Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

nails need major help!
Posted by: ariel ()
Date: May 01, 2006 03:49PM

hey everyone,

ever since last november, i noticed my nails have become really weak. also, they're some major pitting going on. is there anything you can recommmend to cure them?? i thought it was protein, but thats definitely not the problem. i eat enough fat. honestly, i'm pretty lost about how to go fixing them up.

any advice would be appreciated!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: nails need major help!
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: May 02, 2006 07:46AM

The supplement MSM will help your nails. It helps my hair grow faster and my nails are stronger. I use the MSM sold at [www.TheRawDiet.com]

The herb silica might help. There are good bone health herbal supplements at the health food store that will also help your nails.

Posted by: ariel ()
Date: May 02, 2006 04:26PM

thanks for suggesting that, mike! it sounds promising and i'm willing to give anything a try. i'm going to order me some smiling smiley

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: May 02, 2006 11:42PM

I use the Silica formula by Cell Food. 15-30 drops per glass of water per day. It helps them become very strong. BUT since going raw two years ago I have now developed verticle ridges on my nails. My nails are strong but have these verticle ridges. Maybe it is from a smaller amount of protein or from not absorbing the protein I am getting, am lost to try and figure it out.. I have bene told many theories, one of which is that I have a B12 deficiency and need to take methylcolbamin (sp) for of B12 and it will help my nails... You can have low level B12 and it will not show up in regular lab work...This seems to be a problem with vegans...
Does E3Live have absorbable type of b12? I just started using that two weeks ago and already noticed my skin is better.
Thx
Carlson

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables