Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

I cant seem to stop!!!
Posted by: sleepingstar ()
Date: August 21, 2007 09:51PM

SAD food is soo addicting! I am eating at least 50% raw everyday but I cant seem to give up cooked! I really want to and every morning then I wake up I think "this is the day!!!" but by noon I am lost again. its even harder on the days I work!
thanks for listening to me vent!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I cant seem to stop!!!
Posted by: sunshine79 ()
Date: August 21, 2007 10:27PM

Try incorporating cooked unhulled barley into your breakfast.... the stuff will stabilize your blood sugar and make you stop craving junk. It worked for me really well as a transition food, and I still occasionally eat it.

Posted by: dafodil ()
Date: August 21, 2007 11:11PM

I still eat some cooked...I think Im in "permanent" transition. Don't be so hard on yourself, and try to stick with an eating plan that works for YOU. I realized a while ago that while I may not be 100% all of the time, I try to make good choices when I do eat cooked. No one is perfect, so don't worry so much if "today" isn't "the day"....But if you eat raw and cooked in the same day, try to remember to combine well or else you could get nasty indigestion.

Also, maybe try packing your lunch the night before work so you have snacks while your there...Another thing that helps me is making batches of things like gazpachos, guacamole, and salads ahead of time, and cutting up veggies to snack on, fruit, etc. I also combine fruits and veggies and put them in the freezer for quick smoothies. It helps me out of binds when I want to eat something I know I'll regret later. I still eat veggie burritos and veggie burgers from time to time, but if I have my raw stash on hand, I'm more likely to eat that instead. I hope this helps you a bit. I really believe the whole raw food experience is a journey, and that we must be patient with ourselves and our bodies while we are on it. Hang in there!

Posted by: sleepingstar ()
Date: August 22, 2007 01:48AM

thanks for the great ideas and support!

Posted by: purenkind ()
Date: August 22, 2007 02:41AM

I try to eat as close to 100% as I can, but on occasion I still eat quinoa and steamed veggies, especially ones I don't particularly care for raw, like artichokes or brocolli. I think it's good to be very conscious of which cooked foods I am eating. In my opinion there is an enormous difference between cooked quinoa and steamed veggies and a pizza.

Focus on what foods make YOU feel good!

Posted by: aquadecoco ()
Date: August 22, 2007 05:08AM

Don't try to force it with a 'should'.

Find raw foods your body likes and keep them around. Try eating lots of green vegies, even after you've eaten cooked....just keep putting them in your diet regardless of what else you eat. This has helped me a lot, it's worth a try.

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: August 22, 2007 05:20AM

Exactly. The goal that is right for you is one foot in front of where you are NOW. THAT is the only progress any of us really make on a daily basis....no matter how advanced or amateur.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: coconutcream ()
Date: August 23, 2007 04:35AM

There is somthing fundamentally wrong and it is in your mind. Search and when things are right in thoughts, anything you want will be easy.

It may be that you do not know who the I inside you is. Yet. You may not be clear on what is right and wrong so it makes no difference to you.
Find your purpose.

There probably is a big contradiction in your life.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/23/2007 04:36AM by coconutcream.

Posted by: anna_elle ()
Date: August 23, 2007 05:18AM

Hi Sleeping Star,

Life is a journey, enjoy it. Your dietary choices are part of that same continuum. It's OK if it takes you awhile to get there. Enjoying yourself as you go is important. Eating an ideal diet at the expense of loving yourself isn't worth it. And it won't help you want to be raw.

I agree with the wise words of Aquedecoco and Davidzanemason.

I'm not 100% either. I only just started last November. But I love it-and my body, mind and spirit love it when I choose raw.

Namaste, Anna

Posted by: basil ()
Date: August 23, 2007 06:01AM

i wake up and do yoga every morning...so i dont end up eating until 11:30 or even 1 some days... starting with a green drink always helps my food cravings. it really slows down my appetite and sugar cravings. I usually make kale, celery, cucumber, lime, parsley...or something like that(apple is good in there, but i'm trying to cut out the sugar as much as possible smiling smiley ). I will add a tbsp of nasty green powder to about 2 oz and choke it down first and wash it down with the yummy stuff. Sometimes i'll have a yummy salad with it too, Kale really does the trick for me...you've got to chop it and squeeze it with your hands to make it the best for eating raw though smiling smiley
good luck

Basil

"Freedom of movement, Freedom from pain
Looking exactly the way you want to,
Not the way other people think you should look"
-Mary

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables