Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Bought my first young cococut last night.
Posted by: rawjay ()
Date: September 27, 2007 04:53PM

I searched the asian markets last night after work to find some. One market had really small ones, and the next had good sized ones. Its funny the weird looks i get when i go in there, like theyve never seen a white redhead before haha. I was amazed at how much liquid was in the first one, must have been a good 16oz of fresh coconut water. Boy was it good. I let my younger sister try some (Im trying to get her on the raw path), but she literally spit the small sip she took back in the cup. The poor girl grew up on kool aid and its time to change that.

Re: Bought my first young cococut last night.
Posted by: Rawrrr! ()
Date: September 27, 2007 06:22PM

I grew up on Koolaide, too. There is hope for her. smiling smiley

Posted by: Faithfully10 ()
Date: September 27, 2007 11:06PM

I guess I will goggle my area for Asian markets so I can find young coconut. Can I ask how much you paid?

Posted by: rawjay ()
Date: September 28, 2007 03:42PM

There were 2 different brands at this market i went to. They were both priced at $1.47 each. Good deal i think. Now i just need a hatchet to break into easier. There should be some kind of sharp metal straw that you can hammer into it. That would be nice because you would still keep it air tight. I thought i saw something about nutrients diminishing very quickly when exposed to oxygen hmmm.

Posted by: GypsyArdor ()
Date: September 28, 2007 07:19PM

Congratulations on getting your first baby coconut!! I know how exciting it is--I'll never forget my first coconut and then the stage I went through when I was transitioning to raw with the young coconuts enticing me with the happy feelings gave to me :-D

Enjoy!

Love,

Gypsy

Date: September 28, 2007 09:49PM

Here is a website on how to open a coconut.

[rawfoodmedia.com]

Posted by: Darren ()
Date: September 30, 2007 06:00AM

Hi there...I bought a nice coconut the other day and it did have a full 16oz of milk in it.....I drank it right up and then ate the meat....sooooooo good!

Posted by: Mama Cass ()
Date: September 30, 2007 09:56PM

i love raw coconut- and the juice is amazing.

i pay 1.99 for each of mine, but my husband and i stand in the kitchen and pass the cup back and forth mmmmming and yumming.

but whenever i eat the meat- it tastes funny, and i feel sick.

any ideas on why?

peace-

Posted by: imfree ()
Date: September 30, 2007 10:08PM

I love these.

I pour the water into a blender, scoop out the meat and add it into the blender, then a bit of vanilla bean and (your choice of) non white sugar sweetener.

It's a milkshake. I could drink these all day.

Posted by: karennd ()
Date: October 01, 2007 04:49AM

mama cass, maybe the coconut meat is too much fat for you and is hard to digest. I started feeling sick once too from eating coconut meat. I hear the young coconuts have very little meat (just a thin lining) and lots of coconut milk and vice versa for the older ones. Did yours have a thin lining of meat?

Posted by: Mama Cass ()
Date: October 06, 2007 06:22PM

thin rubbery, not very tasty lining.

kinda a weird aftertaste-

and a tummy ache.

i've eaten a lot of old coconuts and never had a problem, so this is odd to me.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables