Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

RC Dini, the fruitarian?
Posted by: coconutcream ()
Date: April 21, 2006 08:28PM

any body know what's up with RC Dini, the fruitarian?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: RC Dini, the fruitarian?
Posted by: rawmark ()
Date: April 22, 2006 12:55AM

Coconut,

Don't be mislead. All of those guys that founded NFL, and plagiarized their first book, Nature's First Law, are all fakes. They don't practice what they preach and don't follow the diets they prescribe. It's all a marketing ploy to put more $$$'s in their pockets. This is why S. Arlin is well over 300 lbs. If he was truly following a model of health he would look more like Mike Nash, who is an excellent example of a raw fooder in good health and shape.

Peace,

Marcos

Go Vegan for your life, your health, the planet and, most importantly, the animals that we share this wonderful world with!

Date: April 26, 2006 12:27PM

I'm inclined to agree...here's an interview from back in the day!

Read it the look at what they sell on their site....just don't make sense!!!

[www.rawfoodlife.com]

Date: April 27, 2006 01:43AM

Thanks for posting that eye opening interview. Funny how much their tune has changed since giving it. Also, I love how they brag about how great "their" book is when it really wasn't theirs to begin with. Ha Ha. Now, how do you spell drug peddler? Well, in a nutshell, three letters: NFL.

Peace,

Marcos

Go Vegan for your life, your health, the planet and, most importantly, the animals that we share this wonderful world with!

Date: April 27, 2006 02:09AM

There's many more where that came from! (smile)

Date: April 27, 2006 02:12AM

This was when DW was into Fruitarianism.

[www.vegparadise.com]

Date: April 27, 2006 02:21AM

Date: April 27, 2006 07:16PM

Hey Guy,

Thanks a bunch. Couldn't read the first one since I'm not a fruitarian and/or registered with that site. The other two spoke volumes to me.

More people need to come on to this board a read this stuff.

Peace,

Marcos

Posted by: pdx kris ()
Date: April 27, 2006 07:59PM

What is your position on spirulina and blue green algae?

Stephen: We don't promote consuming anything that has been denatured -- even in the slightest bit. Pills and powders are not natural, of course. If you want to eat algae, go to a lake and eat raw algae as other natural creatures do. All the information and pseudo-science fed to the masses about the supposed "benefits" of these denatured supplements is erroneous, hypothetical, and inspired by greed. To say that a pill or powder is beneficial is saying that Nature has made an error by not offering us these foods in a processed, refined state -- which, of course, is ridiculous.

Wow, they sure have come a long way, haven't they....

Date: April 27, 2006 09:04PM

lol. They're major hipocrates. Personally, I've been taking e3live for a few years now and will take it until I die. All they do is pump their drugs into the marketplace all in the name of good health. Ha!

Peace,

Marcos

Date: April 27, 2006 11:11PM

Yeah sorry...the first one was my site...

I started as a Fruitarian at about the same time he went raw and I'm amazed at how much they have changed as they have grown.....it's kinda bad because the newbies don't really know any better and buy their stuff by the ton.

I guess we all gotta make money some how.

Date: April 27, 2006 11:32PM

I think this is one of the new ones.

[www.davidwolfe.com]

Date: April 27, 2006 11:36PM

This is why I believe that we should all just listen to our bodies.

I'm not knocking DW because every one's gotta make a living but I just think it's sad because people rely on his word and have spent a lot of money because of it!

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 28, 2006 12:04AM

Maybe they really believe in what they're doing.

Like a homeless man who laughs in the face of rain finally realizing "hey, it might help if I have an umbrella". So he gets one and noticing such a difference that he starts selling them.

Do you guys get your kicks from putting down others who disagree with your stances? Do people not have the right to change their mind?

Posted by: Funky Rob ()
Date: April 28, 2006 02:38AM

Right on Narz. Ten years ago I ate a SAD diet and though nothing was wrong with it. Now, I've studied loads and know a lot more about what is good to eat. Just because some people wrote a book about how they felt at the time doesn't mean they can't do more research and and have more experiences and form new opinions.

Rob

--
Rob Hull - Funky Raw
My blog: [www.rawrob.com]

Date: April 28, 2006 03:58PM

Rob,

The whole deal is that the book that they labeled as their own was not written by them. They just claimed it as such. So, they appeared as hippocrates when they changed their song because they didn't really believe what they had written since they never wrote it. Get it? They just applied their names and new book title.

Marcos

Posted by: Funky Rob ()
Date: April 29, 2006 12:35AM

Well, acording to David Wolfe, in the interview on Raw Vegan Radio, they credit the original author at the begining. This is true for the reprint I looked in but whether it was in the original, I don't know.

But whatever, surely they could have agreed with it when they published that book and now with more research and experience have come to different conclusions?

Rob

--
Rob Hull - Funky Raw
My blog: [www.rawrob.com]

Date: April 29, 2006 02:14AM

Hey Rob,

The story goes that NFL published the book without letting anyone know that they had basically taken AT Hovanessian's book and replaced the cover, and rewritten a few paragraphs to make it their own. However, someone reported them to the library of congress and after that, because of an agreement they made, they have to mention the original author as the major source or who knows what would happen. Of course, the accountable thing to do would have been to pull the book and apologize to all of their customers for deceiving them but, of course, how much does this happen in real life?

Peace,

Marcos

Date: March 21, 2007 06:21AM

I read AT hovessian's book, I did not remember it as similar to nature's first law militant philosophy.

I do remember Raw power by arlin being exactly word for word of nature's first law books though. But it had very unique and interesting passages as well

RC dini was a nut,for sure, but I do GET his humour. He had a billion websites all talking about different things and it was very original and passionate abotu raw foods.. They are not around anymore, I wish I had photocopied them!

Raw courage you can read online. tell me, it is original and unique no?

[www.tierversuchsgegner.org]

Click above here

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/21/2007 06:24AM by coconutcream.

Posted by: anaken ()
Date: March 23, 2007 02:54AM

from RC..

"Here's a simple way to dry fast... Wake up in the morning and go back to sleep. Try to get 2 or 3 or 4 more hours of sleep or as many as you can. Because sleep is so important to the healing process I try to sleep as long as I can once a week. Sometimes it's hard, sometimes it's impossible because when raw who needs that much sleep anyway!? So when you wake up in the morning go right back to sleep. Read a few pages from a bible or some other cook book. That's good to close your eyes for at least one more hour."

haha

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: March 23, 2007 05:25AM

i read it a while back
it was .... hmmmmm... yep

i like the chapter about the aspen tree
that was my favorite

i probably appreciated his sense of humor the most
and his enthusiasm

Date: March 23, 2007 06:30AM

I love to sleep, since I took the Landmark Forum I can sleep amazingly. What I do is I just be..
Hard to explain. I just am. I have freed myself from all thought and just love the black void that is sleep and I love it. I love sleeping.

Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: March 23, 2007 04:20PM

Boy, he's somethin'. I don't know how long it will take me to read it because I have 3 kids and a farm, but so far I find it fun. Crazy fun. I like Chapter 5 "Mother's Milk." I felt my milk coming up just reading it. TMI? HA HA

I slept like that BC (before children). I miss it.

Posted by: anaken ()
Date: March 23, 2007 04:39PM

I think small doses is probably advised, I mean every other sentence is 'cooked food is poison'. its the raw food version of the subliminal torture in 'A Clockwork Orange' thats what Dini should have called his book...haha he could have 'plagiarized' it. Personally I agree plagiarism is a cooked-thought kinda of concept. always have. its all degrees of ownership, access, and disruption. unless you are in highschool and plagiarize a paper and don't learn a dam thing.

I think the relating of 'dry-fasting' to sleeping is interesting. I've already been doing that as much as possible! I was laughing at 'read a cookbook' which i'm sure he is implying any book that isn't his haha

but yeah, small doses. sifting through it is fun.

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: March 23, 2007 05:52PM

wonder where he is now?
funny guysmiling smiley
heh heh

i like funny people
wunder whyyyy

Posted by: doghouse reilly ()
Date: March 24, 2007 01:30AM

coconutcream, some of his websites are still out there. Try www.becuteeatfruit.com

Date: March 25, 2007 12:11AM

I love this from becuteeatfruit "Here's a Raw Courage Challenge to you: Do you know how pineapple is designed to be eaten? Barehanded pineapple eating is an extraordinary experience. Revolutionary in fact. Right up there with eating watermelon barehandedly! When perfectly ripe, a small amount of pressure on the individual hexagonal sections break away from the whole into bite-sized, cone-shaped morsels, from skin to core. I'm reminded of the Halloween candy corn I used to stuff into my mouth ~ only slightly larger. BUT this sweet treat is no trick ~ it's the real deal! I'm talkin' Good Mood Food! I'm talkin' guilt free decadence! I'm talkin' about the food our human LIFEFORCE essence is designed to feed on and be fueled by. A perfectly ripe pineapple is something else entirely. It's luscious Living Nutrition! A Paradise Perfection!

"

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables