Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

sweet lemons (not the Myer lemons)-what do U think?same C content?
Date: April 17, 2006 08:52PM

i just got same recently...to me they r STRAAAANGE...
lightly sweet
very juicy & soft
not acidic at all (that i miss)

i eat a whole one at a time orrrr half a regular lemon these days, BUT

DOES ANYONE KNOW IF THEIR VITA C CONTENT IS THE SAME AS THE REGULAR LEMONS??? & OTHER NUTRIENTS TOO? THE PECTIN???

hope someone knows....

Namaste, Basia

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: sweet lemons (not the Myer lemons)-what do U think?same C content?
Posted by: dream earth ()
Date: April 18, 2006 12:43AM

Do you really keep track of vitamin C? I usually get something like 1,333% of the RDA without even trying; fruits and vegetables are full of it...

Re: sweet lemons (not the Myer lemons)-what do U think?same C content?
Date: April 18, 2006 05:58AM

dream earth - actually what i wondered about mainly was, if they were, maybe, GMO,
but, i just found the answer..i think...

Sweet Lemon (C. limetta Risso)–a general name for certain non-acid lemons or limettas, favored in the Mediterranean region, In India, they are grown in the Nilgiris, Malabar and other areas. The fruits are usually insipid, occasionally subacid or acid. The seeds are white within and the tree is large, resembling that of the orange. One cultivar, called 'Dorshapo' after the plant explorers, Dorsett, Shamel and Popenoe, who introduced it from Brazil in 1914, resembles the 'Eureka' in most respects except for the lack of acidity. Another, called 'Millsweet', apparently was introduced into California from Mexico and planted in a mission garden. It was reproduced at the old University of California Experiment Station at Pomona. Neither is of any commercial value.
from www.hort.purdue.edu/newcrop/morton/lemon.html

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables