Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Disturbing website on how Juicing is Bad for you
Date: April 28, 2006 05:03PM

gonnabe100%raw - a question for U...
do U eat the pomegranate WITH the white part????...just wondered...as it is veeery.....not tasty....sooooo...if one was taking the instinctive approach to their eating, & listened to their body's ...voice...than..i don't think i'd eat the white part....
unlessss....??
tell me...
LOOOOVE,
Namaste, Basia

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: May 01, 2006 02:01PM

I have the book from Qigong.com and their recippees are so good that it tastes great.
Also.. I want to say something..
Everyone says that its not right for the owner of the site to not sell juicers to people he thinks doesn't need one or as if he is trying to control what people buy..
There is nothing wrong with not selling to who you don't want to sell to based on why they need it..
If you go to a doctor and want pain killers and the doctor knows you don't need them... he has the choice to weather he will sell them to you or not.. You don't just get them because you asked for them..

or... if you go to a fancy nightclub and they have a VIP room.. you don't just get in if you want to. You have to be friends with the door guy or have money.

The site only sells to who they want to and if someone is not interested in the raw food diet then they will not get the item they want. Its not about control. Its about selling to people who are going to support the raw foods lifestyle and help others.

Its a privelege to buy from RawfoodAdvantage.com.

Date: May 03, 2006 02:05AM

Gonnabe100%raw...it's obvious you are the owner of the store and website, www.rawfoodadvantage.com. Why act like you're not? You're tactics and arrogance are annoying and I don't blame anyone for not ever wanting to buy from you or give you business.

First of all, I am no expert on the raw and living foods diet. I have been exposed to it recently and am currently researching as much as I can. One thing's for sure...I will never buy from you. Of course, according to your website, you don't need my business anyway. Good...I'll give it to someone who does need it.

Second, my first exposure to the raw and living foods diet came via my preacher's wife who was diagnosed with breast cancer about 2 years ago. Not only was it breast cancer, but the most aggressive type with almost no chance of survival. Almost immediately, after plenty of research, she went on this type of diet which included almost wholly juiced foods. She has been cancer free for almost a year and the doctors are amazed. Not only that, but every other aspect of her is health is totally normal, including cholesterol, blood pressure and every thing else imaginable. Now, are you going to tell me that cancer patients, or anybody for that matter, who juice are actually going to be worse off??? Where do you get your information? I have a living, breathing healthy woman as my proof.

Also, you tell us many times in your posts not to rely on books for our information. Yet you extoll the virtues of a certain book on qigong.com. Which is it? Should we read the book or not? Are you the only source of the truth? And you make references to your information but will not disclose it. Are you the only one allowed to have this information?

If you want to promote your website, why hide behind the guise of an anonymous poster who needs help in evaluating the information on the website? It's deceitful and sure doesn't make people want to trust you or do business with you. It's so obvious that you are the owner of the website/store that I can't believe someone else hasn't already pointed it out. You misspell words like crazy, both in your posts and on your website. Your posts are almost direct quotes from your website. Your attitude and arrogance is the same as the website. Get off your highhorse and humble yourself! You'll find yourself a lot more likable.

Posted by: teloking57 ()
Date: May 04, 2006 08:29PM

Wow!! Really an interesting discussion going on here.

I know first hand how it can be difficult to understand the other person's point of view!! I can't eat citrus - plain and simple - when I do, my sciatic nerve screams with pain and my back spasms - that's a fact for me!!

So......... in my mind, I don't understand why anyone would eat citrus when I know the effect it "can" have on the human system.

I can preach all I want about how I believe citrus is bad, but seeing how I work in the food industry, that opinion doesn't give me the right to refuse to sell citrus to everyone. That might be more of a power trip IMO.

However, when a person owns a business, they have a right to do business as they choose. They have a right to their beliefs, otherwise, what's the point in having your own business if you can't make those type of decisions?

That being said, I don't believe I would take an appliance from you if it were free. I firmly believe that when we work with food, our feelings go into that food. Everything has vibrations, even appliances.

The tone from you is very hostile - very negative. Not exactly the type of vibrations I wish to have in my life. I can't know all of the attitudes of people working with my food or appliances I use with my food, but I can walk away from the negative ones which are so apparent.

Hey gonnabe, I 've never been to that site before reading your post, so you have succeeded in drumming up more traffic ( not business, but traffic )
It doesn't matter if I think you should change the website, it's your website, it should reflect you, as I am sure it does.

However, if the "whole purpose is to teach people about the raw lifestyle"
the site would be full of useful articles, not products for sale. If the site is not about making sales, but about integrity, why would you change the site merely because of complaints? If you get enough complaints from cancer patients wanting to buy juicers will you succumb to selling them juicers - even tho it is not right in your heart.

You have a website, you've made it clear that you don't care what people think, you will do business your way.
That's fine. Why now do you see the need for positive feedback?
You say it is a privelege to buy from you. I say it is my privelege not to.

smiling smiley
have a nice day and have a shot of wheatgrass juice on me!!!

Wheatgrass, it does a body good!!!

Posted by: Oneris ()
Date: May 04, 2006 09:32PM

GonnaBe -
Doctors have that choice to withhold what you ask for because THEY ARE ACCOUNTABLE FOR YOUR HEALTH, merchants are not. If you want to stick your nose in people's business, sell privately, not as a public company. You'll drive yourself nuts trying to filter through everyone.

Besides, juicers are like a gateway to the health world(I'm drawing a parallel to gateway drugs here, just bear with me). They make healthier foods more easily accessible to people with unhealthy eating habits, and it's certainly a lot healthier than a cheeseburger. They juice, see benefit, move up to blending and gradually move to healthier and healthier habits.

Citrus?
Date: May 05, 2006 03:00AM

> teloking wrote
> I don't understand why anyone would eat
> citrus when I know the effect it "can"
> have on the human system.

What is wrong with citrus and where did you read about it? Was it that book 'The Cure for all Disease" ?

Posted by: deeds ()
Date: May 05, 2006 07:34AM

i don't know why anyone would eat apples knowing what it did to adam and eve

Date: May 06, 2006 12:53AM

> teloking wrote
> I don't understand why anyone would eat
> citrus when I know the effect it "can"
> have on the human system.

What is wrong with citrus and where did you read about it? Was it that book 'The Cure for all Disease" ?

Hey Mike, hopefully you'll understand my meaning more by reading it with the first part that I wrote.

<<<<<< I can't eat citrus - plain and simple - when I do,my sciatic nerve screams with pain and my back spasms - that's a fact for me!!
So......... in my mind, I don't understand why anyone would eat citrus when I know the effect it "can" have on the human system. >>>>>>>

I was just saying that it's a fact what citrus does to me when I eat it, so I just stay away from it.

Although.......... I haven't really tested it since I've been raw and I wonder if the allergy to it has disappeared.

hahahah deeds!!!
I do eat apples, but not the worms I might find. hahahahahhahha

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/06/2006 12:56AM by teloking57.

Date: May 06, 2006 09:14PM

Hi Teloking,

In the Dr. Flora eBook she recommends avoiding all citrus. I think Dr. Floras info came from the book "Foods that Heal"

Dr. Flora eBook: [www.therawdiet.com]

She writes "Be careful of citrus. It decalcifies. Read Foods that Heal by Annemarie Corbin."

Date: May 07, 2006 02:19AM

Thanks for the link Mike. I began reading and didn't want to stop!!!!!
It's a great book.
It's nice to know that there are others out there who don't like the citrus!!!!!
hahahhahahah

Date: May 08, 2006 03:18AM

first.. the guy who says "Wheatgrass, it does a body good!!!..
Why dont you do your research.. It is very harful to those that have low blood pressure. Thats like saying raw honey is good for you.. Why not give honey to a baby? Don't just assume since its good for you that its does a body good.. maybe your body but not everyones.

And.. I agree that if someone has a business they can run it they way they want.
I also can charge people who are interested in our philosophy our cost. And correct we dont need your business. Customers need us if anything. We are the ones who dont need your money. And.. its a co-op.. not just one owner.

About the comment, "However, if the "whole purpose is to teach people about the raw lifestyle"
the site would be full of useful articles, not products for sale..

Well.. how else is the website supposed to drive customers to the site. Should we start advertising Beef Jerky and when they call for a dehydrator should we tell them about the raw diet and not sell them a dehydrator unless we feel they understand the diet?

If anyone has any ideas on how to promote the diet let me know.

And.. I did not say dont go by the books... Try what you read yourself. I never said what I say is the truth.. it's just what I believe and I see how many people I have helped. I love getting thank you letters and emails from those that I have helped over the years. I haven't had one person that was originally going to buy a juicer who I told to buy a blender call me back up and say that I told them wrong.

I might upset many people but I help almost anyone that cannot afford equipment and give my cost on foods. I just don't understand how a store can pay 6 bucks for raw cacao and charge 20 to 30 a lb? Is that helping the raw food movement.

The raw food diet already has a bad name because of the high prices stores charge. People are searching desperately for cheap equipment and organic foods they can afford.

What are you doing to help promote the living foods diet?

Date: May 08, 2006 03:30AM

also.. to the person who said this

Gonnabe100%raw...it's obvious you are the owner of the store and website, www.rawfoodadvantage.com. Why act like you're not? You're tactics and arrogance are annoying and I don't blame anyone for not ever wanting to buy from you or give you business.

>>>>>>>>>

I dont really care if people buy from me or not.. I dont blame people either for not wanting to buy from me..

If I called an internet kitchen store and was looking for some knives and they wouldn't sell to me unless I learned about the Atkins diet... I probably would hang up on them instantly (just like people do when they call our site.

Don't you think that the website would be all nice and sweet if we wanted to make money instead of helping (or educating people) from out point of view.. Maybe you dont think we are helping people in your own mind but I am just going by the results from those that I have helped.

also.. I am not an English major so I don't take offence that you mentioned my poor grammer.

Posted by: singinraw ()
Date: May 08, 2006 04:54PM

gonnabe100%raw,

for one thing its not a guy that says wheatgrass, it does a body good, its a very nice girl who's very kind and caring and very bright and has a really good soul and has helped me more than anyone ever has.

Its people like her who make this world a better place to live in.

Wheatgrass has helped so many people in so many ways. I have read so many incredible success stories of wheatgrass along with teloking and I think she has read more about it than I have. So don't say "Why dont' you do your research"

Wheatgrass has been used in so many ways and saved so many people from diseases like cancer and has been used as a poultice to heal really bad wounds and has saved people from amputation when gangreen set in from soaking their foot or whatever in water with several ounces of wheatgrass JUICE in it.

You say you do what you believe and you never said it was the truth. Well I believe in wheatgrass and I believe in what teloking says and it has helped me alot.

Ya people can run their own business how they want and I agree 100% with teloking. I do believe feelings go into food and even appliances cause everything in the world has vibrations and well you seem very hostile and very arrogent to me.

I want good vibrations in my food and stuff I buy and the best I can do is avoid ones I know are bad. And that would definately include anything from you.

Posted by: singinraw ()
Date: May 08, 2006 05:13PM

oh and about promoting the rawfood diet.

I was straying very far from the rawfood diet and teloking really helped me get back to it and has been very nice and very patient with me and its really helped me alot. IMO that is the best way anyone can promote the raw diet is to help another really succeed at it. There is nothing more kind and noble than helping another turn their life around and help them find their way to true long lasting health. Its the nicest thing anyone can do for another.

I would have just turned and run the other way if I had gone to you for help wannabe100%raw. Your hostility would have made me turn away and never look back.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/08/2006 05:21PM by singinraw.

Posted by: learningtofly ()
Date: May 08, 2006 10:05PM

Awesome posts Sing!

Posted by: Oneris ()
Date: May 08, 2006 10:18PM

And actually, wheatgrass IS good for high bloodpressure. It helps break up the cholesterol clogging the arteries, not to mention alkalizes the system, negating the original cause of that cholesterol buildup. Also softens the hardened arteries allowing them to relax and expand, thus lowering the blood pressure.

And raw honey isn't really good for anyone. Have you ever seen what sugar does to the blood under a microscope? Red blood cells slow waaaay down like they're half asleep. The average adult body can only store 2,500 calories of sugar energy at any given time, while it can store 150,000 calories of fat energy.

Check out some better books than your ONE from qigong.com...

Slow Burn, by Stu Mittleman
Living Foods for Optimum Health, by Brian R. Clement

Date: May 08, 2006 11:11PM

Oneris, gonnabe's post about wheatgrass and blood pressure was about LOW blood pressure, not high. I'm new to all this and don't know if he's right or not, but I think you misread his post.

Date: May 09, 2006 02:03AM

awwwwwwwww, thanks sing for the kind words. hahahahhahahaha, sweet.
You know you have it within you, the knowledge and the strength to do well.
I've learned much from you also. smiling smiley

gonnabe, can I ask why you say people with low blood pressure shouldn't have wheatgrass juice? From what I understand, having low blood pressure isn't so much a bad thing as much as the fact that it indicates there are underlying problems you've yet to know about.

Following is a very good article from the home page about wheatgrass juice. If you have any information at all anywhere where it talks about the negative effects of wheatgrass juice I would love to read about it. Any book, any link, anything, anywhere. Because I adore wheatgrass juice and think it is one of the best things ever!!!!
Wheatgrass does do a body good.
I'm curious as to what your opinion is of Ann Wigmore and all the health institutes which use wheatgrass juice as part of their therapy.

INFORMATION ON WHEATGRASS
Wheatgrass is one of the so-called green foods that are valued by health-conscious individuals as great natural source of nutrients. In Juice form it contains 70% chlorophyll, which is often referred to as the blood of plant life. It closely resembles the molecules of’ human red blood cells. Chlorophyll has been shown to produce an unfavorable environment for bacterial growth in the body and therefore effective in increasing the body's resistance to illness.

Wheatgrass is considered to be a complete food in itself. The fact is that one pound of fresh wheatgrass is equivalent in nutritional value to 23 pounds of choice garden vegetables. Due to its fibrous nature, which is indigestible by humans, wheatgrass must be liquefied before it can be consumed

Wheat grass is known as an alternative cancer therapy. Drinking of wheat grass juice helps your body to build red blood cells which carry oxygen to every cell. By increasing the oxygenation the body you can help offset smog and carbon monoxide and increase your endurance during physical exercise.

Wheat grass has been found to dissolve scars formed in the lungs and in addition helps wash drug deposits from the body, purifies the blood and organs and counteracts acids and toxins in the body. It helps to increase the enzyme level in our cells, aiding in the rejuvenation of the body and the metabolism of nutrients These enzymes help to disolve tumors.

This nutrient-rich grass contains 17 amino acids which are the building blocks of proteins. The body uses these amino adds for, things like building, muscle tissue, repairing cells, and clotting the blood. Wheatgrass retains 92 of the 102 minerals found in the soil. These minerals include calcium, phosphorus, iron magnesium and potassium. It is a rich natural source of vitamins A and C. Wheatgrass has more vitamin C than oranges and twice the vitamin A as carrots. It is exceptionally rich in vitamins E, K, and B-complex. It is also a natural source of laetrile (B-17). Dr. Chiu Nan Lai of the University of Texas has found that wheatgrass produces an immunization effect against many dietary carcinogens.

Date: May 11, 2006 02:35AM

bump

wannabe, I'm still waiting for some info about the wheatgrass. smiling smiley

Date: May 15, 2006 03:46AM

I am going by the book that I read about the wheatgrass. I trust a book written by a PHD who is into raw foods who does research and testing on what they talk about instead of some author that makes a general statement that wheatgrass is good for you..

Also.. the RawfoodAdvantage.com website is slightly changed so that so many people won't be pissed off.

ps. Whats wrong with giving out free raw food books to people or leaving them on the sidewalk for people to pick up. These people have never heard of the living foods diet. I give them my cost on any item they need if they found out about the raw food diet because of me... I don't understand why other people are calling me and complaining that they paid our regular price for a k tec blender and then find out that I sell them cheaper to those that I want to sell cheaper to who I told about the raw food diet..
Who says I can't do charity work. If someone is willing to pay for a blender which they really cant afford and then tell me they cant afford any books... whats wrong with giving them free?

This battle over pricing or de-valuing the merchandise is between me and other merchants.. not me (or any of the websites that I am associated with) between the buyer.

If someone gets the "privelege" to get my cost on something.. its because I like them. Also.. if someone doesn't agree with my "juicing" philosophy I will still sell them the juicer but they will pay regualar price unless they can prove to me that they are using it for the right purposes..

No one needs to tell me how to run my business. There is no right or wrong..

Date: May 15, 2006 03:54AM

also.. if you were going to buy a juicer.. and you thought it was the best thing for you... would you want a store to just tell you what you want to hear or tell you their opinion even if it means you not buying from them.

I honestly don't care if someone buys from me or not.. and anyone that has bought from us knows that. I decide if I sell to someone. And its not a power trip either.. I just am not going to sell to someone who I think is going down the wrong path towards the raw diet. If they dont like my opinions they can buy elsewhere and pay more. I guess in a way my willingness to price my equipment on a sliding scale is a source of power and the customers have the power to let me tell them my philosophy on the diet. I can't tell people about it if there are no listeners just as they can't buy from someone without them being willing to sell.

Although I don't mind doing charity work I do ask people to listen to me and if the don't want to follow it then thats their choice..

Date: May 15, 2006 06:24AM

gonnabe100%raw Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Although I don't mind doing charity work I do ask
> people to listen to me and if the don't want to
> follow it then thats their choice..

Evenidently people are listening. This is the most popular thread on this forum. Perhaps that will ever exist on this forum (unless it gets a MAJOR overhaul).

Date: May 16, 2006 01:17AM

gonnabe,

<<<<<< I am going by the book that I read about the wheatgrass. I trust a book written by a PHD who is into raw foods who does research and testing on what they talk about >>>>>>

Please, what is the name of the book and the name of the PHD?
I would very much like to read this book as I have yet to find one which talks negatively about wheatgrass.

Date: May 16, 2006 12:27PM

the guy who wrote the books is on qigong.com.

Date: June 01, 2006 01:09PM

The rawfoodAdvantage.com site is modified and toned down. Its not like it was before. It was never meant to offend anybody.

La Vie....I couldn't agree with you more....
Posted by: Piano Gal ()
Date: June 01, 2006 02:38PM

I'm chuckling....someone posted about Tom Billings who embodies, to my view, the energy of "anti" - in this case, all raw. But "anti" energy is "anti" energy. And in this thread, to my view, like obedient little sheepies, we all took on TB's "antitude" and either turned it on each other or something else. It's funny to me. Predictable. We may as well have made love with TB, we've become that much one with him in the psirit of this thread.

I always chuckled in my heart when I heard politics touting, "The war on drugs" or "Just say no." It didn't work. War is war. Whatever you fight, you give you living substance of attention to. Whatever you give your substance to grows. YOu feed it with your attention. In fighting things, we grow the very thing we're trying to rid ourselves of.

I've found it more potent, more effective, to ignore what I don't wish to expand in the world, at least for starters, and give the substance of my attention, care and energy to what IS working that is true and right. It is like watering the blooms. They grow, and ultimately crowd out the weeds.

My experience anway.

With love,

Piano Gal

Date: June 05, 2006 02:18AM

I am glad the hate mail finally stopped.... I guess I PROOVED my point.

Date: June 19, 2006 04:37AM

Someone called this weekend and said they are going to see to it that the manufactors will stop selling to me....

Whoever left that on my answering machine.... dont you think after 3 years of selling rawfood equipment that people have tried to do this...

they like me.. I sell more than any store on the net. I am number one on most of the search engines and don't even pay attention to what it costs to advertise.

If you think they will listen to you then go for it... join the crowd.

Posted by: luna_sky_1 ()
Date: June 20, 2006 01:52AM

I've heard of reverse psycology, but this is going WAY over board. piss them off they buy from me???? WTF???? opinions are like a$$ holes- every body's got one. I geuss some just don't agree with yours. HMMMM........

Posted by: hdickens ()
Date: May 14, 2013 10:10PM

I just want to add my personal experience with Juicing which nearly killed me.

Like many others, I accepted the advertising and hype on the benefits of Juicing, and began juicing orange juice, grapefruit and a wide assortment of citrus foods and vegetables. After several weeks, I felt terrible and felt like my body was turning on me. I went to the Veterans' Administration and they ran several tests on me. I was stunned with the results...

My Pancreas and Liver were barely functioning and I would have been dead if I were to continue Juicing for another month.
The Veteran's Administration put me on the correct path and I will never juice again. They told me that our bodies are designed to process sugars by eating fruit which assimilates the sugar gradually into the body. Juicing actually overloads the body with massive amounts of sugar, which the human body was never designed to handle.

I strongly recommend to everyone to eat fruit and avoid Juicing before it causes significant damage to your body. Juicing is just plain BAD for the human body and should be avoided - period......

Pages: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables