Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

I'm detoxing-Help!!
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 28, 2006 10:46PM

I went raw about a week and a half ago and today I woke up feeling like I have the flu. I don't know if it really is the flu but noone else around me is sick and I have a feeling it is detoxing. I've gone raw before and I remember detoxing but I don't remember feeling sick from it so I'm wondering if anyone else has gone through this and if so, how long does it last and should I expect anything else?

(besides today, I've been feeling great!)

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I'm detoxing-Help!!
Date: April 30, 2006 03:49AM

Okay, so I'm guessing no one has been through this since no one has relied. Well, yesterday was awful. I had a fever and the chills and felt like I was going to faint everytime I stood up. I took some collodial silver and it brought the fever down and this morning when I woke up the fever was gone but instead I've had diarreah all day. I think I was going through a rapid detox so I slowed it down and ate some cooked food. I hope that was the right choice. I don't want to feel like that again! I did some research and found out that raw nuts are highly toxic and that I should be soaking them. I should've remembered that from last time but it's been a few years. If anyone has any advice about how to handle detoxing and the best way to take it slowly, I would appreciate it. I have a sensitive system.

Posted by: ThomasLantern ()
Date: April 30, 2006 04:58AM

I have had somewhat similar detox symptoms... I've been raw for about 30+ hours, and I was raw for about 60 with a short stop a few days back... I'll keep you posted if the symptoms become stronger.

Posted by: life101 ()
Date: April 30, 2006 05:49AM

Hi Jess,

I had all sorts of detoxing symptoms. The flu was only one of them. Extreme fatigue, weakness, dizziness, feeling spacey, heart racing, major hair fall-out, etc. were others. The only thing that I can advise is to continue alkalizing your body via fruits and veggies. As you alkalize, you will get better. Also, be sure that you are taking in the proper nutrients. I only started feeling better when I supplemented. You can view your nutritional intake at [www.fitday.com]. Open a free account and plug in your data. One of the things I found was that I didn't know how bad I felt until I felt better. Most of the time, I didn't know I was feeling bad but once I correct the nutritional balance, I understood how unbalanced and under-nourished I was.

The other way you can slow down detox symptoms is by gradually becoming raw vs. going 100% right away. I found that for me as my body continues to detox, I can eliminate more cooked.

Good luck.
Therese

Date: May 02, 2006 03:30AM

Thanks Therese. That helps a lot! I will go on that website.
Today I feel great. I have been mostly raw today. I just need to make sure I'm eating my veggies. I tend to overload on the fruit.

Peace.

Date: May 02, 2006 07:43AM

Hi Jess,

Which raw foods diet plan are you following?

There are some herbs that will help you. Green juices always help.

Good luck!

Date: May 02, 2006 11:50PM

Boy I hear you about detoxing. It seems I have been detoxing off and on for two years. It is just now starting to get better. I have days where I feel like I am just "sick". Don't really know how else to explain it. When the toxins release,the liver gets bogged down and then you feel sick. The liver can't keep up.. I did a liver flush once and I felt so much better afterwards. Felt HORRIBLE during the liver flush with lemon and olive oil, but once I passed some green "stones" in my stools, I felt so wonderful... Of course I need to do it again but do not want to go through the horrible feeling again...
I am about 90% raw and I still have detox days. It takes a while to clean out decades of gunk in the body... You have to be patient. i have days now where I feel so wonderful. Each month I have more of those days.. Soon all my days will be with that feeling, that is what I am shooting for.... But I know what you mean about the detox symptoms, they can be hard to deal with especially when you have to carry one with life, work, etc... I wish it was possible for all of us to take a year or so off and go full bore on the detox with fasting, cleansing, raw, etc. but life sometimes does not work that way..So just take the good days and the bad, and accept them both... Don't try to fight it...
Loving it all......
Carlson...

Posted by: rawsome ()
Date: May 04, 2006 02:53AM

hey Carlson,
can you give me the recipe for the liver flush? did u use epson salt?

Posted by: squidmafia ()
Date: May 09, 2006 09:45PM

Wow, I feel much better now that I've found this post, and others, about the symptoms of detoxing. I definitely feel like I have the flu right now. My eyes feel warm and heavy, I'm all dizzy and schtuff, and my throat feels swollen. Been coughing a bit too.

But it's so strange, because I am wide awake and have a lot of energy, and feel good, but... bad...?! Been very high raw for the past couple of days, and not until today do I really feel queasy. I've had so much energy and have felt light and fantastic the past few days, however. Now I'm convinved this is detox, because, like others who posted in this thread, nobody else around me is sick!

So greens are a good way to curb the dizziness? I dig celery... hehe. Been drinking raw kombucha tea as well, maybe that helped bring on the detox party?

Anyways, hope whoever is in the same state gets out of it soon. Keep it up!

Posted by: sunshine79 ()
Date: May 10, 2006 01:56PM

I've been drinking raw Kombucha tea, too - love it!! it instantly gives you that light happy energetic feeling so I'm guessing it must be a super powerful detoxifier - I didn't so much get physical detox sypmptoms as this weird awful feeling of deep-down dread, like something terrible was going to happen to me. I hope that's normal!? It was really scary, it still scares me. I think I'll take it easy with the raw Kombucha from now on!

Posted by: mystic ()
Date: May 10, 2006 09:27PM

I'm going through the same thing right now too - ithcy/coughy throat, sneezing, stuffy/runny nose, fever/chills.

I fasted today on green/fruit juice, hopefully this will help the detox along.

sunshine79 - I think we can emotionally detox as well as physically, so that's probably all. It too shall pass!

~~mystic~~

Posted by: Little Bug ()
Date: May 10, 2006 09:46PM

Hey Sunshine,

I had to take myself off the kombucha too! I was turning into Rip Van Winkle, sleeping my life away in a detox coma. Very powerful stuff!

In general, detox ends up being much longer and much more intense than anyone ever told us. Oh, wait a minute, no one ever told me about detox growing up! Be gentle and patient with yourself, you are doing great work.

Re: I'm detoxing-Help!! for middle aged ACNE!
Date: May 13, 2006 11:50PM

Acne all over the face!! Help!!

Have been 97% raw since April 1, organic/non GMO since Jan 1, vegetarian and clean living for quite a number of years. I am completely broken out all over my face and the sides of my neck. Am 47, a yogi and meditator and can accept this as part of the process but some of it actually hurts.

Does anyone have a detox solution to the detox? I want to avoid acne remedies (I use organic herbal lotions a friend grows/makes and have for several years, so it's not probably that...).

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Amy

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables