Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Animal Protein = Deadly, dangerous CARCINOGEN
Posted by: arugula ()
Date: October 23, 2007 10:36PM

Mislu, since the 50s they have been eating a diet that is considerably more Westernized and less native. Their statistics are worse than Westerners, however.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Mislu ()
Date: October 24, 2007 03:10AM

Wrenbrrd,
Why thank you. I just wish that I could be better at being diplomatic more of the time, online and in person. Its a continual learning process. The topic of the Inuit lifestyle seems to always come up on the raw food boards. Sometimes its for favor to represent raw foodism. (although this is not entirely correct, even traditionally) Sometimes its to demonstrate the ill effects of consuming animals. Its been used by advocates of low carb diets of one form or another. In any case, however its represented, it never seems to be exactly how I have experienced it. I can't honestly say I have lived the traditional lifestyle more than a few summers at my grandparents fish camp. But these things always feel different from within, then from without.

A few years ago, I was banned from the board under a different name. I think they thought I was advocating the consumption of animal products. In fact I was trying to explain how things were over simplified, and just how complex the picture really is. Nutrition can't be seperated easily from how you make a living, how you see the world, what culture you come from, your language, religion, lack of religion, economics, the time period you live, etc...

I think the traditional lifestyle of Inuit people is interesting. I especially find a few remote villages in Greenland of particular interest. Some did not have contact with other people until 1900!! All that time, they thought that only about 1,000 people existed in the whole world! They lived on an isolated bay which had bare rock for a shore, and the arctic ocean on one side, and a huge ice field on the other. The current was such that the only driftwood that arrived was about the size of a pencil. So, no wood to build boats, make spears, and the like. And thus no way to leave the island. Basically the only food was eggs, chicks and adults of a particular seabird. But largely it was eggs. Using traditional notions of the basic four food groups, these people should have died out a long time ago. But granted, it may not have been the ultimate diet for humans. I have seen photos of people when they first made contact, they looked rather short, but had enormous heads. It seems like their brain size was twice that of europeans. But, maybe that was because the body form was slightly different. Genes? Lifestyle? a combo? I don't know.

In any case I love the board, its always interesting.

Date: October 24, 2007 03:22AM

Sapphire,
Organic dairy can be pasturized. I was asking if the study dealt with fresh raw milk products or pasturized. Chinese and Indian medicine make some interesting remarks on the properties of dairy products from various animals, and even human milk fed to adult humans. Indian medicine especially goes into length about properties of milk. Elephant milk, goat milk, mare's milk, lamb's milk, camel milk. Even describing different properties of cow's milk, if it came from a white cow, brown cow, black cow etc...

I think if milk is fresh and raw and consumed within 4hours, its satavic. Any older its rajastic. If its pasturized, I think its rajastic or maybe even tamastic. Please forgive me if the spelling of these words are incorrect or if I am described them incorrectly. The point is that some people note a difference in milk according to origin, and how its been treated. From a vegan and fruitarian perspective, its probably of little interest.

The protein found in milk in any form may have problems. But what I wanted to know if it was isolated. In scientific studies quite often they isolate particular proteins to be able to do 'double blind' studies, making little pills so that no one knows what is being taken. Thats not how people usually consume dairy products, unless its in a supplement.

Date: October 24, 2007 03:26AM

Arugula,
Its a complex topic indeed. Inuit people may have more problems dealing with processed foods, dairy, alcohol, tobacco, food additives. In addition, its been quite a transition from a 'hunter gatherer' society to a cash society. Actually, a mixed economy is probably what most practice today.

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables