Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

favorite fall and winter raw foods?
Posted by: ambaryarena ()
Date: October 04, 2007 12:40AM

I live in Minnesota and am feeling the fall definetely here and winter creeping closer - especially in the evenings.

This will be my first fall and winter seasons raw. Any suggestions for food you enjoy when the harvest is not so bountiful? Any favorite recipes you'd be willing to share with one soon-to-be-cold raw foodie smiling smiley ?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: favorite fall and winter raw foods?
Posted by: Peony ()
Date: October 04, 2007 01:13AM

Hi there - I'm in the Midwest as well. One thing I do in winter is drink green rooibos tea. Not technically raw, but good for you, in my opinion. It helps with warmth. I also allow myself some miso soup. It's warming, as well. I also plan to try more raw recipes with squash - Ani Phyo has a squash rice that sounds intriguing. Another thing is if I make raw lasagna or even zuchinni noodles, I stick them in the dehydrator for a bit to take the cold edge off. I also love citrus in the winter!

Anyway - if you are 100% you may not appreciate some of these ideas, but it's how I deal with it. If I think of anything else I'll let you know! I ate at Ecopolitan once a couple of years ago... is it still open??

Posted by: Mislu ()
Date: October 04, 2007 02:59AM

Yeah, this is a question that I am wondering about myself as well. I think I will be drinking hot water to keep warm, if I think I need that. But its interesting that I'm not as bundled up as other people I see around here, who I assume are on sad.

I am looking forward to persimmons and cranberries etc as the fall and winter approaches.

Posted by: the enchantress ()
Date: October 04, 2007 04:28AM

I LOVE apples this time of year! Munching on a Honeycrisp as I type...Pears are nice too, and plums. Anything that can be paired with cinnamon winking smiley.

Posted by: rawgosia ()
Date: October 04, 2007 07:12AM

Sweet navel oranges!

RawGosia channel
RawGosia streams

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: October 04, 2007 09:03PM

Persimmons are my favorite fall food. I like both the fuyu and hachiya persimmons. Also towards the end of fall comes the satsuma and murcott tangerines. Yum!

Posted by: uma ()
Date: October 05, 2007 01:29AM

And when even everything else runs out, citrus keeps getting better and better. Also bananas are a big staple of mine in the winter, along with dates. I also make heavier things like sunburgers every once in a while and tend to eat more fat in general in the winter.

Posted by: roxeli ()
Date: October 05, 2007 01:35AM

Pomegranates.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables