Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

when you first became raw...
Posted by: sleepingstar ()
Date: August 15, 2007 01:29AM

did you eat a lot... im wondering because I cannot seem to get full!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: when you first became raw...
Posted by: imfree ()
Date: August 15, 2007 01:44AM

I was hungry a lot the first two weeks. I found that an avocado helped fill me up.

I'm now in week 5 and the hunger part has passed. Nuts and seeds and avocados help when I do get too hungry.

But if I eat more than a few of these, I get too full now. I was sort of in unbelief when I read here that nuts can be too filling, but I get it now.

So you might try the seed/nuts/avocado route for now and then you will more than likely find that they fill you up too much somewhere down the road.

I'm still trying to find my balance on this but I think I'm making progress.

Posted by: islandgirl ()
Date: August 15, 2007 01:45AM

I"ve been raw since June 1 and I still feel hungry a lot of the time. I think part of it is that I'm eating a lot of fruit which digests from the system in about 20 minutes. If I eat some fats like nuts or avacados, I am full longer.

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: August 15, 2007 01:47AM

Yes. I ate a lot and often. You'll have to experiment.....stretching just a little beyond where you are very comfortable with RIGHT NOW.....and finding reasonable healthy foods/dishes that satisfy you......depending on what YOUR goals are.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: August 15, 2007 02:01AM

Yes.

Posted by: dewey ()
Date: August 15, 2007 03:07AM

yes yes yes smiling smiley it does pass ... at least it did for me.
patty

Posted by: sunshine79 ()
Date: August 15, 2007 03:36AM

No way, I was def not hungry. I was all over the raw fat, per the excellent transition advice of Dr. Gabriel Cousens, and I found the raw diet to be instantly and shockingly easy. In due time of course my body grew to find fat repellent, but that Dr. Cousens sure was a godsend for me in the beginning.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/15/2007 03:37AM by sunshine79.

Posted by: the enchantress ()
Date: August 15, 2007 04:13AM

Yes, it does pass. I find that I am usually satisfied on just fruits and veggies now, whereas before I felt like I needed a piece of bread or some raw crackers or something with my salads. I also find that my hunger varies more widely than before; some days I won't be that hungry, and other days I'll be ravenous every couple of hours (like today!). Go with your gut.

Posted by: sleepingstar ()
Date: August 15, 2007 10:31AM

thanks so much everyone! glad to know im not alone

Posted by: lovebird ()
Date: August 15, 2007 03:23PM

I was very hungry the first couple weeks and lost 5 pounds too (which is a fast drop for me). My muscles were weak and I experienced an emotional detox. I was not eating any greens and did not have a juicer.
Juicing greens (like collard and kale) really satisfies my body. Avocados helped. Grabbing a few soaked almonds is satisfying. I also ate Ezekiel tortillas (sprouted grain) which to me was transitional cheating because they are baked (at a low heat but not sure how high) and I warmed them in a pan. They gave me the full feeling like from bread but my body responds much better to them.
As the weeks pass (I have started week 10 of eating raw) my body is getting more nourished and is responding with periods of contentment. The effort is worth it!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables