Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

freezing- does it kill our food??
Posted by: mallow ()
Date: April 20, 2006 05:12PM

Before I was raw, steamed veggies were a big mainstay of my diet, and I really miss the texture. Since going raw, I have eaten broccoli that was frozen, (I bought it fresh and froze it, so it wan't blanched or anything) and the texture was nice with dressing.
However, since then I have read that freezing kills enzymes. So... does it?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: freezing- does it kill our food??
Posted by: lisa m ()
Date: April 20, 2006 05:44PM

you can't really kill enzymes... you can denature them.... I would say that freezing is not optimal of course, but it's also not the end of the world. A little frozen food isn't so bad, but it's best to aim for as much fresh produce as possible in your diet

x

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 20, 2006 06:29PM

Not ideal but not really bad either. If you need to keep stuff fresh and can't go shopping as often as you'd like than it's a good option.

Nuts & seeds are fine in the freezer, they will still sprout after time below freezing. So no, freezing does not "kill" food.

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: April 21, 2006 02:57AM

it just makes them shake and shiver
all over

brrrr....
throw a scarf around it
and it may be alittle better

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: April 22, 2006 06:35AM

Ha! Ha! Right.

-I think YOU should decide which foods are more optimal (at least for YOU)....and then strive to include more of those things in your diet.

-I personally don't think frozen food is as high a quality as fresh - so I avoid it. If you feel more comfortable eating frozen food - go for it!

-David Mason

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables