Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Organic Thailand
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 23, 2006 12:52PM

Agriculture is Thailand's #1 industry making it the perfect victim for the agro-chemical industry. After WWII, the companies persuaded the majority to buy their products with the illusion of profit increase. Unfortunately, Thais are unanimous in nature. Only a few of the wise, older generation knew the consequences of chemical use and maintained their traditional farming.

About 99% of the food grown in Thailand is inorganic and very toxic. The watermelons are injected with red coloring. Most of the corn is GM. Many farmers apply 2-10 times more pesticides than recommended because they ignore the instructions. Durians are especially drenched. Europe even sent back a case because of the high chemical content. Farmers light fields of sugarcane on fire to burn the dead leaves which makes harvesting easier. If you buy fresh pressed sugarcane juice, it is probably not raw. The market food in Thailand has made me very sick. It is extremely difficult to find organic fruit and veggies in the fresh markets. I knew there was some way to obtain organic. My determination has prevailed.

I am now a member of an organization that is associated with almost every organic farm that exists in Thailand. I have visited several farms and observed their dedication to growing poison-free food. People from about 10 different countries come to attend their training courses on sustainable agriculture. Their website is www.asoke.info Click on Insight Into Santi Asoke.

Right now i am staying in Rayong and Chanthaburi which grow massive amounts of fruit. If you come to one of these provinces in the next 2 months, i can supply you with organic durian, mangosteen, rubutan, dragonfruit, mango, long kong, pineapple, jackfruit, banana, coconut, and other tropical fruits. If you come to another part Thailand now or anytime in the future, i can supply you with organic fruit and vegetables from nearby farms.

Many people come to Thailand wanting to eat organic but dont where to go. They are forced to buy whatever is available in the markets. If you seek out chemical-free food in Thailand, I may be your organic guide.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Organic Thailand
Posted by: ThomasLantern ()
Date: April 23, 2006 10:20PM

Cool, thanks... if I ever end up in Thailand I will contact you smiling smiley

Posted by: mallow ()
Date: April 24, 2006 01:33AM

anyway you can ship us stuff? what would prices be like?

Date: May 04, 2006 06:53AM

The main center of Asoke is in Bangkok shared with the Vegetarian Socieity of Thailand. They have a vegan restaurant that serves 100% organic food. The address is:

67/48-49 Soi Nawamin 44-46
Thanon Nawamin
Khlonggum Bunggum Bangkok 10240
Tel. 02-374-5230 ex. 164

The organic store is located right next it. It has the biggest selection of organic fruits and vegetalbes i have seen in Thailand. The restaurant is open from 6am to 2pm and closed Mondays. I dont know what the hours are for the store but it is probably similar.

Shipping is a challenge. I must learn about the export rules and regulations. Someone told i must get a permit to ship fresh produce.

Posted by: cherimoya ()
Date: May 06, 2006 05:32AM

Do you know anyplace in Northern Thailand that has organic fruit? I can get all the organic veggies here but not a lot of fruit just some passion fruit and oranges in season.

cherimoya

Date: May 25, 2006 05:59PM

I just found out the hours for the organic store next to the restaurant. 6-11am, closed 9-11 for brunch, and reopen from 11-4pm.

If you are in Thailand the farms can probably deliver to you if the order is large enough.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables