Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Marcos - quick question.....
Posted by: Piano Gal ()
Date: April 18, 2006 01:17PM

Am I correct in understanding that you put 1/4 teaspoon of the Celtic Salt in every 40 oz canteen?

Also, how much do you drink before each mean?

Thank you muchly,

PG

Re: Marcos - another quick question
Date: April 18, 2006 03:58PM

Is there any reason that the 1/2 tablespoon of Celtic salt cannot be used in food rather than the water. The taste is "gaggifying!" Thanks!

Re: Marcos - quick question.....
Posted by: rawmark ()
Date: April 19, 2006 02:11PM

Piano,

The taste is strange at first but after a few days of drinking it that way you won't want to drink water any other way. Yes, you could add it to your food but it wouldn't have the same benefit. When you add salt to water it tells the body how to handle it because the body believes it's hemoglobin or close to it. This way, it can instruct the cells and organs exactly how to use the salt. Yes, I use 1/4 rounded tsp to 40 oz. of water.

Here's info taken directly from Dr. Batman's website, watercure2.com.

Drink 1/2 your body weight of water in ounces, daily. Example: 180 lb = 90 oz. of water daily. Divide that into 8 or 10 oz. glasses and that's how many glasses you will need to drink, daily. Use 1/4 tsp. of salt for every quart of water you drink. Use salt liberally with food. As long as you drink the water, you can use the salt.

Also, I do drink water before I eat any meal. It's prolly close to eight ounces.

Peace,

Marcos

Go Vegan for your life, your health, the planet and, most importantly, the animals that we share this wonderful world with!

Date: April 19, 2006 02:15PM

One more thing. Each person is different in the amount of water that his/her body requires. I'm a very active person and drink about 100 oz. of water a day. I use up quite a bit of this on the rebounder, using kettlebells, clubbells and just walking around. This is the amount that I feel most comfortable drinking and my body likes it as well. Any less and my body lets me know it didn't get what it needs.

Peace,

Marcos

Go Vegan for your life, your health, the planet and, most importantly, the animals that we share this wonderful world with!

Salt Water
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 20, 2006 03:03AM

Piano Gal wrote

> Am I correct in understanding
> that you put 1/4 teaspoon of
> the Celtic Salt in every 40 oz

I put a small pinch of either Himalayan Salt
or Celtic Sea Salt in my glass of drinking water
every morning.

I would not recommend putting salt in all of
your drinking water. One glass of salt water
a day is great.

A 1/4 teaspoon may be too much, you just need
a smidgen of salt if you are doing it every day.

The salt has 70 to 90 angstrom sized minerals. Mixing
it with water helps you absorb the minerals efficiently.

Re: Salt Water
Posted by: squidmafia ()
Date: April 21, 2006 06:37AM

I've just started adding a little dash of Celtic Sea Salt (the light grey, coarse kind, with the Grain and Salt Society label on it... hope that's okay stuff!) to a glass every morning, too. I actually loved the taste right away! Gives the water some "weight" or something. I always drink a ton of water and never feel satisfied, and I hope this will make me feel a bit more hydrated.

Piano Gal, you mentioned 1/2 a tablespoon? Where did that measurement come from? This whole salt thing is so interesting to me, but I feel like I can't find a solid answer anywhere about what to do with it, and exactly what kind of salt to use. I've looked at the websites as well.

I guess with almost everything with food, you just have to find out what works for you?

Squid....
Date: April 21, 2006 12:30PM

I got it from Marcos who got it from Dr.Batmangelder, who wrote the book on the Body's Many Cries for Water. The amount of 1/2 tsp per day divided up over about 80-100 oz per day came from Dr B's website watercure2.com.

A very interesting thing has occurred. I have tried this for the last two days. Honestly, it is reshaping my body. This is so interesting. I can NEVER lose weight no matter what I do. But since I've added the salt water my body is slimming. Go figure. I look forward to continuing the experiment for awhile.

Date: April 22, 2006 12:52AM

Piano Girl,

Congrats. That's because celtic sea salt and himalayan sea salt are beneficial and detoxifying. Adding it to water just increases it's ability to scrub the cells and the intestinal wall and cleanse you out while nourishing you too! Keep us updated on your progress and experience with water and salt.

Peace,

Marcos

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables