Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

healing from candida/leaky gut/allergies with 811rv
Posted by: chiquita ()
Date: April 23, 2006 08:44AM

i am currently using the 811rv (81-10-10 raw vegan) approach to heal from candida, leaky gut and allergies. its going quite well for me, but i was wondering if there was anyone out there doing the same thing?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: healing from candida/leaky gut/allergies with 811rv
Posted by: Ani ()
Date: April 23, 2006 10:29AM

I went one step further and have cut out all overt fats three months ago. I get severe headaches and bloating from avocados and after some research have decided to cut them out completely. I´m doing much more better without fats: more energy, no digestive upset...

In a german raw food board someone discussed avocaods containing polysaccharides (mannoheptulose), which like inulin should better be avoided when You have digestive issues. Inulin feeds harmful bacteria. See: [www.breakingtheviciouscycle.info]

I wonder if anyone else avoids fats at all?

Date: April 23, 2006 12:14PM

Thanks for the link. I also eat no overt fats - no avocado, durian, coconut, nuts/seeds, olives or oils. I have tried various traditional and then alternative solutions, the anti=candida diet and various supplements, but this didn't help and i was so tired i couldn't do anything. anyhow at a certain point i went back to raw vegan as i had been years before and was 90% raw vegan for 3 months, but symptoms continued. then i tried 99% for 6 months, and actually got worse. i had been reading up on all the anti-candida possibilities plus looking into the biochemistry part where i mostly ended up reading things about diabetes, insulin, blood sugar levels and the influence of fat in the bloodstream. this is when i found the 811rv approach. After 4 days of not having any fats and getting nearly all of my calories from fruit (and the rest from greens) I felt wonderful and was able to run 6km - i hadn't done that in over a year! so now i am still learning about what does and doesn't work - for me i've found that raw corn, vinegar and the combination of bananas and oranges don't work. i am curious what others have found with this approach.

Posted by: Funky Rob ()
Date: April 23, 2006 01:36PM

Our brains are made from fats. We need some fats in our diet.

Rob

--
Rob Hull - Funky Raw
My blog: [www.rawrob.com]

Date: April 23, 2006 06:03PM

of course we need some fat smiling smiley but without eating any overt fats i easily get 5% of my calories from fat, besides fruit i eat loads of greens and nonstarchy vegetables. i seriously love nuts and avocados, but the only problem is that most every diet i have tried so far makes me extremely nauseous. i could hardly keep anything down. i am so glad that i have found something that works for me. and i do hope that in the future i will be able to include some fatty foods, but for the next few months i am just really glad to have my life back plus so much extra energy!

Posted by: pdx kris ()
Date: April 23, 2006 07:47PM

I eat a diet similar to 8/1/1 but with a few modifications. I did it to the tee and found that it was a little too low in fat for me (I'm about 15-20% now) and I also do a lot of juicing, which Graham is mostly opposed to. I do really well on a high fruit diet, but find that I do GREAT when I'm drinking a lot of green juices too.

Date: April 24, 2006 01:13PM

in my personal experience juicing is a really nice 'supplement'. if you're not healthy or far behind (which is probably still the partially the case for me) then i think its a great way to get plenty of readily absorbable vitamins and minerals. so, i will consider adding a daily green juice again. thanks.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables