dolmas (thank you my dear Pakd4fun!)-tweaked the recipe a tiny bit (basil instead of dill)and they were absolutley amazing-possibly my favorite thing so far.

Last night I went to my local health food store and bought a bunch of bottles of G.T's Kombucha. Having one for breakfast as we speak. Does anyone else drink these?

Have a beautiful day! And happy Friday!

Date: August 24, 2007 06:18PM

Thank you all for the replies. I know drinking dosent solve anything, but there we go!

Today just kept my head down and tried to focus on work rather than any suicidal thoughts, been trying to keep them out of my mind.

Worked 10 hours. Had a smoothie- Mango, Orange and Pinapple.

Just now going to eat half a hass avacado.

Its hard work trying to keep myself from not just going and sleeping for the entire weekend, but trying to keep upbeat.

Thanks again

Date: August 24, 2007 06:33PM

Hey everybody,

Yesterday was a tough one...the specter of socializing reared its ugly head again. My roommate just got out of a crappy relationship, and was bound and determined for us to go out. I only had one drink all night, despite there being free booze at the first place we went, but it was enough to make the post-bar Burger King drive-thru run a wee bit torturous. The BK Veggie w/ onion rings used to be my jam! I just had to keep repeating the mantra, "I won't feel good, I won't be happy. That stuff is awful...even though it smells like maybe the best thing EVER. But I won't feel good..."

AM: Smoothie: banana, peach, spinach, cashew butter, vitagreen, honey, water, ice

LUNCH: 1/2 avocado, broccoli sprouts with raw tahini, raspberries, watermelon

DINNER: salad w/ spinch, kale, cherry tomatos, peppers, flax oil, lemon, salt.

LATE LATE SNACK: More sprouts w/ tahini. Lots of trying to convince others that it's BETTER THAN JUNK FOOD. And honestly, I think it was. Not just in the healthfulness, but in actual satisfaction.

Khale, I really hope it's not gallstones. Best of luck with the juicing.

Rawdancer, khale's right. I totally understand the urge to drink when you're feeling like hell, but that's the only time I really try NOT to drink. It may feel better momentarily, but that effect NEVER lasts, and eventually (for me) the alcohol will end up amplifying the depression.

Best,
Ashcat

Posted by: the enchantress ()
Date: August 24, 2007 06:36PM

I just had my first G.T.'s kombucha (first kombucha ever, actually), yesterday. I had the Mega Greens one - LOVE IT!!! I am obsessed. Next time I go across the border I'm gonna stock up! (Haven't seen it in Canada, at least not anywhere local.)

Date: August 24, 2007 11:48PM

I like the G.T. Kombucha, but my body has to really want one or it doesn't taste or feel right. There are days it goes down really, really good and then days when I can barely handle a few sips at a time. I don't know why this is...

...but then, you know, a lot of things are really like this for me. sometimes a banana smoothie tastes like heaven on earth and on other days its not right somehow; it tastes puny and flat. avocados, cucumbers, zucc's, spinach...maybe everything, tastes and feels different on different days.

So, if the kombucha tastes right, drink it ; )

rawdanceruk: if you want to sleep why don't you?

khale

Posted by: applebaby ()
Date: August 25, 2007 03:37AM

transition to at least 50% fruit is going well!

TODAY.
breakfast: juice of 4 oranges, 1/3 pineapple, 2 bananas, handful of hemp seed, some goji berries(yummy). 1 kiwi.

lunch: delicious tomato chili (tomato, cucumber, red bell pepper, fresh basil, cilantro, celery, garlic, lemon juice, olive oil, nama shoyu, chili powder, cumin, salt), a medium garden salad with creamy pine nut dressing, 1 peach, 1 banana.

dinner: 2 kiwis, 1 peach, 1 banana, 1 avacado, 1 tomato before bed. which is right now! goodnight!

oh, and i got a promotion today! although my mood right now is more dark and somber. i feel bad for the guy who lost his job (the guy who i am replacing as assistant manager). but after all i guess he just wasn't ready for the responsibility, not to mention i've been doing all the work while he got the bonuses. sometimes you just have to live and learn right. i hated working with him because he was disorganized and i always had to take charge but i can't help feeling empathetic and sad.

cheers!

Posted by: Lorretta ()
Date: August 25, 2007 09:21AM

Hello everyone
Im still in the middle of letting go of stuff my body is ready to shed. (both physically and emotionally).
Its been a difficult time for me this week.

I know that you can never be sure what exactly triggers these huge cleansings however I normally juice greens and eat fruit.
last weekend i juiced fruit for breakfast, blended fruit for lunch had a small salad in the evening. The next morning I woke up experiencing detox symptoms.
I think that my fruit intake was maybe a little high for me just now.

I know that i will have to go through it, I'm prepared for that, i just feel that i have thrown myself in a bit too quickly, so i have eaten a few steamed veggies this week as i would prefer to slow the process down a little.

Its difficult to think clearly when you are in so much pain.
I have been in this space several times now.
I am determined to get through it.

I'm trying to find a level of detox that I'm comfortable with (If such a thing exists!!!!!!)

Although its an uncomfortable place to be, i know that when i have moved through this period, i will feel fantastic. I'm holding on to that thought!

Khale and pakd4fun thanks for your kind words.

raw blessings

Lorretta

Date: August 25, 2007 12:37PM

Loretta wrote:

Its difficult to think clearly when you are in so much pain.

Indeed.

What type of pain are you experiencing Loretta?

I think that its important to realize that detoxification and illness are synonymous as regards effects. All illness is essentially detox. In the New German medicine they state that the appearance of cancer, as an example only, is actually the beginning stages of healing. Cancer IS the healing crisis. So, even if I get some frowns from the crowd, I think its important to say that detox can be dangerous, and that we should not minimize symptoms by calling it detox. You want to take the same care of yourself as you would if you were ill, as indeed you are.

Let us know how you are.

khale

Date: August 25, 2007 02:27PM

I woke this morning in pain which royally pissed me off. Then I started thinking. The onset of this pain happened immediately after I raised my voice in anger over the phone.

god knows I've had my issues with anger. I used to have horrible temper tantrums and wasn't above hitting other people _ this ain't a pretty thing to admit about oneself, but its the truth. My poor younger sibs ducked when I made a sudden move and my boyfriends hung around likely because there was "sex in my violence" lol...My counselors informed me that I had morphed from being a person who is angry to becoming an angry person, a condition apparently much worse, and my parents were always sure to keep caulking materials on hand as I was hell on the sheetrock. This "condition" continued well into my thirties, but by the time I hit forty I had managed to get a pretty good grip on it and apart from having an impatient and rather intense temperment, it's been many years time since I've had a tantrum, or lost total control over this emotion.

But where did all that anger go I wonder? Is it possible that I've internalized at least some of it? Is it possible that anger is part of the root of this malaise I'm currently undergoing? Is getting pissed by the pain a clue to its source? something tells me that I won't be wasting my time at least exploring this possibility.

Yesterday I did two castor oil packs for 45 minutes each; gave myself an enema and drank herbal teas, lemonades and fresh juices all day. Fairly late last night I had two slices of toast just because I wanted it and for no better reason. I stayed in bed most of the day with a book, slept some and otherwise walked around the house in my "ugly clothes" aimlessly and restlessly. I'm not a very good patient and an even worse nurse, but these are shoes conditions require that I fill and I'm fillin them as best I can.

Today I intend a repeat. If anyone wants or needs to talk I can turn on one of my instant messengers and we can have a chat.

khale

Posted by: dewey ()
Date: August 25, 2007 04:35PM

suncloud Wrote:
>
> Islandgirl and Dewey, Please check in with us
> whenever possible. Your input here on the forum
> is so appreciated. Best wishes for your success
> and happiness with school and job!

thanks suncloud!! this group has done great things for me and i appreciate you as well!
i haven`t been doing the greatest in my "fight" against cooked food at work. i`m good in the morning...until the boss takes everyone out to lunch. ppl are already saying "you don`t eat meat? how do you get your protein? red meat has things in it that the body needs for metabolizing nutrients blah blah blah." they don`t judge me or put me down it`s just that i think they`re shocked cuz i made such a change over the summer.
i think once my routine sets in and i`ve got my clasroom together and do lunch on my own it`ll get easier.
in the morning i have been eating nothing but fruit and i really like it this way. i miss you guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
patty

Date: August 25, 2007 05:30PM

Been out to do shopping, market for fruits. Then spent 8 hours asleep.. woke up, tried to eat, gagged straight away.

So been lugging water and peppermint tea since then. I hate that feeling. Cleaned the whole house, thought maybe it was something I could see like dust/fluff making me feel sick. But didnt seem so.

Ah well, we have a bank holiday weekend here, so I intend in spending lots of time asleep with the curtains all closed, so glad I dont have to go anywhere until Tuesday.

Hopefully see some friends tommorow and monday if I am feeling upto it..

Thanks again

Date: August 26, 2007 03:23AM

Rawdancer, I hope the rest is just what you need.

Loretta, good luck with the detox. I've found that both times I've gone raw, there's definitely been an adjustment period that feels lousy, esp. as my body gets used to deriving its energy from things other than simple carbs, refined sugars, etc. But as Khale also said, take good care of yourself and pay close attention to your body. It could be that your body is deficient in some nutrient(s) and trying to tell you. Do you supplement? Esp. B's? It's too easy sometimes to blame everything on "detox."

Khale. I find it hard to imagine you so angry! At least here in cyberspace you're such a calming presence...

Here's yesterday (Friday the 24th):

AM: Smoothie: banana, peach, spinach, soaked almonds, vitagreen, honey, ice

DINNER: Boyfriend took me out to Cru, a raw restaurant in Silverlake. We shared a "mezze plate" with fig pate, herbed cashew cheese, olives, kale, and apple & beet salad. And a peach, arugala & grapes salad w/ honey cumin dressing. And portabello ravioli. And "thai red curry". Phew. We, uh, ordered too much, as I was STARVING. Guess I don't need an ap & entree when I'm raw. Now there are a LOT of leftovers in the fridge...

Feeling very run-down today, like I might be coming down with something. I've been drinking TONS of water and had a green smoothie. Hopefully I'll have more appetite later, seeing as how I made tabouli with (my first successful) sprouted quinoa.

Best,
AshCat

Posted by: brokenbrooke ()
Date: August 26, 2007 05:13AM

khale--
thanks for your words. you're right, there is no balnce between the good and the bad. i have been able to overcome a drug addiction this year so i think i can overcome an alcohol addiction as well.
there seems to be something blocking my advancement but ithink it's mostly just me!!!!
i had an awful week eating raw, although i did eat many fresh steamed veggies. i'm gonna get there. somehow, someway. i don't want to beat myself up...but sometimes it helps....
good luck to all this upcoming week...
b.b.

Date: August 26, 2007 05:42AM

Khale, I agree with Ashcat. I wouldn't have thought you had a temper, but I kind of think self-improving is what we're all here on the planet for, so good for you for doing it!

Rawdancer, Hope you get to see your friends this weekend. I wonder if you maybe have something besides the AN that's keeping you from eating. You might consider getting lab tested for a parasite or amoeba. That's what I always think, because it happened to me, and it's the only time I really couldn't eat.

Dewey, Nice to hear from you!

I've been very busy, so missed posting yesterday.

Yesterday I had

AM: bananas, oranges, 1/3 cup soaked jungle peanuts (measured unsoaked), a cucumber, dried mango slices

PM: bananas, oranges, 2 brazil nuts, a cucumber, more mango slices, 2 nori rolls with nori, tomato, red leaf lettuce, lemon juice, 1/4 cup total sprouted kamut (measured unsprouted, chopped leak, alfalfa sprouts, a drizzle of olive oil on each.

Somehow I seem to be able to eat greens more often than usual. I'm very happy about that!

Exercise: 1 hour yoga

Today I had
AM: bananas, oranges, 1/3 cup soaked jungle peanuts (measured unsoaked), a cucumber, dried mango slices

PM: a couple of strawberry guavas, lychees, bananas, 2 brazil nuts, about 1/4 cup soaked sesame seeds (measured unsoaked), 3 hibiscus, one very little avocado that somehow ripened prematurely on the tree and didn't fall off (it tasted absolutely scrumptious! Still waiting for my other ones to get ripe.)

Exercise: ran 4 miles, walked 1 mile, and will do weights/aerobics this evening.

Night everybody. See you tomorrow!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/26/2007 05:51AM by suncloud.

Date: August 26, 2007 06:06AM

Congratulations applebaby on your promotion!

Date: August 26, 2007 06:47AM

Thanks suncloud. I think I will stay alone for the next two days, is easier. Just keep sleeping and sleeping, get up for an hour, drink tea and go back to bed.

I am sure its all psychological, Either way I couldnt "make" my doctor test me for anything, plus after last week he will just say, I am depressed so of course I wont want to eat.. I explained I was having troubles eating- his response was, well you seem smartly dressed and eloquent- so your obviously fine and not really falling apart... perhaps when I go back on wednesday should turn up in sweats!.. I have to go to work..so I have to pull myself together for 10hours a day..or at least pretend!

Been up since early..cant seem to sleep anymore, dont want to take any sleeping tablets or anything.

More tea then try to get back to sleep.

Thanks again

Date: August 26, 2007 10:40PM

Dear rawdancer,

As far as all this being psychological, it may be that your emotions are making it hard for you to eat, but the lack of food may also be affecting your emotions.

To give your doctor the benefit of the doubt, he sounds like he needs more information.

It occurs to me that you have a very valuable written record of what you've been eating (and how it's affecting you emotionally) right here on this thread and on the previous 7 Weeks Raw thread.

Here's a suggestion: Make a copy of every one of your posts from this and the previous 7 Weeks Raw thread. If it's hard to cut and paste to get just your posts, then include everyone's post, and highlight yours. Put it all together with a cover sheet entitled: "URGENT! Enclosed is a record of several weeks of my diet", or whatever. VERY IMPORTANT: Be sure to include on your cover sheet the words "delivered to Dr.______________, on (whatever DATE you give it to him)". And include your name on every sheet.

Then, if at all possible, get it to him BEFORE your next visit, so he'll have time to read it.

This will establish a "paper trail", and upon receiving it, your doctor will become immediately aware of his legal responsiblities in caring for you, since you will have presented him with documented evidence of the seriousness of your condition. And he will also know that YOU take this seriously enough to have established a "paper trail" and given it to him.

Sometimes, unfortunately, that's what it takes. But the written information from your posts will also help him to actually see for himself that you do need some help.

I've been reading a little more about the zinc. Seems that in addition to zinc deficiency being linked with AN, consuming alcohol inhibits absorption of zinc. So there's another reason not to drink that wine! Zinc deficiency can also lead to vitamin A deficiency, because zinc is needed to convert vitamin A to the active form.

I suggest you tell your doctor that you would like him to have your vitamin/mineral levels tested. He will probably definitely agree to that, especially if he sees the record of what you've been eating. I would also very strongly suggest that you request a faecal exam for parasites/amoebas.

If he tells you that you're fine, and that no tests are necessary, then I'd ask him to verify his opinion for you in writing, and try to get a second opinion if possible.

Of course, these are just my suggestions. I definitely don't want you to feel like I'm telling you what to do.

I wish I were going with you though! Darn! You're halfway around the world, but we'll all be thinking of you of course, and wishing you the best. Yay rawdancer!

Current Page: 8 of 13

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables