Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: What's your interpretation of "Fruitarianism"?
Posted by: khale ()
Date: September 13, 2006 08:17PM

This has been great! I assumed that "Fruitarianism" was the consumption of fruit, primarily sweet fruit and NOTHING else (like David Masons diet).Frankly, I don't see the distinction between raw food vegan and fruitarian as described, they seem to indicate the exact same diet. So? Where is all the controversy coming from?

khale

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: shep252 ()
Date: September 13, 2006 10:17PM

Yeah, now we have to bump up our other topics that got scrolled down.

Posted by: rawgosia ()
Date: September 13, 2006 11:26PM

I have an aversion to this concept lol! Fruitarianism used to mean to me "deliberately avoding eating anything but fruit", and to me, this is restrictive. Now, I am finding myself eating lots of fruit. I do not delibaretely avoid other foods. In fact, I do have some greens, and I eat all fruit in the range of "botanical" fruit. I consider myself to be a fruit lover, because I find all (botanical) fruit the most appealing food in the range of raw foods. I do not find myself particualarly drawn to raw foods other than fruit and greens. This is not a delibarete, but rather, spontaneous process! So, in this sense, although becoming a raw foodist was a conscious choice, becoming a fruit lover was a spontaneous event that I observed.

Gosia

RawGosia channel
RawGosia streams

Posted by: shep252 ()
Date: September 13, 2006 11:38PM

Sorry, but maybe some of these were a good thing to bring up again. Interesting stuff I never read before.

Everyone, Forgive me for my rude comment.

Posted by: Mama Cass ()
Date: September 16, 2006 12:13AM

i think the public outcry against fruit is actually still a carryover from the SAD food world. "Fruit is sugar", "Fruit breaks down and affects the body like sugar." sugar being the toxic processed substance that the goverment creates. the general population believes a can of Juicy Juice can offer the body the same nutrition as five or six servings of fruit.

hopefully most people here (from what i can read) have known better for a long time. i went raw because i am gluten-intolerant and cannot live with the SAD diet period. raw was the result of trying to find a way to live. and i found that greens and veggies are nice, but fruit was certainly more satisfying and easy to digest. seeds and nuts are also great, but as an addition to the sweet delicious fruits. i did have the option of picking a lot of wild fruits (pears, apricots and raspberries from plants around campus at college) and using those extensively. now that's not an option, i don't find the store fruits, except apples and grapes, all that much sweeter than wild. and my body can handle them, as long as i'm eating right. meaning, raw.

veggies are nice, but humans are definately designed to eat those sweet delicious things called fruit. otherwise they wouldn't taste so good to us!

Posted by: coconutcream ()
Date: December 01, 2006 05:48PM

well they call vegetarians that who eat fish and stuff so I GURESS fruitarianism is high fruit diet, cooked or not with a smaller percentage greens and nuts.
Some fruitarians eat no nuts, others no greens..but it depends on you, the day, cravings and goals.

Posted by: ThomasLantern ()
Date: December 01, 2006 09:06PM

My interpretation is "the ability to be like this kick ass guy I know who can do all these crazy things cause he's strong like a gorilla!"

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: December 04, 2006 02:56PM

from the dawn of our primal ancestral roots- currently we are aware that we are
close to the primates, and the primates which exists today and we the human beings had same ancestors ( the current DNA analysis proves it - see "time"
magazine of last week, it has some important facts).
getting through this point, needless to say,the previous researches has it that we are close to the primates rather than the DNA analysis. so dealing about this before 6 million or so our ancestors were up above the trees enjoying the fruits.ANd due to the severe economic conditions they had to change their deit according to the objective reality of the topography in which they thrived.
health enthusiaists like robert morse and many others' have proved the relative power of fruits for human beings.
so dealing from the historical point of view nd recent findings we are frugivores, not omni vores

any queries then contact me

Date: December 04, 2006 11:22PM

yes that is true, I just read though that chimpanzees eat almost AS MUCH greens as fruit. So frugivores eat a little greens too, oh and uh a little, bark , pith and insects

My resolution for 2007 is all fruit, like 99% and then after the year is done I will see if I am missing anything or have deficiencies..doubt it, a year can't hurt at all..I am not gonna die everybody!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/04/2006 11:25PM by coconutcream.

Posted by: jadedshade ()
Date: December 05, 2006 01:40PM

It seems to me that the people having the most success staying raw or mostly raw are people eating high amounts of fruit.

Date: December 06, 2006 06:44AM

Yes.

It depends who you talk to or ask.
Every body has their scam or beliefs.

Some raw foodists think fruit is the devil. I know some. In fact I did the three month phase 1 at the Tree of Life where a few people eat that way all their life. NO FRUIT AT ALL, except for cucumbers and squash..lol

I personally have experimented and researched, thoroughly. I think high fruit is ideal for me. Those phase 1 people are VERY moody and mean sometimes..are overweight from all the nuts etc..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/06/2006 06:46AM by coconutcream.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: December 07, 2006 12:52AM

mb6606 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I am a success story. I started down the raw food
> path 30 years ago.
> New Victor Kulvinskas, Ann Wigomore, Gypsy Boots
> and many others.
>
> Realize that you have 12 bodies and your physical
> is only one of the 12. Food is far from being the
> only source of good health.

I have twelve bodies? Cool, I could start a basketball team with seven backsups. smiling smiley

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables