Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Anyone here eat red beets? what are some other grounding foods?
Posted by: flex4life ()
Date: September 08, 2007 07:43PM

My energy has been going to my head lately so I am overthinking almost all the time. I was told by someone to eat red beets so my energy will be more grounded. Do you know of any other grounding foods?

Peace!

[www.youtube.com]

Re: Anyone here eat red beets? what are some other grounding foods?
Posted by: life101 ()
Date: September 09, 2007 12:15AM

Haven't done any studies but for me, garbanzo beans satisfy me. Maybe it would be just easier to do Yoga or Meditate rather than use food as a solution? Just a thought. Therese

Posted by: GypsyArdor ()
Date: September 09, 2007 11:47AM

I never heard that before about grounding oneself with beets. I'm interested in reading what others say.

Flex, I LOVE the picture of your dog! S/He's so beautiful!!

Love,

Gypsy

Posted by: the enchantress ()
Date: September 09, 2007 01:34PM

IMO, the most grounding foods you can eat are greens. The darker the better! Sea veggies are good too.

Posted by: Arkay ()
Date: September 09, 2007 04:52PM

I eat beets. They are very good for the liver, and help in cleansing/detoxifying. A slice or two of beet (called beetroot in some places) added into a blended raw drink with carrots, etc... can be flavorful. I add them (sliced into slivers or in thin slices) into salads, too. Just be careful with it: raw beet juice stains many things very well, and can be difficult to remove! Those red colorants are among the most health-giving parts of the beet, though.

Funny --beets were one of my least-favorite/most-detested veggies as a kid; I hated them! Now they are a staple part of my diet, originally for health reasons and now because I like them. Same with garlic and some other foods. Maybe if I had eaten them all as a child I wouldn't have had so many health problems over the years(?!).

Posted by: llulu ()
Date: September 10, 2007 06:51PM

I love raw red beets -- I spiralize them and carrots and always have them on hand to add to my salads. Great with ginger-miso dressing!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables