Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Water filter?
Posted by: Alena ()
Date: April 22, 2006 10:33PM

I used to buy bottled water to drink, but I can frequently taste plastic from the bottles; wallet and consciousness (no recycling in Moble, AL) prevent me from buying water in glass. Any advise on what kind of water filter should I buy?
My priorities are first, the quality of water and second, ease of maintenance (will I have to change the filter every day?)
Alena

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Water filter?
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 27, 2006 04:22AM

Hi Alena,

It's great that you noticed the poor quality of bottled water. You are not alone. Some companies use ozone for killing the bacteria in their water; says right on the bottle.

The poor quality plastic bottles are only used to prop up the water. And after 72 hours in the plastic, who knows what bacteria lurks in the water. And how much of the plastic molecules have seeped into the water.

I share the same priorities for water. A couple of years ago I splurged and bought the Cadillac of water treatment systems. Originally used in Asia for many years, and now available in North America. I am very happy with it and highly recommend it. I even bought a system for my mother because her health is important to me.

Ever heard of hexagonal water? Just like nature's snowflakes are hexagonal (six sided), this water is as close to nature as possible. And it's more recognized by our body, so it absorbs readily into the cells of your body. It's clean, mineralized and energized. The result: body will use less energy to absorb it, begin to detoxify, reverse aging (Reverse Aging by Sang Y. Whang).

You'll want to read more about the water: [www.e-nikken.com]

You'll want to read more about the Optimizer, which super-oxygenates the water and makes it hexagonal: [www.e-nikken.com]

I have a countertop model that attaches to my kitchen faucet. The filters are changed about once per year.

For a preview of all the companies products [www.nikken.com]

Hope this helps,
Beanie

Date: April 27, 2006 04:59PM

Sounds interesting. Thanks for those links!

Posted by: rawmark ()
Date: April 27, 2006 07:12PM

I'm a big advocate of whole house reverse osmosis machines. Many of them will not only treat your water by reverse osmosis but also filter it and kill more bacteria through ultraviolet lighting. This is the better type of device to own. Setting it up can be a bit tricky. Also, make sure you get one that offers you different size gallon units. For example, you may want a 10 gallon, twenty gallon, etc., unit.

Cheers,

Marcos

Go Vegan for your life, your health, the planet and, most importantly, the animals that we share this wonderful world with!

Posted by: cleanjan ()
Date: April 28, 2006 12:17AM

Beanie, I reveiwed all the info, but was not able to see about ordering, it sounds great! Jan

Date: April 28, 2006 04:25AM

I forgot to mention a very important aspect that makes this water different from bottled, distilled, reverse osmosis, municipal tap, brita: It is ALKALINE in pH; drinking alkaline water has many health benefits.

Sang Wang, an engineer, scientist, and inventor with many US patents and author of Reverse Aging explains [www.heartspring.net]

Please do your research before you invest in a system.

Google is great for checking out "ionized water", "hexagonal water", "PiMag water".

Hope this helps,

Beanie

Posted by: rawmark ()
Date: April 28, 2006 06:43PM

beanie,

you can put a wedge of lemon in water and change it to alkaline. Nothing difficult about that at all. Also, adding salt to water, as I do, makes it alkaline and much healthier than just plain water.

Peace,

Marcos

Go Vegan for your life, your health, the planet and, most importantly, the animals that we share this wonderful world with!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables