Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

green tea...not raw?
Posted by: mrdc ()
Date: August 22, 2007 10:42PM

hi

if you drink green tea does that mean you aren't 100% raw?

i miss my green/white tea.

dc

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: green tea...not raw?
Posted by: anna_elle ()
Date: August 22, 2007 10:57PM

I have wondered about this myself. Lately I have determined that the teas I drink are medicinal locally mixed(I don't know where they are grown) and organic, thus an acceptable part of a raw diet. I do add stevia to my tea. It must be highly processed because it comes in the form of white powder. I can't really justify the stevia-but I use it anyway=)

Posted by: islandgirl ()
Date: August 22, 2007 11:24PM

I also use teas for medicinal purposes only at present and do not consider them a part of my raw diet.

Posted by: dafodil ()
Date: August 23, 2007 12:23AM

If you like green tea, then why not drink it? It is supposed to be good for you, and if you like it, but aren't drinking it because of worrying about percentages (100%, 75, etc) then your depriving yourself. Who's opinion are you worried about?

Who gives a rats ass if its 100% raw? I don't mean to offend anyone, but its not as if your asking this forum if its "ok" to eat raw beef or something that perpetuates violence/cruelty. I know there are those who are strictly 100% and will not agree with what I am saying, but come on...who wrote the rule book on the "acceptable part of the raw diet"....??? Drink the green tea if you like it, and enjoy it!!

Posted by: Mosaica ()
Date: August 23, 2007 02:30AM

I agree with you Dafodil. It's better to sacrifice your percentage than your common sense. winking smiley
A healthy mind is at least as important as a healthy diet.

Date: August 23, 2007 05:32AM

Dafodil and Mosaica, You guys are so right on.

I consider the tea part of my diet because I drink it a few times a week (without regret).

Sometimes I find it edifying to examine the "technicality" aspect of food as it pertains to the raw vegan diet. I try not to let it stifle me so much as inform my decisions.

Posted by: dafodil ()
Date: August 23, 2007 05:38AM

Right on, Anna!! I think if you let numbers or how technically correct a raw food may or may not be dictate your life, then whats the point? The raw food way of eating should be enjoyable! If you have to examine and calculate every single choice (especially those which are already VEGAN) then it takes the pleasure out of eating. I am too much of a hedonist to allow that! LOL! winking smiley

Posted by: Ashcat ()
Date: August 23, 2007 06:16AM

Hear, hear. Green tea's not gonna kill ya. Tons of antioxidants. Plus, what would that make you, 99.99%?? Being raw is not about rules. It's about being the healthies, happiest individual you can be.

Posted by: aquadecoco ()
Date: August 23, 2007 09:55AM

Anne_elle,

I was wondering about adding the leaf form of stevia to your tisane instead of the processed form.....have you ever tried it ?

I bought some leaf stevia but only tried it in a weird goji berry mix thing that did NOT taste good. But I was thinking of steeping it along with herb tea (yerba mate) to see how it would taste.

I haven't tried it yet and am wondering how others use leaf stevia.

Date: August 23, 2007 03:36PM

Hi Aquadecoco,

What a great idea! I haven't tried it. I'll have to look around for some.
Thanx, Anna

Posted by: mrdc ()
Date: August 23, 2007 03:47PM

some really great answers, and good old fashion common sense.
i am greatful for your responses.

i'll go make a cup right now.
cheers
dc

Posted by: Azure-Mermaid ()
Date: August 23, 2007 04:26PM

I love, love, love my green tea! And yes, I too will continue to drink it, because - when I think about the multiple cups of coffee I used to consume (I thought I HAD to have it to get me going in the morning -- not so true after eating raw for a few weeks!), I'm not about to feel guilty and deprive myself of something as good as green tea.

Enjoy!

Posted by: coconutcream ()
Date: August 25, 2007 07:58PM

Caffeine may make you depressed later, be careful.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables