Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Re-Detox Time Length
Posted by: mango19 ()
Date: October 20, 2007 06:41AM

If you've gone through the process before, should it take less time to detox each time after?

Does one cooked meal require another few weeks of detox?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Re-Detox Time Length
Posted by: fuzzysox ()
Date: October 20, 2007 11:57AM

great question! I've always wanted to know the answer to this.
My guess would be about a week for one day of eating cooked foods, from whatever food group. At least for me it takes about a week, I watch the whole process my body goes through. Constipation, which can last up to a couple of days, lack of appetite, diarrhea, constant thirst. Also after I eat anything processed or cooked (especially grains), my body almost immediately becomes overheated, and I start sweating perfusely. The sweating usually last for 3-4 days, and it smells like the cooked/ processed food, except sour. Also an acne outbreak usually occurs, and my skin gets really sensitive, so I cant be out in the sun for more than ten minutes without starting to burn. For me this whole process is especially true with fish. Back some months ago, when I was first transitioning to raw, I had real issues with meat, which I craved alot. Whenever I ate tuna my whole system would go wack. It was a pretty horrible experience, I regretted it everytime. I'm not exactly positive on how many days it takes house to clean out, but Brian would probably be one of the best people to answer this question.
What is your experience when eating cooked mango19?

Date: October 22, 2007 12:31AM

I've only taken a couple months break. In that case, my re-detox was similar to the original grand detox situation. 2-3 weeks. I've never taken a 1-day or 1-meal detour.

As far as affects on the body after going back for first time in awhile (ie. eating cooked food), my experience was more like caffiene. Energy, then dehydrated and tired.

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 10/22/2007 12:45AM by mango19.

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: October 22, 2007 12:52AM

If you've fully detoxed all the cooked food out of your system (lets say you've been 100% raw for a year), and you eat a cooked meal, the detox will be immediate and last a day or so. However, if you eat some cooked food and you don't feel it right away, your body may be still in the transitioning state.

Date: October 30, 2007 08:05AM

thanks, that's great news

this means that, when someone takes a 1 meal break from being raw (if they must), detox will take less time

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: October 30, 2007 11:03AM

As Brian said. If you are really clean inside.....transit time might take a couple of days....or longer....depending on what you ate! Ha! ha!

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables