Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Apricot Kernels
Posted by: rawjay ()
Date: August 30, 2007 09:56PM

I remember seeing David Wolfe say that apricot kernels taste like almonds and are very good for you. However i cant figure out how to eat them ha! Maybe i have the wrong kind but it seems like the nut should be cracked open? Any help for a clueless squirrel would be great!!! ha thanks.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Apricot Kernels
Posted by: Melanie ()
Date: August 30, 2007 10:42PM

I eat those; they look like small almonds without shells. I'm not sure why yours look like they need to be cracked open.

Posted by: anaken ()
Date: August 31, 2007 01:07AM

umm..you def would want to crack them open...

I always want to get excited about doing something with the kernals, but i've lost my taste for anything crunchy, so they always end up in the trash or scattered around the park.

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: August 31, 2007 02:04AM

Eating the apricots would be way healthier for you than eating the kernals. To open the nuts, just buy a nutcracker.

Posted by: rawjay ()
Date: September 01, 2007 03:33PM

The kernel that came out of my apricot was sort of big. Its wasnt almond size, maybe maybe the size of a walnut before cracking it. I do eat the apricot first of course, then i study the nut in confusion. Thanks for the info so far!!!

Posted by: life101 ()
Date: September 01, 2007 06:44PM

The Hunzas eat the apricot kernels. The kernels contain B17 laetrile and helps stave off cancer.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables