Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Nuts, seeds fats: how to lose weight?
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 30, 2006 12:29PM

Hello everybody, I'm Ana, 23 yrs old, I'm getting started with the raw food diet. I'm having a big dilema regarding the amount of nut fats that I should eat everyday...or per week.
I'm trying to lose 30 pounds, and also feel healthy and with energy, but I think that it's not good to eliminate the nuts,seeds fat of my diet...and nobody can. I need if some of you could help me with this: How much do you think is the appropiate amount of nuts, nuts spreads, nut milks, or seeds per day or week? even though I need to lose weight?
Could anybody help me with these?
For example: if I take 1/2 cup of nuts during the day, or in the morning, I probably could not eat any nut spread, nut milk?
I'll appreciate very much your response! Thank you very much!
Please help me!
Sincerely,
Ana

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Nuts, seeds fats: how to lose weight?
Posted by: chiquita ()
Date: April 30, 2006 05:33PM

Hi Ana,

I also really wanted to lose a couple of pounds a while back - I weighed about a 125 pounds then. I then restarted with 100% raw foods and ate as many raw fats as I wanted and I gained weight (about 8lbs). I also was ill and it got worse during this time, so I don't know if it had a big effect on my weight. Anyway, then I started eating no overt fats (due to illness, hoping it would help) and I got better very quickly and I lost all the weight I had gained plus some in 6 weeks (now at about 120lbs). I have loads of energy (I eat lots of green smoothies, fruits, salads and juices) and never think about calories. I am planning to slowly introduce avocados and durian again when I feel my digestive system is up to it. And after that (spouted) nuts/seeds. But, my point is initially the no overt fats really helped with weight loss.

good luck!
claire

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables