Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Starting my own business
Posted by: boyd ()
Date: October 09, 2007 06:55PM

Hey people, how are ya?

Im a 21 year postman in the UK, Its ok to laff, its funny smiling smiley

Ive always wanted to start my own business, until a few months ago i had a few ideas here and there but nothing of great value. It suddenly came to me that there isnt alot of smoothie bars here in the UK. So it hit me that i should take advantage of that right away. My mum always taught me to do something i love, and i love health, and smoothies so made sense grinning smiley

So anyway i started on my business plan, come up with some really good ideas with my mate. After a few days of brainstorming etc, i came up with something i thought would be more efficient ( as theres 2 smoothies bars in close vacinity to where i want to start) and that concept was a smoothie superfood bar. What that means is, Of corse I sell smoothies, but i also wana sell sandwhiches with "healthy fillings" e.g sprouts! Superfoods that would be sold are the obvious maca, cacao etc.

Im just so interested in these superfoods as i feel they have changed my life! I would also have some raw foods on the menu other then the fruits in the smoothies, and the others just mentioned.

I believe the UK's fast food industry is disgusting, i feel sorry for the people who just havent seen the light, we all deserve better health, would be nice to contribute to helping them get fitter whilst helping save the planet at the same time.

Thats all im going to go into for now, i could just talk about it ALL NIGHT! Had a really REALLY long weekend partying all over england too hha so im kinda tired! Plus the strikes at work end tonite and its back to my slave job tomorow grr.

The purpose of this email was to just ask you guys, what you think about my business idea? Would you like to see more of these outlets in your area? want to know about my chairty? Anyone wana contribute some thought and ideas feel welcome! Dont worry if your unsure if ive already thought about it, just send them smiling smiley

Thanks for reading grinning smiley

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Starting my own business
Date: October 09, 2007 07:03PM

Also if you want to email me you can... ahernster@hotmail.co.uk

cheers

Posted by: aquadecoco ()
Date: October 09, 2007 08:42PM

I just deleted a long post to you. ARgh.

It sounds great to offer both raw and regular foods - will expose lots of people to raw and maybe launch them on their own raw journey.

Posted by: karennd ()
Date: October 09, 2007 08:53PM

Sounds great! Is there any way to do research to find out what kind of market there is for this in your area?

Posted by: m ()
Date: October 09, 2007 10:36PM

there is a cafe called "The Blossoming Lotus" in Portland, Oregon. they do a combination of vegan and raw food...it seems like they do great in that area!

best of luck...sounds like a good plan. in my humble opinion...you'll succeed if you put your heart into it!

love,
*m*

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: October 10, 2007 07:34AM

hey boyd

your heart will take you farrrrr...

and it will show in your business and how u treat your customers

have a blast!

btw, concerning your "slave job", just see it as GREAT EXERCISE! that you get paid to do

Date: October 10, 2007 02:29PM

Thanks everyone!

Reading all your positive replies has certainly moved me smiling smiley

As for market research, its been pretty easy for me, ive worked out how much i can make in a year (roughly) How much i can raise for chairty etc etc.. Ive spent alot of time, dare i say "spying" on other smoothie bars! yep im a bad boy, a very bad boy hehe!

Just keeping an open mind, nothings ever "final" in the food industry. I dont care if i make just enough money to break even, it would be nice just to just do the job smiling smiley

cheers people!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables