Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Cravings - how long??!!!
Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: October 26, 2007 05:46AM

Novelista,

By the way, congrats on coming back to raw, and also for choosing 80/10/10. While getting used to no eating spices and condiments is a bit challenging, this diet is the only raw diet that I've seen that people quit thinking and feeling like they need something extra to feel better. By something extra I mean all the supplements and superfoods.

I do remember those talks we had at the East bay potlucks. Are they still happening nowadays? I also remember that at the time, raw wasn't working for you. 80/10/10 is a great way to feel good all the time on the raw diet, except when your body goes into deep detox, which it will. When my body finally decided to heal its chronic fatigue, I was unable to work for months (well I could have if I really wanted to, but I didn't really want to, so I didn't).

Like Nora mentioned, don't get to hung up on going to 10% fat right away. When I did that initially, it felt too controlling for me, and I found that 20% was quite easeful. And after 2 years, without even trying, I found myself consuming under 10% fat. Nowadays, I'm probably eating under 7%, and its totally effortless.

One thing that helps is to have days of no overt fats, so your body gets a chance to see what that feels like. And as you experience those non-fat days, and notice how you feel, the charm of fatty meals starts to fade away.

Options: ReplyQuote
Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables